Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,358,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Call the police.

this.

1000% illegal. but if it took you 4 days to wonder and post about it on a forum, i take it you like being abused.

good luck.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 PM

59 posts, read 222,856 times
Alley01 - yea thanks for ur response and thoughts... I hear you but it was not like I was just not paying... I was paying on time every month for 3 years then came the added assessment of $1000. I was able to pay the addition $500 of this and the 2nd install was a few weeks late. Form there I was hit with an $800 attorney fee in addition to the $500. So they let me pay an extra $100 a month. Which I was doing... then came another $1500 assessment - i could not keep up but was paying every month. Now 1 month of $400 did bounce on my end... and I do not need to correct on that. But with the attorney fees and assessment fees and the president told me new filing fees it will be over 5k.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,910,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner24 View Post
Alley01 - yea thanks for ur response and thoughts... I hear you but it was not like I was just not paying... I was paying on time every month for 3 years then came the added assessment of $1000. I was able to pay the addition $500 of this and the 2nd install was a few weeks late. Form there I was hit with an $800 attorney fee in addition to the $500. So they let me pay an extra $100 a month. Which I was doing... then came another $1500 assessment - i could not keep up but was paying every month. Now 1 month of $400 did bounce on my end... and I do not need to correct on that. But with the attorney fees and assessment fees and the president told me new filing fees it will be over 5k.
So, none of those fees are listed in your covenants? I am confused about all the additional fees but understand you being liable for attorney fees and filing fees. But, have they placed a lien on your home? Did you get a warning about the pillars being placed in your driveway?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:05 PM

CityRover - hell no! we called the police and under my attorney's advice have not taken action - this is given her time to explore. She called their attorney and they are going to advise the HOA to to remove the pillars so my wife can move... I just found this site/ forum and am looking for help and input.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,898,346 times
I like the idea of having them moved the HOA prez driveway. Or the HOA atty parking lot, so they cant' get in.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM

Alley01 - yes - paying their attorney fees is indeed listed. We were not warned about the pillars being placed. The lien I am not sure of - will check.

The assessments we were told were roofing improvements to be made - although our roofs seem fime to me.

Also - another neighbor has had this done to him, pillars blocking his driveway and he has lived their for 6 years. He told me all around him ppl moved out of Lexington Crossing, some b/c of he HOA. He said one guy just left in the middle of the night. He think the HOA is trying to get money from the rest of us...

Old 06-07-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I like the idea of having them moved the HOA prez driveway. Or the HOA atty parking lot, so they cant' get in.
WOW! I wish... I swear to God. Now all day I have had to take my wife here and there and I have not been able to work, I work for myself and have my own business...

Old 06-07-2011, 09:17 PM

I guess at this point, your only choice is to file a civil case against them and it may be very helpful to get other neighbors involved - past and present. That way, the HOA would be liable for their behavior. How they have gotten away with this is beyond me. It is baffling that you would be charged for attorney fees without a lien being on your house! It took hours to decide to stick pillars in your driveway? So glad I avoided Sandy Springs when we did live in Atlanta!!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
I guess at this point, your only choice is to file a civil case against them and it may be very helpful to get other neighbors involved - past and present. That way, the HOA would be liable for their behavior. How they have gotten away with this is beyond me. It is baffling that you would be charged for attorney fees without a lien being on your house! It took hours to decide to stick pillars in your driveway? So glad I avoided Sandy Springs when we did live in Atlanta!!
Hmm - yea PLEASE GET ME OUTTA HERE. They might have lien on me - and this is shame on me for not knowing at this point - but know I have not been served. I inherited this townhome after my father passed and was looking to sell when the bottom feel out. I REALLY hope my attorney can find some info. I have also sent this out to some clients - I produce corporate video and one of my clients is Reality co. He got raging mad and sent this off to their legal team. Catch is I can't be paying an arm and a leg of my legal team...

Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner24 View Post
Hmm - yea PLEASE GET ME OUTTA HERE. They might have lien on me - and this is shame on me for not knowing at this point - but know I have not been served. I inherited this townhome after my father passed and was looking to sell when the bottom feel out. I REALLY hope my attorney can find some info. I have also sent this out to some clients - I produce corporate video and one of my clients is Reality co. He got raging mad and sent this off to their legal team. Catch is I can't be paying an arm and a leg of my legal team...
I would imagine you are in Fulton County. So, call the local Courthouse tomorrow morning and they can give you that information. It is possible but unlikely that you would not be aware of a lien on your home. It also would show up on your credit report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta