Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 PM

6 posts, read 22,476 times

Advertisements

What can you all tell me about "Brock Built" homes???

Looking to move to ATL and have looked at Princeton Village in College Park as well as a couple of the other new developments they have built...

Any thoughts? Trying to stay under $300,000 if possible!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 07:24 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmitt22 View Post

Looking to move to ATL and have looked at Princeton Village in College Park as well as a couple of the other new developments they have built...

Thanks
I'm very familiar with Brock Built and Mr. Steve Brock (Owner-Developer) himself. I can tell you that he is a very sincere man and his company is taking a very active role in developing areas that were once blighted and reviving them into wonderful communities. I've met Mr. Steve Brock at NPU meetings several times and he's truly making a difference in building quality Earth Craft homes in Atlanta.

He and his staff have been a pleasure to work with during the entire process. The difference with Brock Built is that he looks to build living sustaining communities that incorporate the live/work/play lifestly that fosters a true since of community. That's the major difference that puts his company far and ahead of many builders and on par with John Wieland homes. Since Brock Built builds mostly in the city he incorporates an oasis type atmosphere in the middle of the city in his communities.

I'm under contract to purchase a townhome at the Historic Westside Village Development Historic Westside Village and it's in dry wall status right now and I drive by usually 4 times a week and progress is excellent. I really feel that it will become a downtown Decatur/L5P type of development in time with the retail that's incorporated and the Atlanta University Center (All Private $$$ HBCU's which include Spelman College, Morehouse College, Clark Atlanta University and The Interdenominational Theological Center w/Over 15k of administrators/students/faculty) directly across the street & a Marta Station/Publix & several other retail developments already on-site. You have the makings of something truly special brewing there. All of Brock Built' developments incorporate that type of feel and that's why he continues to be successful.

Now with regards to your question; I've taken a look at Princeton Village and West Highlands and they both are turning out to be gems. I'm purchasing at The Historic Westside Village which only consist of condos and townhomes (no single-family detached homes).

The 1st phase of West Highlands is sold out and they are currently building phase two as we speak, I believe they are just under 300k for phase 2 and they have a excellent 12k buydown program going on right now. Princeton Village is turning out to be really nice as well, it's located in Historic College Park with great access to Marta and freeways and shopping there also and they have homes that are ready for move-in now.

BTW, I'm a San Francisco 49ers fanatic Emmitt22 so I imagine you being a Dallas Cowboys fan! Great games we've had in the 80's & 90's eh? Hopefully my team can get back on track this year. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 08-03-2007 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 AM

826 posts, read 3,121,210 times
I agree with the previous poster. I do not know the builder but as an owner of an Earthcraft home I could not be happier. I have seen BrockBuilt homes and they look great.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmitt22 View Post

Thanks
Does anyone have any info on KB Homes in Georgia......I have seen a few of them and they are very nice and I know back home in NH and here in FL they have a very good reputation, but I seem to remember something about them here (relating to GA) and am hoping that ppls can help me get the facts. I have visited thier website and homes as I have said but I would be interested in anyone that has either first hand knoweledge or knows good/bad etc so I can make an informed decison.
I also would like to know if the builder that you list "BrockBuilt homes" has homes in the Grayson area and if they have a website. I have searched and cant find anything. I may be looking in the wrong place...or my puter is messing up which wouldnt surprise me in the least...
Thanks again
Lisa

Old 08-03-2007, 08:35 PM

6 posts, read 22,476 times
Thanks so much for the info...the more info the better...looking forward to my visit to ATL next week and checking out Brock Built...leaning that way big time! Now just not sure if I go with the townhome Atlantafinest picked or the single family at Princeton Village...

How long will the commute be from each?

Thanks again

Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,017 times
Default Looking for New Homes

Chesk out New Homes Georgia -. Here you will find a variety of metro Atlanta's most affordable quality new homes.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 AM

30 posts, read 133,655 times
Does anyone know how to actually reach someone at the Brock Built corporate office? We have a situation where my young relative (first-time homeowner) called up an agent that happened to be a Brock agent. The agent failed to mention that she was not her agent and that she worked for the builder. So my relative was thinking that she was looking out for her best interest. At any rate, it turns out that the agent showed her two (yes, only two) homes and they are the last two homes for sale in a 50+ adult community! Now, my relative looks every bit of 20ish and my relative also has a very young child who might eventually want to go out and ride a bike one day. B/c these were the last two houses, there weren't any signs or anything indicating that it was a community for older people. The agent mentioned that "there were alot of older people in the community" but failed to mention that it was actually a community only for older people. Additionally, the agent has been using the house as her personal office for I don't know how long but the house isn't even the model (there is no model). She's selling the house as a new house, however. Even though I'm sure that she's using the furnace, A/C and plumbing on a regularly basis.

The problem (aside from this obvious mess) is that, my relative canceled the contract during the contingency period verbally and in writing but first the agent denied receiving the cancellation, then later admitted it, but now is a complete ghost and we cannot obtain the termination and release form to get my relative's earnest money back. The entire thing has been extremely shady on the part of the agent ... it is just crazy.

My relative and I have both tried calling the corporate office, leaving messages, talking to the agent (when she answers, which is never at this point) etc. but to no avail.

Someone mentioned Steve Brock being a sincere man. Can you clue us in on how to reach him?

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
I agree with the previous poster. I do not know the builder but as an owner of an Earthcraft home I could not be happier. I have seen BrockBuilt homes and they look great.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibseysgirl View Post
Does anyone have any info on KB Homes in Georgia......I have seen a few of them and they are very nice and I know back home in NH and here in FL they have a very good reputation, but I seem to remember something about them here (relating to GA) and am hoping that ppls can help me get the facts. I have visited thier website and homes as I have said but I would be interested in anyone that has either first hand knoweledge or knows good/bad etc so I can make an informed decison.
I also would like to know if the builder that you list "BrockBuilt homes" has homes in the Grayson area and if they have a website. I have searched and cant find anything. I may be looking in the wrong place...or my puter is messing up which wouldnt surprise me in the least...
Thanks again
Lisa
Here's the facts-
KB Home pulling out of Atlanta
lastminutemom

And it couldn't have happened any sooner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta