Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:02 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm not talking about this lady in particular but I have seen a man suddenly cast off his walker and braces and begin to move about swiftly when the circumstances rendered it necessary.
Hey, John Locke did it! Wait, that was a wheelchair...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM

416 posts, read 972,528 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about this lady in particular but I have seen a man suddenly cast off his walker and braces and begin to move about swiftly when the circumstances rendered it necessary.
Forrest Gump??

Old 05-10-2011, 06:36 PM

57 posts, read 162,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Yeah, still doesn't make sense to me why you would laugh at something like this. That was an actual human being that was dragged down the street, not some story line from a fake tv show.

If you having trouble with the concept, in no way was what happened funny. Not in a ironic way or in a "ha ha" kind of way. To react to this in that manner is extremely sickening to me honestly. I might be a generational thing. The younger folks today seem to think incidents like these or people being beat down on the street is funny some how. Tsk tsk tsk
No, don't include me in that. I am 20 years old and am outraged by this story. The bus driver should be prosecuted to the highest extent of the law.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
In any case, congratulations to Atlanta's newest millionaire!
Yes, and guess who will ultimately split the bill?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:37 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,507 times
From what I have heard from the news, this passenger was a regular who was an obnoxious pain. That does not excuse the driver from dragging her, but maybe a look at procedures in dealing with obnoxious passengers needs review.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 AM

227 posts, read 494,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
One thing is for sure: this is another story that doesn't help MARTA's reputation at all.

MARTA rep has taken a beating this year...and its only May

Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 AM

227 posts, read 494,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Lol ha ha ha.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
From what I have heard from the news, this passenger was a regular who was an obnoxious pain. That does not excuse the driver from dragging her, but maybe a look at procedures in dealing with obnoxious passengers needs review.
Why on earth would a bus driver would intentionally drag a passenger? Is it possible the passenger used the rear exit and somehow the driver didn't see her reach back in?

I can tell you that getting off the bus with a walker is no minor feat -- even with a kneeling bus it takes some skillful maneuvering and a little time. Try it some time and you'll see what I mean.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:36 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I don't understand your reaction?
Its just another day in the Big Peach...You should have seeen how hard at laughed at the Marta Drivers mug shot...If the buses are anything like the trains then its not surprising one of the drivers snapped. Free entertainment. Its all good.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM

426 posts, read 2,322,333 times
Quote:
Why on earth would a bus driver would intentionally drag a passenger? Is it possible the passenger used the rear exit and somehow the driver didn't see her reach back in?

I can tell you that getting off the bus with a walker is no minor feat -- even with a kneeling bus it takes some skillful maneuvering and a little time. Try it some time and you'll see what I mean.

Because of the fact that people with walkers have to have the bus kneel down in order for them to get off I would imagine she was getting off in the front. I'm just curious to see the outcome for this driver in the long run. Obviously she should lose her job but I am really wondering if any criminal charges will be brought against her.

@Society: This has been such a bad year for Marta. Kinda hard to convince suburban counties to allow you to expand there when you just can't catch a break in the criminal news spehere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: