Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Finally we agree on something. Based on the screen shots, it looks like an LA mixed with New York City.
Don't get cozy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 09:58 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Utter junk and nothing to be proud of. Atleast RHOA was watchable junk.

Quite frankly, it's time for shows with more character and substance that show the real Atlanta, rather than constantly trying to pass it off as more materialistic and luxurious than it actually is.
Very very interesting. What do you have in mind exactly?

Old 05-21-2011, 12:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Soooo that's why I saw Stacey Dash's fine <censored> at the CVS by my house a few months ago. I've had a crush on her for going on 20 years now.
You didn't end up in jail for attacking her? Disappointed in ya, man...

Old 05-21-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Very very interesting. What do you have in mind exactly?
Just a clever, grounded, well written drama or comedy. Something that showcases the more earthy side of Atlanta. Ever notice how these reality shows always focus on the polished and glitzy side of the city? Fans of the RHOBH would laugh and joke about how new-money Atlanta seemed in the RHOA.

Imagine a show that chronicles the lives of singles living in VA Highlands or Decatur. Atlanta needs something like that if they're looking to be taken seriously.

Last edited by AlGreen; 05-21-2011 at 12:51 PM..

Old 05-21-2011, 12:36 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Actually Lisa raye and Stacey got into a fight on set... lol I helped do some styling for this show

Old 05-21-2011, 12:50 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Quite frankly, it's time for shows with more character and substance that show the real Atlanta, rather than constantly trying to pass it off as more materialistic and luxurious than it actually is.
Atlanta does have a materialistic streak. Take it from somebody who's lived elsewhere. One of the first things I noticed upon arriving in northern Georgia was that some high school students were driving cars that were nicer than my father's. I was privileged enough to attend a private high school in Pittsburgh, and many of my peers came from families that were filthy rich, but the nicest vehicles in the student parking lot were a slightly-used Ford Explorer and a late-1980's-model Mercedes. The rest of the cars were hoopties, economy cars, and a couple of late-1980's-model Mustangs and Camaros -- and the guys with those cars earned their own money over the summer to buy them. (No, they didn't sell drugs either.) Drop a student from Chattahoochee, McEachern or Parkview High School off in the parking lot of my private school, and the first thing they'd comment on is how "ghetto" all the students' cars were. By the way, the guy who invited me to a party at his family's mansion in Fox Chapel and whose father had a detached garage with a dozen vintage Rolls-Royces in it...drove a Chevrolet Cavalier to school.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Atlanta does have a materialistic streak. Take it from somebody who's lived elsewhere. One of the first things I noticed upon arriving in northern Georgia was that some high school students were driving cars that were nicer than my father's. I was privileged enough to attend a private high school in Pittsburgh, and many of my peers came from families that were filthy rich, but the nicest vehicles in the student parking lot were a slightly-used Ford Explorer and a late-1980's-model Mercedes. The rest of the cars were hoopties, economy cars, and a couple of late-1980's-model Mustangs and Camaros -- and the guys with those cars earned their own money over the summer to buy them. (No, they didn't sell drugs either.) Drop a student from Chattahoochee, McEachern or Parkview High School off in the parking lot of my private school, and the first thing they'd comment on is how "ghetto" all the students' cars were. By the way, the guy who invited me to a party at his family's mansion in Fox Chapel and whose father had a detached garage with a dozen Rolls-Royces in it...drove a Chevrolet Cavalier to school.
I'm not denying that it does, but that's not all there is to it.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
VH1 embraces Atlanta with new ‘Singles Ladies’ show debuting May 30 | Radio & TV Talk

Old 05-31-2011, 04:47 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
The show. Was actually very good if u watched it last night

Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Actually Lisa raye and Stacey got into a fight on set... lol I helped do some styling for this show
Who won??? I heard on the radio Lisa was about to get off in that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta