Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 01:04 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,831,794 times

Advertisements

Have you guys been on crescent on thursday nights and seen the crowd of people leaving those lounges and clubs? that area would be great if they could expand it more. Even the area around cenntenial Olympic park would be great. I dont think Atlanta is loosing its luster because theres not a district there are polenty of places to go if you wanna party

I dont have a problem with nightlife here as I like the more hip hop clubs where I can dance and have a drink I dont really care for bar hopping like that, Even lounges are a better suit for me just take a look at some of the venues. these are just 2 but there is so much for all races even mix crowds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpyb08e6Iu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpxO4-8DuiU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 02:13 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,099,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Not even talking about Buckhead--at all.

Carry on though--your posts are entertaining.
OK, so you weren't talking about the Buckhead hip-hop district, which came into being in mid-1998, peaked in 2000, and ended in 2003 when mayor Franklin had the closing time pushed forward from 4 AM to 2:30?

Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you weren't talking about Buckhead (), then what were you talking about? Enlighten us.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
I agree. Maybe BringBackcobain can explain this hate.
It has nothing to do with hate or racism. I'll tell you the reasons, but as a disclaimer, I am going to be completely honest and real. And these reasons are generalizations, shared by many of the white people I know and associate with, but certainly not descriptive of all whites. That being said, since I am sharing this info to further a mature, intellectual, honest debate, I won't respond to anyone who responds by branding me a racist.

1. Personal Tastes. Why do people go out in the first place? When it comes down to it, what's the main motivation? For single people, the main purpose is to meet members of the opposite sex. The single people set the tone and it's really them who decide where the good places to go out are.

That being said, its few and far between when I see a black girl I find attractive. Same goes with Asian women. Yes, there are exceptions, but as a whole neither group "does it for me." So why would I go to an all-black club? How does that further my ultimate goal, which, to be blunt, is to satisfy my sex drive?

And the fact is, most blacks and Asians feel the same way towards whites. Interracial dating may be more common, but I wouldn't call it widespread. In my opinion, it's human nature to be most attracted to members within your own race, i.e. people that look like you. Even if I was really into black girls, how many would be into me?

2. Crime perception. Even if a black club is upscale, there is a chance the thug element could seep in. And once that happens, there is the perception that the club is unsafe, and often times, perception becomes a reality when someone is shot. This wouldn't be a problem if many upscale black people didn't dress very similar to the thuggish, hip hop types, with the saggy jeans and flat-billed hats. How do you tell the difference? How is a white person supposed to be able to distinguish a low-class club from an upscale one?

3. Cultural differences. Bottom-line, I am just going to have the most fun at a bar where the music being played is geared to my tastes, the people I meet come from similar backgrounds, the people share the same beliefs and values, speak the same lingo, etc. It's the same reason I wouldn't want to go to a bar in Dublin, Georgia, or Dothan, Alabama, or Doraville, Georgia.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Bbc I just posted 2 videos of upscale events where purple are dressed up... Not every urban club allows that

Old 05-15-2011, 03:40 PM

864 posts, read 1,120,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
It has nothing to do with hate or racism. I'll tell you the reasons, but as a disclaimer, I am going to be completely honest and real. And these reasons are generalizations, shared by many of the white people I know and associate with, but certainly not descriptive of all whites. That being said, since I am sharing this info to further a mature, intellectual, honest debate, I won't respond to anyone who responds by branding me a racist.

1. Personal Tastes. Why do people go out in the first place? When it comes down to it, what's the main motivation? For single people, the main purpose is to meet members of the opposite sex. The single people set the tone and it's really them who decide where the good places to go out are.

That being said, its few and far between when I see a black girl I find attractive. Same goes with Asian women. Yes, there are exceptions, but as a whole neither group "does it for me." So why would I go to an all-black club? How does that further my ultimate goal, which, to be blunt, is to satisfy my sex drive?

And the fact is, most blacks and Asians feel the same way towards whites. Interracial dating may be more common, but I wouldn't call it widespread. In my opinion, it's human nature to be most attracted to members within your own race, i.e. people that look like you. Even if I was really into black girls, how many would be into me?

2. Crime perception. Even if a black club is upscale, there is a chance the thug element could seep in. And once that happens, there is the perception that the club is unsafe, and often times, perception becomes a reality when someone is shot. This wouldn't be a problem if many upscale black people didn't dress very similar to the thuggish, hip hop types, with the saggy jeans and flat-billed hats. How do you tell the difference? How is a white person supposed to be able to distinguish a low-class club from an upscale one?

3. Cultural differences. Bottom-line, I am just going to have the most fun at a bar where the music being played is geared to my tastes, the people I meet come from similar backgrounds, the people share the same beliefs and values, speak the same lingo, etc. It's the same reason I wouldn't want to go to a bar in Dublin, Georgia, or Dothan, Alabama, or Doraville, Georgia.

Thug element is only going to seep into Upscale black clubs? What about the upscale black clubs that don't allow that nor have crimes like the one mentioned above in Atlantic station?

Old 05-15-2011, 04:09 PM

444 posts, read 701,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post

I hate to say it, but I actually do agree with BBC on number one and three. It's non-PC and not sugercoated, but there's some truth in it.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:54 PM

864 posts, read 1,120,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Have you guys been on crescent on thursday nights and seen the crowd of people leaving those lounges and clubs? that area would be great if they could expand it more. Even the area around cenntenial Olympic park would be great. I dont think Atlanta is loosing its luster because theres not a district there are polenty of places to go if you wanna party

I dont have a problem with nightlife here as I like the more hip hop clubs where I can dance and have a drink I dont really care for bar hopping like that, Even lounges are a better suit for me just take a look at some of the venues. these are just 2 but there is so much for all races even mix crowds

YouTube - T1 LIVE - STATS (Professional Relaxation)

YouTube - PROFESSIONAL RELAXATION @ FRENCH AMERICAN BRASSERIE aka F.A.B. 05/15/10 RECAP
Not my favorite music or crowd( prefer hipsters) but I don't see how any straight professional male of any race can find fault with this. Oh my goodness.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:00 PM

Yes there are alot of spots like this I know I've been the woman are sexy and everyone is not thugged out

Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Bbc I just posted 2 videos of upscale events where purple are dressed up... Not every urban club allows that
If I was into black chicks and I knew they would be into me, I don't think I would have a problem going to these clubs. There seems to be a strict dress code, which should keep the thugs out. That's how the clubs in AS should be, but in AS there seems to be a LOT more riff-raff than either of these places.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,017,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Not my favorite music or crowd( prefer hipsters) but I don't see how any straight professional male of any race can find fault with this. Oh my goodness.
If it was just all the women and me, it would be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta