Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,019,407 times

Advertisements

ATLANTA (March 24, 2011) - Four years after Cousins Properties filed plans to develop The Avenue Ridgewalk in Woodstock, a Midwest retail firm has filed plans to build a 435,000-square-foot factory outlet center on the site.

Skyline Views
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
The Avenues up in Forsythe is very nice.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
I heard the developer is calling it the Streets of Forsyth and claiming it's the next Rodeo Drive.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:04 PM

747 posts, read 1,544,230 times
I was still living in Woodstock when the announcement was made for the Avenues project. We thought we were hot shi* to be getting one of those projects. And now the result is an outlet mall. What a reality check.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:23 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I heard the developer is calling it the Streets of Forsyth and claiming it's the next Rodeo Drive.
I literally lold

Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM

16,698 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Does anyone have a map? Where will this be located in Woodstock?

An "Avenue," a "Forum," or a "Summit" would have been better for Woodstock/South Cherokee/Towne Lake.

Sigh.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,890,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post

An "Avenue," a "Forum," or a "Summit" would have been better for Woodstock/South Cherokee/Towne Lake.

Sigh.
According to the link in the original post, the address is 728 Woodstock Parkway, Woodstock, GA 30188 and according to Google maps, that's just on the east side of I-575 between Town Lake Pkwy and Ridge Walk Pkwy.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:43 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,370,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post

Sigh.
I-575 and Ridge Walk Parkway. That's between exits 8 (Towne Lake Pkwy) and 11 (Sixes Road). They have already begun a road improvement project to turn the overpass in to an interchange. By the time the mall is open there will be an interchange there.

I too am disappointed that this won't be an Avenue. That's what was on the drawing board when we bought our house, and was a big enticement to make the purchase. Then the economy went bust.

When I talked to a city councilman about this project he claimed that the same zoning standards will apply to the outlet mall that would have applied to the Avenues, especially when it comes to appearance and building elevations and facades. Or, as he put it "it's still going to look nice."

We're hoping.

Edit: if you go there now you will see a large open field along the southeast side of Woodstock Pkwy between Ridge Walk Pkwy and Rope Mill Road. That's where it will be.

Edit 2: Future road projects include turning Ridge Walk Pkwy in to a 4 lane divided highway (if you look closely today you will see that one side of Ridge Walk Pkwy has a cement curb and the other has a flat shoulder.....that's why), and extending Ridge Walk Pkwy to the east of Main Street all the way to Arnold Mill. No timeline yet on completion.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 AM

16,698 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
According to the link in the original post, the address is 728 Woodstock Parkway, Woodstock, GA 30188 and according to Google maps, that's just on the east side of I-575 between Town Lake Pkwy and Ridge Walk Pkwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
I-575 and Ridge Walk Parkway. That's between exits 8 (Towne Lake Pkwy) and 11 (Sixes Road). They have already begun a road improvement project to turn the overpass in to an interchange. By the time the mall is open there will be an interchange there.

I too am disappointed that this won't be an Avenue. That's what was on the drawing board when we bought our house, and was a big enticement to make the purchase. Then the economy went bust.

When I talked to a city councilman about this project he claimed that the same zoning standards will apply to the outlet mall that would have applied to the Avenues, especially when it comes to appearance and building elevations and facades. Or, as he put it "it's still going to look nice."

We're hoping.

Edit: if you go there now you will see a large open field along the southeast side of Woodstock Pkwy between Ridge Walk Pkwy and Rope Mill Road. That's where it will be.

Edit 2: Future road projects include turning Ridge Walk Pkwy in to a 4 lane divided highway (if you look closely today you will see that one side of Ridge Walk Pkwy has a cement curb and the other has a flat shoulder.....that's why), and extending Ridge Walk Pkwy to the east of Main Street all the way to Arnold Mill. No timeline yet on completion.
Thank you to both.

That is an excellent location for an "Avenue," a "Summit," or a "Forum."

Still sighing.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,370,988 times
"The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta"???? ARGH! What a horrible name. (A) the word "shops" doesn't have an "e" in it, and (2) it isn't in Atlanta!

Why not have "Woodstock" in the name? Or "Ridgewalk"?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: