Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM

16,644 posts, read 29,343,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
...Chamblee has no white collar communities to speak of and never has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
As far as Chamblee goes, the area north of Peachtree Industrial Blvd. [and the area] that runs along Chamblee-Dunwoody Road is most certainly white-collar...
@LD--Yep...(see below)

Within incorporated Chamblee:

Sexton Woods
Harts Mill Road

Some/A lot of Huntley Hills

*all three are "white collar"

Last edited by aries4118; 06-07-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,096,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
@LD--Yep...(see below)

Within incorporated Chamblee:

Sexton Woods
Harts Mill Road
Some/A lot of Huntley Hills

*all three are "white collar"
Chamblee only extends into part of Sexton Woods. South of Harts Mill (until Granger Dr., I believe) is Chamblee, but this is Sexton Woods. I went to high school right there, and due to Chamblee's dilligence in marking thier limits, I am very informed on the subject. I spent many a study halls blazing through Sexton Woods. Very little of it is within Chamblee.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,604,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
I'm in East Cobb, or more specifically the small 30075 "Roswell" part of East Cobb, and there's a confederate flag flying on a house about 10 minutes walk from mine. (At least, there was last time I walked by with my dogs. I don't think we've been down that street in the last couple of months).

The house with the flag is on a street of relatively older homes - 1970s construction I'd guess. My part of East Cobb has its share of transplants, but the transplants aren't all northerners, and we have long-term residents as well. I have no reason to doubt peoples' claims that some parts of the northern suburbs are essentially entirely populated by transplants of northern or foreign origin. However, this is not true of all the northern suburbs, for sure.
I was driving through Cobb county the last time I saw a confederate flag. I wonder if it was the same house. As for transplants, yes Atlanta has a lot of them. But are they all from the north? Aren't many from other southern states? And just because people are from the north doesn't necessarily mean they're the kind of people you'd want to be around. I lived in the north and met plenty of people who fit the southern stereotype. So it's not a stretch to think people like that move down here.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Chamblee only extends into part of Sexton Woods. South of Harts Mill (until Granger Dr., I believe) is Chamblee, but this is Sexton Woods. I went to high school right there, and due to Chamblee's dilligence in marking thier limits, I am very informed on the subject. I spent many a study halls blazing through Sexton Woods. Very little of it is within Chamblee.

No.

Sexton Woods Drive is fully within Chamblee city limits--along with all of its "tributary" streets.

Keswick Drive and its plethora of tributary streets are within Chamblee city limits.

The homes that front Harts Mill Road from the south are within Chamblee city limits.

http://www.chambleega.com/client_res...2010-21-08.pdf

Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
None of those areas are Chamblee. That's unincorporated DeKalb with an Atlanta address.

Huntley Hills Elementary has a Chamblee address.

Huntley Hills Elementary and Montessori School

Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 PM

31,995 posts, read 36,572,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
I'm in East Cobb, or more specifically the small 30075 "Roswell" part of East Cobb, and there's a confederate flag flying on a house about 10 minutes walk from mine.
Surely that is an isolated incident?

I'm not doubting you saw one, but I've lived in Atlanta for decades and honestly can't recall ever seeing a Confederate flag on anybody's house. Is this the only one, or have you seen others?

Old 06-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
No.

Sexton Woods Drive is fully within Chamblee city limits--along with all of its "tributary" streets.
Yes. Sexton Woods includes more than just Sexton Woods Drive and its tributaries. It also includes Bubbling Creek, Watson Place, Runnymeade, Donaldson, etc.--streets that are NOT in Chamblee.

Quote:
Keswick Drive and its plethora of tributary streets are within Chamblee city limits.
That street is in Keswick Village, not Sexton Woods. Keswick Village is a neighbnorhood of 1950s bungalows built for the blue-collar employees of the Doraville GM plant.

Quote:
The homes that front Harts Mill Road from the south are within Chamblee city limits.
West until Granger Drive.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Huntley Hills Elementary has a Chamblee address.

Huntley Hills Elementary and Montessori School
Unlike other metro cities, there is no such thing as "unincorporated Chamblee." The USPS only allows Chamblee to be listed as the city if the business/residence/school is in Chamblee. If it is not, it must use "Atlanta."

Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes. Sexton Woods includes more than just Sexton Woods Drive and its tributaries. It also includes Bubbling Creek, Watson Place, Runnymeade, Donaldson, etc.--streets that are NOT in Chamblee.

That street is in Keswick Village, not Sexton Woods. Keswick Village is a neighbnorhood of 1950s bungalows built for the blue-collar employees of the Doraville GM plant.

West until Granger Drive.

Still though--and the point is--Chamblee has plenty of "white collar-ness."

Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Unlike other metro cities, there is no such thing as "unincorporated Chamblee." The USPS only allows Chamblee to be listed as the city if the business/residence/school is in Chamblee. If it is not, it must use "Atlanta."

Well, brother-man...whatever the case, Huntley Hills Elementary is usin' Chamblee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta