Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM

7 posts, read 31,606 times

Advertisements

Hi All
Please provide me some information on Lilburn and loganville, which one is better to live and how are the middle schools there. I heard Lilburn is getting more crime now. Are there some particular areas which are bad and i should stay away from those areas? Please give me detail info. which areas i should pick. In the beginning i'll be renting an apartment and please let me know which area has good and safe apartments. If i can find Indian community around will be good. Your feedback will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
The mayor of Lilburn wants to outlaw singing and dancing.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM

10 posts, read 52,265 times
"some information on Lilburn and Loganville, which one is better to live and how are the middle schools there. "

Lilburn is much closer in to the city of Atlanta. Some people see this as an advantage and some see this as a disadvantage. The good area in Lilburn is the area in the Camp Creek elementary,Trickum Middle and Parkview High areas. For renting in this area I would check Craigslist for house rentals. I am not aware of any apartments in this area. The not as good areas in Lilburn would be the areas in the Berkmar High cluster. Hopkins elementary on Burns has very low scores.

The Indian community in Atlanta is centered in Dekalb County. There are a lot of Indian stores around Lawrencville Highway and Dekalb Indutrial Blvd. There is also a large Indian store called Taj Mahal off N. Druid Hills Road near the Target. There is an Indian minimall on the perimeter of N. Dekalb mall. There is also a mall on Jimmy Carter Blvd. in Norcross called Global Mall that is Indian oriented.

The Indian area in Dekalb can be easily accessed from Lilburn by taking Lilburn Stone Mtn Road,making a left at Howell by the gas stations and entering the 78 freeway going west. You can exit at N. Druid Hills road, turn right and on your right will be an Indian mall featuring a veg restauant called Madras Saravana Bhavan.
You could also stay on 78 until it ends and merges with Lawrencville Highway. Udipi Cafe will be on your right. If you continue on,stay in the left lane and there will be an Indian mall to your left. Turn left on Dekalb Industrial Way and you will find Cherians,an Indian grocery. This is also near the Dekalb Farmers Market.

There is also a good Indian grocery on Pleasant Hill Road by Club Dr. that is close to Lilburn. For more info on the Atlanta Indian community check out Khabar: Welcome to Khabar.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:52 AM

7 posts, read 31,606 times
Hi Sugarloafing,
Thank you for your kind information. Its a good help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarloafing View Post
"some information on Lilburn and Loganville, which one is better to live and how are the middle schools there. "

Lilburn is much closer in to the city of Atlanta. Some people see this as an advantage and some see this as a disadvantage. The good area in Lilburn is the area in the Camp Creek elementary,Trickum Middle and Parkview High areas. For renting in this area I would check Craigslist for house rentals. I am not aware of any apartments in this area. The not as good areas in Lilburn would be the areas in the Berkmar High cluster. Hopkins elementary on Burns has very low scores.

The Indian community in Atlanta is centered in Dekalb County. There are a lot of Indian stores around Lawrencville Highway and Dekalb Indutrial Blvd. There is also a large Indian store called Taj Mahal off N. Druid Hills Road near the Target. There is an Indian minimall on the perimeter of N. Dekalb mall. There is also a mall on Jimmy Carter Blvd. in Norcross called Global Mall that is Indian oriented.

The Indian area in Dekalb can be easily accessed from Lilburn by taking Lilburn Stone Mtn Road,making a left at Howell by the gas stations and entering the 78 freeway going west. You can exit at N. Druid Hills road, turn right and on your right will be an Indian mall featuring a veg restauant called Madras Saravana Bhavan.
You could also stay on 78 until it ends and merges with Lawrencville Highway. Udipi Cafe will be on your right. If you continue on,stay in the left lane and there will be an Indian mall to your left. Turn left on Dekalb Industrial Way and you will find Cherians,an Indian grocery. This is also near the Dekalb Farmers Market.

There is also a good Indian grocery on Pleasant Hill Road by Club Dr. that is close to Lilburn. For more info on the Atlanta Indian community check out Khabar: Welcome to Khabar.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 AM

167 posts, read 769,189 times
I agree with the previous poster...the biggest Indian population as well as Indian businesses are in DeKalb County. I'm also aware of a large population in Tucker. I'm not that familiar with Lilburn and Loganville.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
They are building a massive Hindu temple on US 29 in Lilburn, so there must be a large Indian population there. It is really a cool looking building; we always slow down in amazement when driving by.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 16,610 times
There is not a large indian population in Lilburn but the Hindu Temple is awesome! It looks out of place surrounded but old buildings, strip malls, and small houses but it's an improvement. The areas surrounding are all good places to live, Tucker, Lawrenceville, etc. You could pick much worse...

Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 21,385 times
Default Lilburn VS Loganville

In response to your message in choosing Lilburn over Loganville I am a Real Estate Agent and Leasing Expert and I can personally tell you I prefer Lilburn over Loganville for a number of reasons ( I have lived in both areas and currently reside in Lilburn) Loganville while nice is quite far away from activities that you may want to be involved in and in my opinion is a little more rural than Lilburn however, if you want more rental space with acerage for the money it is a great area but if you perfer an easier commute with more community activities Lilburn is a great place for you. While no one can guarantee saftey you should contact the local police departments in both areas which can give you the statistics of crime. If you would like rental help as there are not many apartment communities in either area feel free to visit my website at [URL="http://www.theatlrealestatediva.com"]www.theatlrealestatediva.com[/URL] and click the link to e-mail me I can send you many listings in both areas and see which you prefer. In my opinion you get a better deal when renting a hime rather than an apartment anyway and will spend anywhere from $800 to $2000 for high end rentals in either area with the exception you may get more acerage in Loganville.

Michele King
Real Estate Agent and Leasing Expert
9 Mile Trolley Realty / 9 Mile Trolley - The Loft Stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta