Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 11:34 AM

37 posts, read 70,306 times

Advertisements

I think I've narrowed my apartment search down to these options (I've also visited Park District, Post Biltmore, and 935m). I'm looking for apartments that are safe and in a cool area, and are close to GT, as in within walking distance or near the bus stop, since I am not sure I will be able to get a parking permit the first semester. I also want to live in a nice apartment. Has anybody has any experience with either of these two places? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 01:20 PM

906 posts, read 1,746,263 times
I live in a condo in this neighborhood, and it's awesome. Ton of great bars and restaurants to walk to. Tivoli is obviously a little bit closer than 1016 is to GT, but if I were choosing I'd go for the Howell Mill corridor. Just feels a little bit more "neighborhood" than the immediate environs of Tivoli Tenside. (Part of the problem is how wide and industrial Northside feels. I personally feel safer walking on Howell Mill than on Northside in general.)

Can't speak to apartments themselves, though I've known people who've lived in both places and liked both places.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,728,588 times
I lived at 1016 for 3.5 years from 2004 - 2007. The rent I was paying was atrocious in comparison to the decline in overal quality of living. This may have changed in the past 3.5 years. I found that however they sold the concept to either the zoning board/city/ etc required a certain number of section 8 tenants, and yes, I'll correlate the thuggery, thieving, urinating in the elevator to certain residents and their guests. I really enjoyed the gym and pool though. I continued living there because of the concrete structure - I was/am a house music DJ in my free time and this arrangement worked well.

I was also 22-25 when I lived there and partied all weekend with the best of them, so the 3 and 4AM partying every night THursday - Sunday didn't bother me. Maintenance was good, and the apartment was bought by Archstone in 2005.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:47 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,728,588 times
Tivoli Tenside is where there was a stabbing last year? That side bordering Northside has always had more riffraff...not saying you couldn't be stabbed at 1016's parking garage - but that reminds me of how horrible their visitor parking situation is.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post
I live in a condo in this neighborhood, and it's awesome. Ton of great bars and restaurants to walk to. Tivoli is obviously a little bit closer than 1016 is to GT, but if I were choosing I'd go for the Howell Mill corridor. Just feels a little bit more "neighborhood" than the immediate environs of Tivoli Tenside. (Part of the problem is how wide and industrial Northside feels. I personally feel safer walking on Howell Mill than on Northside in general.)

Can't speak to apartments themselves, though I've known people who've lived in both places and liked both places.
Thanks for your input! I agree, I like the area 1016 is in much more than Tivoli Tenside.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP View Post
I lived at 1016 for 3.5 years from 2004 - 2007. The rent I was paying was atrocious in comparison to the decline in overal quality of living. This may have changed in the past 3.5 years. I found that however they sold the concept to either the zoning board/city/ etc required a certain number of section 8 tenants, and yes, I'll correlate the thuggery, thieving, urinating in the elevator to certain residents and their guests. I really enjoyed the gym and pool though. I continued living there because of the concrete structure - I was/am a house music DJ in my free time and this arrangement worked well.

I was also 22-25 when I lived there and partied all weekend with the best of them, so the 3 and 4AM partying every night THursday - Sunday didn't bother me. Maintenance was good, and the apartment was bought by Archstone in 2005.
Oh, I didn't know they rented to section 8 :/ .. I'd been trying to avoid that! Geesh, it's starting to sound like I have to go back to square one .. And yea, the rent there seems kind of ridiculous

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP View Post
Tivoli Tenside is where there was a stabbing last year? That side bordering Northside has always had more riffraff...not saying you couldn't be stabbed at 1016's parking garage - but that reminds me of how horrible their visitor parking situation is.
yeaa..I think I actually heard about a shooting there :/ .. where can I livvvve :'(. I just want to live somewhere nice and safe near Georgia Tech. It seems like everything has its negatives, though

Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,759 times
Hi. You mentioned 935M in your list of apartments expored. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of living there? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta