U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM

7,909 posts, read 12,172,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
You guys think this will eventually drive up real estate prices in duluth, suwanee, or johns creek? Home prices seems so cheap to me right now for the value you get.
Nope. That is the secret to Atlanta's success. There are certain laws and a tax structure in place (and mentality) that will keep our prices low for housing as compared to most other major cities.

Quote:
I wonder If the high influx of Asians would drive up the real estate prices in those areas?
You know how we do. It doesn't matter what the price is, we'll find a way to haggle it down to a 1/4 of the asking price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM

955 posts, read 2,870,998 times
I don't know about you guys.. but i am so proud of Atlanta Who would of every thought a city from the south would get the second highest vote for the "Best Korea Town" Award in the U.S. This poll may not 100% accurate, but this poll definitely shows me that there is strong Korean pride among the Koreans living in Atlanta.

Go Atlanta !!! I am now a crazy Atlanta FAN!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM

1,181 posts, read 1,768,174 times
It certainly puts at least a floor, or if nothing else, slows the declines. Better Duluth than Stone Mountain.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:54 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,293,184 times
Quote:
I don't know about you guys.. but i am so proud of Atlanta Who would of every thought a city from the south would get the second highest vote for the "Best Korea Town" Award in the U.S. This poll may not 100% accurate, but this poll definitely shows me that there is strong Korean pride among the Koreans living in Atlanta.

Go Atlanta !!! I am now a crazy Atlanta FAN!!!

WOW>>>WARONXMAS,You know exactly what Im going to do with this!!Not bad for a "strip mall">LOL

Old 05-13-2011, 05:59 PM

969 posts, read 1,664,414 times
I think it's great although I wish there was a larger Asian/Korean presence in the actual city of Atlanta instead of just Gwinnett County.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:05 PM

876 posts, read 1,943,694 times
Interesting stats on Asians in the metro. I did not realize their numbers were quite that significant, though their business presence in the Duluth area is very visible as you drive around tha major arteries. I think I saw more signs in Korean than in other languages overall (besides English).

I think real estate prices in metro Atlanta revolve around how good the reputation of the public schools are (primarily in the suburban areas). In Atlanta proper, not so much the case, so there are other factors, but Asians being in a certain area probably has little to do with the real estate prices from what I believe.

Oh, and the oreos are making me hungry for a snack.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
I think it's great although I wish there was a larger Asian/Korean presence in the actual city of Atlanta instead of just Gwinnett County.
Perhaps this is the reason why they are mostly concentrated in the Gwinnett County area.

It is pretty impressive that the Atlanta Metro has more HMARTs than California.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:30 PM

7,909 posts, read 12,172,167 times
Quote:
Perhaps this is the reason why they are mostly concentrated in the Gwinnett County area.
You might be on to something. No lie, but after Hmart opened in D'ville last year, 3 Korean families moved into my building and I've seen more and more Koreans all around North Buckhead and Brookhaven. It makes sense as you can't expect people to drive 30 minutes to get their go****ang stash.

Quote:
It is pretty impressive that the Atlanta Metro has more HMARTs than California.
It's a trend that, as you saw on that other thread city-vs-city that won't be named in here, people aren't paying attention to. Koreans companies are hedging their bets on Atlanta and investing heavily in the area. We're not talking your mom and pop tofu houses either, but major retailers that would need to be in place to support a massive community of people. These are exciting times to live in here as we're a literally seeing a new community rising, steeped in their culture, rise based on their own terms.

Let the haters hate because we're building big things here in Atlanta...with out making people tie their identity to a tiny bit of real estate in some far off section in the city.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 AM

75 posts, read 97,455 times
Quote:
You guys think this will eventually drive up real estate prices in duluth, suwanee, or johns creek? Home prices seems so cheap to me right now for the value you get. I wonder If the high influx of Asians would drive up the real estate prices in those areas?
They better not. I want to move to Atlanta because it's cheap and I cant afford to live in Maryland anymore wiht my kids and share an apt. No one is speaking English anymore in Maryland because of the gentrification.

Praise be to God the Almighty!
~Markesha

Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM

I agree with you 100% waronxmas.

Although we already have a lot of Korean living in Atlanta, Atlanta's K-Town clearly hasn't hit critical mass among the heavily K-populated cities like DC, NY, and LA. Many of the Atlanta K-town bashers haven't even visited Atlanta still thinking it is still an OREO city with their negative southern stereotypes.

This is reason why I have been and will be heavily investing in real estate in Atlanta in the next 10 years. To me, buying real estate in prime locations in Johns Creek, Suwanee, Duluth, Buckhead, etc is like buying bullions of gold in 2001 when no one talked about it... sort of like how tmajority of the LA, NYC, DC, and Chicago Koreans don't know how awesome Atlanta's K-Town is developing right now. Obviously you and I know.

This is good for people like you and me as we still have time to invest before Atlanta hits critical mass and all these Koreans from other states will start flooding in here bidding up our real estate prices. You are absolutely correct that the Korean investment into Atlanta will not be your everyday mom and pop tofu houses or dry cleaners, there will be real Korean corporations who will be making foreign direct investments into Atlanta.

This may sound a little bit out there... but in the next 10 - 20 years, i will not be suprised if a group of rich Korean investors from KANGNAM buy out the entire Gwinnett Place Mall and turn it into a K-Town Galleria. In my humble opinion, the way Gwinnett Place Mall looks right now, will not last very long. Possibly filing bankruptcy in the next 5-9 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You might be on to something. No lie, but after Hmart opened in D'ville last year, 3 Korean families moved into my building and I've seen more and more Koreans all around North Buckhead and Brookhaven. It makes sense as you can't expect people to drive 30 minutes to get their go****ang stash.

It's a trend that, as you saw on that other thread city-vs-city that won't be named in here, people aren't paying attention to. Koreans companies are hedging their bets on Atlanta and investing heavily in the area. We're not talking your mom and pop tofu houses either, but major retailers that would need to be in place to support a massive community of people. These are exciting times to live in here as we're a literally seeing a new community rising, steeped in their culture, rise based on their own terms.

Let the haters hate because we're building big things here in Atlanta...with out making people tie their identity to a tiny bit of real estate in some far off section in the city.

Last edited by mrpanda; 05-15-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or