U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM

7,806 posts, read 11,774,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
You didn't end up in jail for attacking her? Disappointed in ya, man...
Nah, I was a perfect gentleman. I just smiled and nodded my head to her....then stared at her until I almost slammed into the cosmetics case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM

12,973 posts, read 21,083,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
The show. Was actually very good if u watched it last night
That's good to know.

Will need to check it out...thanks!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,985,747 times
Ok so I just watched the show. Well, its not as bad as the promotions made it seem. The promotion made it seem like all the women were some air headed gold digging type of stuff. Some of it is the typical black drama, It does make Atlanta look like a very attractive city. All in all it reminds me of Sex in the City and not Girl Friends. Which is a good thing in my opinion. All the women seem to live a some sort of urban lifestyle instead of in the suburbs like Girlfriends seemed to be. The character that Lisa Raye plays is my favorite one, but in a way its a lot different from Sex in the City. It does not represent the average person in Atlanta, more so the upscale black crowd. It is entertaining and the actors play their parts well, but Im a lil iffy on Lil Waynes baby mama. Its an interesting show and hope it does well, at least 5 or 6 seasons. Some of the men in the show are really corny or either suckers, no abusive dark skinned men like what Tyler Perry does. Puffy dame can not act....plus seeing her on this show shows she is really not that pretty and has horse teach, but Puffy dropped some kids in her so maybe she aint as ugly as the show makes her look. Not too bad of a show. The white women being the unfaithful wife to a black man is an interesting twist. But dude is a sucka, so its interesting to see that sort of character on black show. The dude from the Tempations movie not sure what he does. Dude is arrogant as hell....I like him too. So it doesnt make Atlanta look like a ghetto city, it does make Atlanta look like an upscale metro and you would not think it was based in the south by watching the show, because no one on the show talks how Atlanta people normally speak. People may watch that show and say WOW people in Atlanta are so cool, hip and have style, but........

Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,985,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Utter junk and nothing to be proud of. Atleast RHOA was watchable junk.

Quite frankly, it's time for shows with more character and substance that show the real Atlanta, rather than constantly trying to pass it off as more materialistic and luxurious than it actually is.
Yes what you are saying is an interesting comment man. It DOES NOT show the REAL Atlanta, but the characters are interesting and I think the Stacey Dash character reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw just a lil. But with Lisa Raye character that upscale Luxury vibe is hard to escape. Based on 1 ep its not a shallow show.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:53 PM

577 posts, read 711,183 times
I love the show. excellent casting, acting, and entertaining.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,351,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
I love the show. excellent casting, acting, and entertaining.

Yes I would agree

Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,858,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Ok so I just watched the show. Well, its not as bad as the promotions made it seem. The promotion made it seem like all the women were some air headed gold digging type of stuff. Some of it is the typical black drama, It does make Atlanta look like a very attractive city. All in all it reminds me of Sex in the City and not Girl Friends. Which is a good thing in my opinion. All the women seem to live a some sort of urban lifestyle instead of in the suburbs like Girlfriends seemed to be. The character that Lisa Raye plays is my favorite one, but in a way its a lot different from Sex in the City. It does not represent the average person in Atlanta, more so the upscale black crowd. It is entertaining and the actors play their parts well, but Im a lil iffy on Lil Waynes baby mama. Its an interesting show and hope it does well, at least 5 or 6 seasons. Some of the men in the show are really corny or either suckers, no abusive dark skinned men like what Tyler Perry does. Puffy dame can not act....plus seeing her on this show shows she is really not that pretty and has horse teach, but Puffy dropped some kids in her so maybe she aint as ugly as the show makes her look. Not too bad of a show. The white women being the unfaithful wife to a black man is an interesting twist. But dude is a sucka, so its interesting to see that sort of character on black show. The dude from the Tempations movie not sure what he does. Dude is arrogant as hell....I like him too. So it doesnt make Atlanta look like a ghetto city, it does make Atlanta look like an upscale metro and you would not think it was based in the south by watching the show, because no one on the show talks how Atlanta people normally speak. People may watch that show and say WOW people in Atlanta are so cool, hip and have style, but........

More stereotypical BS. I have lived in Atlanta my entire life and do not have one inkling of a southern accent, and so what if you do, much rather have a twang than an obnoxious "Yankee" accent.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:02 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,127,705 times
More than likely it will be just another piece of junk reality show. Just my opinion mind you. It'll do pretty well in the ratings department considering that so many people in Atlanta tend to go for the low-brow stuff, anyways...

Maybe I'm in the wrong business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
"Single Ladies Trailer" | Show Clip | VH1.com

"Originally shot in the summer of 2010, “Single Ladies” was set to be released as a film, however, VH1 liked it so much, they picked it up as an hour-long dramedy.
According to VH1, the series will be a “Sex & the City” style show set in Atlanta."

Single Ladies | Full Episodes, Photos, Recaps and Show Video | VH1.com

Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,351,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
More than likely it will be just another piece of junk reality show. Just my opinion mind you. It'll do pretty well in the ratings department considering that so many people in Atlanta tend to go for the low-brow stuff, anyways...

Maybe I'm in the wrong business?

Its not a reality show its a sitcom and its actual pretty good if you saw the first episode. If you dont like sex and the city then I guess you wont like this show.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:25 PM

12,973 posts, read 21,083,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Its not a reality show its a sitcom and its actual pretty good if you saw the first episode. If you dont like sex and the city then I guess you wont like this show.
Good response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or