U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM

185 posts, read 252,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by son-house View Post
The person to whom I was responding was writing from an annoyed Southerner's point of view and mentioned perceived hardships 'sneaking into Mexico'.

It's quite a stretch to turn that into that OP representing the plight of the Central American who attempts to slip through Mexico.

However, if anyone has a genuine interest in that subject here is a good documentary: Which Way Home
It doesn't matter if it was an 'annoyed Southerner's' point of view, the fact is that Mexico has a zero tolerance policy for illegal immigrants regardless of whether you sneak in from Guatemala or Arizona. If they catch you they will at the very least throw you in jail, fine you and then deport you. If you're unlucky they will also beat you silly and steal any possessions of value you may have. There are no 'perceived hardships' with sneaking into Mexico, they are in fact very real hardships. I have spent a lot of time working in Latin America and know this to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 AM

2,205 posts, read 4,144,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amv4372 View Post
Yesterday I went online to the DEFACS website for Cherokee County to read about food stamps. I know plenty of people that get them illegally and don't think for a minute I don't report it. I work every damn day in the county and own property and pay taxes. It said that if you are an illegal immigrant you are still entitled to some benefits. That is crazy!!!

This is what happens when you cross over to Mexico illegally.
If you cross the Mexican border illegally, you will be thrown into a political prison to rot (truthalliance.net)

This is what illegals get when they cross over to the USA illegally.
1. and the right to carry your countryís flag while you protest that you donít get enough respect.
2. A job,
3. a drivers license,
4. a social security card,
5. welfare,
6. food stamps,
7. credit cards,
8. subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
9. free education,
10. free health care,
11. a lobbyist in Washington,
12. billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language,
The bolded part is mostly lies. Come on.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 AM

2,815 posts, read 2,318,478 times
Quote:
Yesterday I went online to the DEFACS website for Cherokee County to read about food stamps. I know plenty of people that get them illegally and don't think for a minute I don't report it. I work every damn day in the county and own property and pay taxes. It said that if you are an illegal immigrant you are still entitled to some benefits. That is crazy!!!

This is what happens when you cross over to Mexico illegally.
If you cross the Mexican border illegally, you will be thrown into a political prison to rot (truthalliance.net)

This is what illegals get when they cross over to the USA illegally.
1. and the right to carry your countryís flag while you protest that you donít get enough respect.
2. A job,
3. a drivers license,
4. a social security card,
5. welfare,
6. food stamps,
7. credit cards,
8. subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
9. free education,
10. free health care,
11. a lobbyist in Washington,
12. billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language,
I certainly won't disagree that there's a lot of craziness afoot.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM

4,474 posts, read 2,716,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
The bolded part is mostly lies. Come on.
Well, mostly uninformed observations, I'd rather characterize it. I'm sure some illegal immigrants obtain some of these items/services, but I am rather sure, too, that such would be the exception to the rule and not a "right" per se.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM

63 posts, read 72,337 times
Perhaps rainyday but this I have seen personally as well. As one example, my Mother was hit head on by an illegal immigrant in a work van that had a valid driver's license. He fled the scene but was caught eventually.

I am sure as well that many illegals do not receive all that I listed but it does happen.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 AM

2,815 posts, read 2,318,478 times
Quote:
Perhaps rainyday but this I have seen personally as well. As one example, my Mother was hit head on by an illegal immigrant in a work van that had a valid driver's license. He fled the scene but was caught eventually.

I am sure as well that many illegals do not receive all that I listed but it does happen.
In Georgia you have to prove your immigration status before receiving a license. It's a cumbersome, invasive process for many.

You seem awfully adept at detecting illegal immigrants.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 AM

8,062 posts, read 5,876,591 times
ARJAY -- i will meet you at a field in Vidalia at sunrise tomorrow to pick onions for $7.25 an hour OK? LOL ... get real man ...

Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,513,179 times
sounds like a plan to get blacks back into the cotton fields

Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
In Georgia you have to prove your immigration status before receiving a license. It's a cumbersome, invasive process for many.

You seem awfully adept at detecting illegal immigrants.

It's a radar I have LOL! Just kidding. This is an issue that I have been passionate about since my Mother's head went through the windshield because of an illegal. This was back in the very early 90's when immigrants were flocking to Gainesville..the poultry capital of the world.

I don't care how cumbersome or invasive it is to be honest with you. It is what it is. I was held up at the DMV getting my son's learner's license. That is just the DMV for ya!

Have you not heard of the illegals that were stealing ssi# and getting licenses and benefits? I think this was GA but I honestly do not remember. I posted about it some time ago on another website that I used to be a member of.

Lots of things need to be overhauled!!! Starting with welfare. I do my part that is all. I am not politically correct or even politically savvy for that matter. I go on what I see every single day. I don't make this stuff up.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Sorry, I do not know how to post this video and article but this one is more recent than what I was talking about.

This talks about illegals stealing babies ssi# but the one I was refering to was a guy that went to buy an RV one day and was denied. After investigation it turned out that an illegal stole his identity.

*This below I copied and pasted from the site but can't post the video*
Many immigrants leaving Georgia behind
Those with ears to hear and eyes to see will get a better understanding of this crime than what is verbalized by NBC in this "report."

Our politically correct media refuse to connect the dots between the stealing of ours and our children's Social Security numbers and the illegal immigrants who perpetrate these federal offenses.

Although you will not hear NBC refer in any way to illegals, it will be more than clear who the perp is.

BTW: Dontcha just love how the courageous media are calling-out the government for not busting these thugs, but they cower and shirk when it comes to calling out politically incorrect realities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta