U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 22,676 times
Default No Credit Check Apartment Rentals (HELP!!!)

I am moving to Atlanta area really soon and would appreciate any information on properties that will rent without a credit check. Interested in properties that are income based as well. NOT LOOKING TO BE IN A HIGH CRIME AREA(which I know may be asking alot) but a good person with solid income, and just looking for a second chance at starting over without wasting time and money on app.fees ect... only to constantly be denied. also any properties near the marta train station would be GREAT as well North to South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM

1,628 posts, read 1,512,621 times
Most decent apartment complexes are going to require a credit check. With the current bad economy, the expectations of what is on the credit report has changed.

There are lots of individuals with bankruptcy and/or forclosures that can still get apartments but what distinquishes them is that they have good income sources today that supports their current cost of living.

Do you have employment lined up already because that is going to be key.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:14 PM

1,578 posts, read 1,926,518 times
Most of the properties will work with you when it comes to the credit thing these days. The downturn of the economy affected A LOT of people and a lot of them know if they stick to those strict guidelines when it comes to that they're going to have a lot of empty units. If you have a job that meets the requirements and can put down a deposit they will work with you. Your best bet is to just let them know the deal with the credit up front.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 PM

3,020 posts, read 2,259,561 times
Do a craigslist search but just type in no "credit check" in the search box.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:36 PM

455 posts, read 609,095 times
You should be able to find an apartment with them waiving the credit check, however you may be taking a huge risk with the area not being a crime area. Just being honest, most apartment areas not doing this will tend to attract certain people. Not all ppl just certain ppl. Good Luck on your move and I wish you the best. You can check out some apartments in the Camp Creek area or College Park but I'm unsure as to how close a Marta station is.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:46 AM

192 posts, read 303,898 times
The Craigslist suggestion was a good one.

I'd add that you might also consider searching Craigslist for houses that are for rent, or roommate situations.

With the former, if managed by the owner, you might be able to establish personal trust with the owner, thereby sidestepping credit requirements.

With the latter, while your personal space may be reduced, the stringent requirements might also be eliminated.

Further, look inside your personal/professional network. Facebook could help here. As could word-of-mouth around the office.

--

I personally believe that credit checks for apartments are an unnecessary annoyance.

All those hard inquiries have a negative impact on a renter's credit score and they sit there for 2 years.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to affect that annoyance.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:35 PM

946 posts, read 1,075,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAptAsap View Post
I am moving to Atlanta area really soon and would appreciate any information on properties that will rent without a credit check. Interested in properties that are income based as well. NOT LOOKING TO BE IN A HIGH CRIME AREA(which I know may be asking alot) but a good person with solid income, and just looking for a second chance at starting over without wasting time and money on app.fees ect... only to constantly be denied. also any properties near the marta train station would be GREAT as well North to South.
Try Berkshires at Howell Station (Berkshires at Howell Station in Duluth, GA). They may run your credit and a background check but you may have a chance since they need tenants.

The apartments are nice and spacious and the area is pretty safe and very diverse. Duluth is about a 35 minute - 1 hour ride (depending on how fast you drive and traffic) to downtown Atlanta.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 15,471 times
Hi there i need Help..im a single mom mf i need to move by march i have bad credit Where can i find apartments that doesn't check credit anywhere in pleasent hill Duluth?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 AM

56 posts, read 50,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by son-house View Post
I personally believe that credit checks for apartments are an unnecessary annoyance.

All those hard inquiries have a negative impact on a renter's credit score and they sit there for 2 years.
Really? I have lived in three different apartment complexes in the past two years and my TransUnion score (~775) has not gone down one point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta