U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,620,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Amen.
Coming from the poster who thinks white people living today "must pay until kingdom come" for the 19th and 20th century wrongs of dead people they have no relation to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 PM

7,913 posts, read 12,191,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Uh, the resentment and contempt that you harbor towards white people. What is hard to understand about that statement?
Perhaps because it is not true?

Quote:
No, because of the ideas that you communicate in this forum, such as worrying that Koreans would end up being segregated in Atlanta due to those evil white Southerners (since there is so much of that white-on-Asian hate crime here in Atlanta)
What? I've never stated any such opinion. Again...

Quote:
or refusing to acknowledge that Hispanics can be white (plays into the whole minimization of whites),
Again, your position on this subject is flawed and I will not go into it again on this thread as it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

Quote:
or counting down the days (literally) with joy and anticipation until whites are the minority in the U.S.
What joy? It's more than likely going to happen, and there is nothing you can do about it. Realizing that does not mean one "enjoys" the idea of it. It just is what it is and should be no surprise to anyone.

Quote:
Yeah, and FYI for those who are interested, he forgot to mention a minor detail: in the world of waronxmas, all white people are bigots.
Don't tell me what I think. You have no idea who I am nor who is in my circle of friends and family. I have white friends that I've known since I was in diapers, with one person in particular whom I spent pretty much every day with of my life until we left for college and he relocated out west (I also count this person as my brother no different than my real siblings), I have white people in my family through blood and through marriage, hell I even almost married a woman who is white (it didn't work out for several reasons, mostly the fact she came out the closet, not the color of her skin). As you pointed out, I live in a majority white neighborhood. If I hate white people I have real funny way of showing it.

In my world view there are two types of people: Humans and bigots. I love humans in every form they come in, and I hate bigots in whatever form they come in. I hate white bigots just as much as I hate black bigots (like the NOI) or Jewish bigots (radical zionists) or {insert lame mindset here} bigots.

I don't let it be known on these boards often, but I am of half black and half asian heritage. Growing up biracial in America (of any combination) makes you really, really, really sensitive to any form of bigotry. I do not stand for it, and especially do not stand for being a bigot. I will call it out every chance I get with no shame whatsoever.

Finally, if you have a problem with me, take it to another thread or pm. Stop derailing this thread with a post that has nothing to do with what is being discussed and was civil before I was accused of something I am not.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 PM

13,626 posts, read 22,085,534 times
Quote:
Coming from the poster who thinks white people living today "must pay until kingdom come" for the 19th and 20th century wrongs of dead people they have no relation to.

How to argue like a white racist ę Abagond

Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
What? I've never stated any such opinion. Again...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/19097294-post12.html

Quote:
As you pointed out, I live in a majority white neighborhood. If I hate white people I have real funny way of showing it.
Never said you hated white people. Just that, based on your posts, you seem to have resentment towards them for historical reasons, which is why I couldn't quite get why you would live in a white neighborhood.

Quote:
I will call it out every chance I get with no shame whatsoever.
Same here.

Quote:
Finally, if you have a problem with me, take it to another thread or pm. Stop derailing this thread with a post that has nothing to do with what is being discussed and was civil before I was accused of something I am not.
That won't be necessary, and I am done with this conversation. You never explained why someone with contempt and resentment toward white people would choose to live around them, but I guess you're just trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't waste your time sending me links. I don't read a thing you link/recommend on this site.

By the way, didn't you grow up in East Cobb? What is it with all these black people that either hate or have resentment towards whites, yet live in the whitest areas of the metro? Is it some type of fetish?

Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't waste your time sending me links. I don't read a thing you link/recommend on this site.

By the way, didn't you grow up in East Cobb? What is it with all these black people that either hate or have resentment towards whites, yet live in the whitest areas of the metro? Is it some type of fetish?

What color am I again? Hmmmmm...the "East Cobb" should be your clue...

Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
What color am I again? Hmmmmm...the "East Cobb" should be your clue...
I have a good idea what color you are, but why don't you say what color you are?

Old 05-15-2011, 09:33 PM

7,913 posts, read 12,191,242 times
Quote:
That post had nothing to do with what you said it did and if you believe so that is a reading comprehension problem on your part. I suggest reading the actual history of {insert ethnicity here}-towns and not the fake version made up by bigots to cover for the true purpose of the creation of them. To help you out a bit, it was more than just skin color involved and was all about superiority. It was even extended to Europeans who once weren't considered pure white like the Irish, Italians, Greeks, Jews, etc.

We do not need to repeat the same thing here in Atlanta with those {insert ethnicity here}-towns as we already have enough scars from that horrible period of history.

Quote:
Never said you hated white people. Just that, based on your posts, you seem to have resentment towards them for historical reasons, which is why I couldn't quite get why you would live in a white neighborhood.
That's your own inability to understand my point of view at play. It's easy to cast stones when you've never been in my shoes.

Quote:
That won't be necessary, and I am done with this conversation. You never explained why someone with contempt and resentment toward white people would choose to live around them, but I guess you're just trying to have your cake and eat it too.
How convenient you just failed to post my entire explanation as to why it is I do not "resent White people". Perhaps it's because your "argument" got owned? You can say it all you want, but it won't be true no matter how many times you say it.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I have a good idea what color you are...
No, you don't at all.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
That post had nothing to do with what you said it did and if you believe so that is a reading comprehension problem on your part. I suggest reading the actual history of {insert ethnicity here}-towns and not the fake version made up by bigots to cover for the true purpose of the creation of them. To help you out a bit, it was more than just skin color involved and was all about superiority. It was even extended to Whites who once weren't considered pure white like the Irish, Italians, Greeks, Jews.

We do not need to repeat the same thing here in Atlanta with those {insert ethnicity here}-towns as we already have enough scars from that horrible period of history.
And why would we repeat that in Atlanta with Koreans? Why would there be a risk of that happening? Who would be at fault?

I am Italian. I know very well the history of those towns and why they were created. But there is a difference between being aware of history and using history to express your own personal resentment.

It would be like if I had resentment towards the Germans, and kept saying, "well, if we get a lot of jews in Atlanta, we better make sure the German Atlantans don't try to do a repeat of the Holocaust."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or