U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 03:24 PM

700 posts, read 728,181 times
Default V-103's Frank Ski Opening Buckhead Restaurant/Bar

Ski told The Shumacher Group the concept for his restaurant will be “a mix between a restaurant and the lobby of a W Hotel” and “is something generally only seen in New York City or Los Angeles.”

http://whatnowatlanta.com/2011/05/28/guess-which-radio-host-is-opening-frank-ski’s-restaurant-and-bar-buckhead/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,763,210 times
No surprise that it had to have his name. Anything to fed his ego.
Hopefully, he will be more successful then jermaine dupri joint. He need something else because once his ratings slip bye bye cbs radio n his $1 million contract...

Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 AM

121 posts, read 126,900 times
Just what Atlanta needs another "upscale" soul food restaurant. When will these people get it through their thick, ego filled heads? Soul food is good old fashion comfort food. Nothing about it is upscale. Soul Food was born out of necessity. There is nothing upscale about tougher cuts of meats, chicken wings, macaroni and cheese, greens etc. Quit trying to place a premium on soul food. I never understood the appeal of Justin’s restaurant. I took my wife there on a date 10 years or so ago and the food was horrible and overpriced. For the life of me, I cannot understand why that place is still open.

Frank Ski would probably do better with a family style soul food restaurant or a chic ultra lounge. Since he is a self proclaimed Wine Expert, maybe he should open a wine bar/ultra lounge that serves tapas which could appeal to the happy hour crowd and those looking for an alternative to music pumping night clubs.

Just one man’s opinion.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 AM

4,688 posts, read 3,064,150 times
You all are some haters. Either go to it or don't, I bet if it was someone from a "pop" station opening up a restaurant you all would not have this much negativity to say

Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM

380 posts, read 351,743 times
What's wrong with putting HIS name on HIS restaurant? It's called BRANDING. He put his name on his charity also. Doesn't seem to be a problem with that. I read a lot of the comments about the restaurant. Wow, didn't realize there was this much hate for Frank Ski in the A. He was always good in my book. Oh well, I hope it's successful, he's got his work cut out for him, though.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,763,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTaris View Post
Just what Atlanta needs another "upscale" soul food restaurant. When will these people get it through their thick, ego filled heads? Soul food is good old fashion comfort food. Nothing about it is upscale. Soul Food was born out of necessity. There is nothing upscale about tougher cuts of meats, chicken wings, macaroni and cheese, greens etc. Quit trying to place a premium on soul food.

Just one man’s opinion.
I'm seeing the same thing going on with the whole food truck "movement" in this city. Sometimes it seems like no one in this city can do anything without trying to go "upscale" with it. How about some good old-fashioned, inexpensive everyman food? I don't want overpriced Korean tacos, I want cheap Mexican tacos. I'm not looking for $4 "gourmet" popcicles.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:11 AM

I don't hate Frank Ski. I admit I do not listen to his radio show. However, he is one hell of a club DJ. It's almost like he transforms into another person when he DJs at a club. He is nothing short of amazing.

What I have a problem with is the crossing of a W hotel lobby with Southern Food. The concept sounds wierd like a mix of an icream parlor, with a sushi nightclub. I do like the idea of a cigar lounge.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I'm seeing the same thing going on with the whole food truck "movement" in this city. Sometimes it seems like no one in this city can do anything without trying to go "upscale" with it. How about some good old-fashioned, inexpensive everyman food? I don't want overpriced Korean tacos, I want cheap Mexican tacos. I'm not looking for $4 "gourmet" popcicles.
I agree. There is nothing upscale about food trucks.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,155,931 times
I feel the same.

Why is this even an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
You all are some haters. Either go to it or don't, I bet if it was someone from a "pop" station opening up a restaurant you all would not have this much negativity to say

Old 05-30-2011, 10:30 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,155,931 times
I would like to see more restaurants put more healthy options in their menus, especially where I live. I think so many folks wouldn't have to be dependent on medicine for high blood cholesterol if they had better food options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta