U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 AM

876 posts, read 1,946,960 times

Advertisements

mrpanda said
Quote:
... It is pretty impressive that the Atlanta Metro has more HMARTs than California.
Considering the population differences between California and GA, this is a very astute observation, mrpanda. If you want to get more specific, compare Asian populations between CA (4.5 mill.) and GA (200-400K ? - depending on what you count as Asian or Pacific Islander). That is an interesting find for sure.

Last edited by SW30303; 05-15-2011 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,621,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You might be on to something. No lie, but after Hmart opened in D'ville last year, 3 Korean families moved into my building and I've seen more and more Koreans all around North Buckhead and Brookhaven. It makes sense as you can't expect people to drive 30 minutes to get their go****ang stash.
Can you please explain why someone with as much resentment and contempt for white people would live in an area that is 90% white? It just does not make sense.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:55 PM

I agree, I'd love to see some of the Koreans move into Atlanta. I just wish the national media and pop culture would acknowledge Atlanta's new status as an Asian Mecca. Maybe an Asian mayor would do that trick? That would be awesome and really shake up the stereotypes people have of Atlanta.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,319,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Perhaps this is the reason why they are mostly concentrated in the Gwinnett County area.

It is pretty impressive that the Atlanta Metro has more HMARTs than California.
I like H mart

Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 PM

955 posts, read 2,876,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
I agree, I'd love to see some of the Koreans move into Atlanta. I just wish the national media and pop culture would acknowledge Atlanta's new status as an Asian Mecca. Maybe an Asian mayor would do that trick? That would be awesome and really shake up the stereotypes people have of Atlanta.
Yeah,
I would love to see a Korean mayor in Johns Creek in my lifetime. The city of Johns Creek currently has a 20% Asian population whereas the top ethnic Asian group is Korean, then Indian only by 200 head count. I would estimate that 36% of Johns Creek's population will be Asian by 2020.

The first Korean to ever become mayor in the United States is Suk hee Kang in Irvine, California. The two cities (Irvine and Johns Creek) are very similar to one another in that both cities have schools that rank in the top 3% in their respective states, a large vibrant Asian community, and a high per capital income of $42,000. If we get an Asian mayor in Johns Creek... Atlanta's new status as an Asian Mecca (LA of the south) will be a slam dunk.

Re-Elect Sukhee Kang for Mayor of Irvine < - Korean mayor in Irvine, California

Johns Creek city, Georgia - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2005-2009=

Last edited by mrpanda; 05-15-2011 at 05:22 PM..

Old 05-15-2011, 05:17 PM

955 posts, read 2,876,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I like H mart
HMart's competitor and follower is Assi Plaza. They currently two locations in Atlanta.

1291 Old Peachtree Road
Suwanee, GA 30024

1630 Pleasant Hill Rd.
Dululth, GA 30096

I've heard rumors that they are looking to open up a new store in Johns Creek.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 PM

13,644 posts, read 22,101,535 times
I think the next Metro Atlanta H Mart should be in East Cobb--

I'd place it in the East Lake or Old Mill/Old Canton area shopping centers (Both places are on Roswell Road/Hwy 120).

There are a decent amount of Koreans (as well as other Asians) in tony East Cobb.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 PM

7,915 posts, read 12,198,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Can you please explain why someone with as much resentment and contempt for white people would live in an area that is 90% white? It just does not make sense.
What resentment and contempt for white people?

Oooooh, because I don't buy into your wacked out ideals or agree with anything you post on the subject? Yeah, that totally means I don't like white people. LOL

FYI for those who are interested so I could clear the air on this. I don't dislike white people. Just the bigoted ones.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM

13,644 posts, read 22,101,535 times
Quote:
...I don't dislike white people. Just the bigoted ones.

Amen.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
What resentment and contempt for white people?
Uh, the resentment and contempt that you harbor towards white people. What is hard to understand about that statement?

Quote:
Oooooh, because I don't buy into your wacked out ideals or agree with anything you post on the subject? Yeah, that totally means I don't like white people. LOL
No, because of the ideas that you communicate in this forum, such as worrying that Koreans would end up being segregated in Atlanta due to those evil white Southerners (since there is so much of that white-on-Asian hate crime here in Atlanta), or refusing to acknowledge that Hispanics can be white (plays into the whole minimization of whites), or counting down the days (literally) with joy and anticipation until whites are the minority in the U.S.

Quote:
FYI for those who are interested so I could clear the air on this. I don't dislike white people. Just the bigoted ones.
Yeah, and FYI for those who are interested, he forgot to mention a minor detail: in the world of waronxmas, all white people are bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or