U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,529,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Its a (semi-bogus/made-up) awards ceremony before a professional baseball game. How IS IT a political event?
It was called a "Civil Rights Game." Civil Rights are political issues.

Perhaps they shouldn't give out these types of awards at sports events, but since they do, expect to hear political speech.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,160,445 times
Quote:
Again. No one said he should be muzzled. Please. Rather, that a wiser person would have muzzled himself.

The people of CA elected Arnold. That was THEIR choice. Do you have problem with open elections? At least Arnold wasnt RECALLED, like the previous DEMOCRTATIC governor, Davis.
I'm sorry you missed my point in your desire to crap on a Democratic politician which has nothing to do with anything.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 AM

479 posts, read 567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
This is all I need to know.
So you're a "9-11 Inside Jobber" dude. Wow. Everybody else paying attention?

That is all I/we need to know as well.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
It was called a "Civil Rights Game." Civil Rights are political issues.

Perhaps they shouldn't give out these types of awards at sports events, but since they do, expect to hear political speech.
Hmmm. Im not familiar with this "game". Does that mean white players must apologize for getting hits off black pitchers, or making outs against black batters?

And poor ole me just thought this was a PR effort to sell a few more tickets to a ball game. But what do I know...

Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,160,445 times
Quote:
So you're a "9-11 Inside Jobber" dude. Wow. Everybody else paying attention?

That is all I/we need to know as well.
The premise is correct, Wall St. lives by its own laws and rules and destroyed the world's financial system with no regulation and no punishment. Of course there will be a lot of bias and some inaccuracies but the overall premise was spot on.

However, you rather ***** about a Hispanic musician standing up for what he believes in then ***** about the body building governor who helped crap out Cali or the people who defecated all over America that work on Wall St.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 AM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,529,513 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Im not familiar with this "game". Does that mean white players must apologize for getting hits off black pitchers, or making outs against black batters?

And poor ole me just thought this was a PR effort to sell a few more tickets to a ball game. But what do I know...
I guess you didn't even attempt to read the article.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM

2,047 posts, read 3,884,620 times
I couldn't possibly care less about what Santana says, I'm just annoyed to the backteeth that my money will be used to try to defend a law that's patently unconstitutional on it's face. I'm so tired of politicians creating stuff that they know will be overturned just to get votes from the ignorant and uninformed. Every constitutional scholar on the planet has stated that this law is unconstitutional. Arizona has lost millions in revenue from people boycotting the state, and Georgia jumps on board anyway. I really do think we need a constitutional amendment to prevent legislators from writing bills that they know are unconstitutional. They're a waste of time, money and simply make the state look stupider than all get out.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 AM

3,209 posts, read 4,524,246 times
I agree with Santana.

To see why I feel this way, you can review the thread where I've been arguing against HB87 for a month now:

Georgia passes Arizona type immigration law

If you want to argue against me on this, it might benefit you to brush up on basic facts of illegal immigration in America first. I've noticed people tend to support banishing illegal immigrants even without a basic understanding of the issue.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,858,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I couldn't possibly care less about what Santana says, I'm just annoyed to the backteeth that my money will be used to try to defend a law that's patently unconstitutional on it's face. I'm so tired of politicians creating stuff that they know will be overturned just to get votes from the ignorant and uninformed. Every constitutional scholar on the planet has stated that this law is unconstitutional. Arizona has lost millions in revenue from people boycotting the state, and Georgia jumps on board anyway. I really do think we need a constitutional amendment to prevent legislators from writing bills that they know are unconstitutional. They're a waste of time, money and simply make the state look stupider than all get out.

Can you please provide a link where "every constitutional scholar" has stated that this law is unconstitutional. I havent seen nor heard one thing about this and this bill has gotten alot of press lately. All I have heard is the threat of a few boycotts.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I guess you didn't even attempt to read the article.
Nope. I read it. It wasnt very long so I managed to get through it.

Still see a PR effort attached to a baseball game. Not sure why the article would make me see it any differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta