U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Box
 
381 posts, read 326,956 times
Reputation: 222

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
I see you are also having trouble dealing with the facts that I have posted....don't feel ashamed....many fear the truth and choose to avoid it as a defensive mechanism to maintain their strained world views.

"There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world."
Thomas Jefferson
You're quoting a guy who raped and impregnated a woman that he was keeping as a slave?

 
Old 06-26-2011, 08:25 PM
 
2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
Reputation: 1388
northwinds, no one is attacking you I just don't agree with you. You spent all these hours to find someting to post, modern day slavery from wikipedia that basically goes over prostitution/human trafficing and or marriage related issues. Did you read what you posted? The same issues can be said about the United States. Does polygamy ring a bell? Also, human trafficing is happening here and around the world. But it's different because it also happens in Africa right?

There is no cleansing or genocide of white people in South Africa. There are parts of South Africa that is having issues with race relations but that is not all of Africa or all of South Africa. There are racist areas of the United States but it is not all of the US. Guess what, crime in So. Africa affects the Indians, the Whites, the Blacks, etc. Crime is not happening all over So. Africa just certain areas.

When you write about genocide. You should make sure you know what you are writing about. You've referrenced only 4 countries in Africa that have genocide. Ok out of 54 countries (you said etc, but didn't reference anything, I'll bet you couldn't come up with anything). First, in So. Africa where there are racial conflicts in certain parts of that country with whites, the whites can relocate to other parts of So. Africa. But they choose not to move. I wonder why (I do know the answer to this complex question). 2. Somalia, there is no genocide going on there in present day. Some Somali's might be confusing opposition party lines and or border conflicts with genocide, but you googled it and didn't take the time to read. 3. Genocide is no longer an issue in Rwanda, did you know that? In Sudan, yes, there is still an issue. But that is life. Hopefully, that country can get it together. So guess, which country not to visit? Genocide also happened in other parts of the world. Happened in Europe too, life can not be perfect (remember Germany, just an example in case you had to google it).

To another poster, slavery happened all over the world and yes it also happened in Africa. But let's be clear it was worse here. Slavery in Africa usually for the most part was related to service, it was not permenate and people got to stay with their families instead of being subjected to rape and or mutalation and or being abducted from ones family. The US took it to another level. Anyways, I don't mean to give history lessons here. But Africa is a GREAT continent that one should see at least once in their lifetime.

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-26-2011 at 08:34 PM..
 
Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
 
2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
Reputation: 1388
Wow, just look at all the people that are scared to visit Africa, please tell me about genocide again:


YouTube - ‪Cape Town‬‏

YouTube - ‪High Life Dubai season-6 Episode6 part1‬‏

YouTube - ‪Victoria Falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Cara - Week 1 - Cape Town, South Africa‬‏

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbsz7...eature=related
YouTube - ‪Eritrea - The Beautiful City of Asmara‬‏

YouTube - ‪Nairobi, the Capital City - Kenya Tourism‬‏

YouTube - ‪Egypt, travel guide‬‏

YouTube - ‪Addis in 24 Hours: Addis Ababa Tour - Part 2, Clip 3 of 3‬‏

YouTube - ‪"Fes: Moroccan Medina Maze" Lar4290's photos around Fes, Morocco (leather shop name fez souk)‬‏

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-26-2011 at 09:39 PM..
 
Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 PM
 
538 posts, read 470,509 times
Reputation: 305
@bayarea-girl who wrote: "There is no cleansing or genocide of white people in South Africa. There are parts of South Africa that is having issues with race relations but that is not all of Africa or all of South Africa." ....well, at least I won't have to watch Letterman's monologue tonight to get my laughs.....you're infantile ignorance is quite enough....perhaps you should chat with the relatives of these 3000 plus white farmers who have been murdered in SA:

White farmers 'being wiped out' - Times Online

I'm quite sure that if 3000 black farmers had been murdered in the U.S. you would also consider it "no big deal" and show us pretty pictures of Mississippi and Alabama.....LMAO and SMH. As far as "history lessons" go I'll get mine from reality....not LaLa land.....
 
Old 06-26-2011, 09:50 PM
 
538 posts, read 470,509 times
Reputation: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
You're quoting a guy who raped and impregnated a woman that he was keeping as a slave?
This is how you would describe the author of the Declaration of Independence and one of the creators of the greatest country ever established on this planet.....pathetic....and it is proof positive of the complete devolution of our once great country. There is no proof that Jefferson fathered any of Hemmings children....certainly no evidence that he "raped" her. They may or may not have had a loving relationship that conceived a child...no harm there....he took her to Paris for goodness sake...what a romantic!
 
Old 06-26-2011, 09:57 PM
 
2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
Reputation: 1388
Northwinds, clearly we aren't going to see eye to eye. More than 3,000 blacks (African) farmers had been killed in parts of Africa (So. Africa too). This rarely makes the news. What exactly is your point. Crime happens every where. To whom it happens to is not right but it happens. What is your point? How is this Lala Land? Why are you posting OLD articles? Where those White farmers are located they should move and or build relationships with the people that are killing them. South Africa is not Compton. If Africans kill they do it for a reason and not just because, the issue isn't even so much that they are white. Have you thought about that? Also, since you are an expert in Africa, when were you there last?
 
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 PM
 
538 posts, read 470,509 times
Reputation: 305
@bayarea-girl who wrote: "Where those White farmers are located they should move and or build relationships with the people that are killing them."

That is the funniest sentence I've read in quite some time....you crack me up girl.....so victims of genocide should either just "move" or make friends with their killers! Oh, that is so rich...beyond belief....the sad thing is that you probably really believe that when it comes to white folks being slaughtered. I would venture to bet that your tune would be a little different if the folks being slaughtered were "people of color". By the way, I've been to Africa a number of times....I really enjoy sleeping behind high walls topped with concertina wire, while armed guards patrol the neighborhood to keep the killers out. I suppose my friends should just move or try and make friends with their potential killers......LOL at the silliness....but you're right....Africans are such loving people.
 
Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 PM
 
2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
Reputation: 1388
Northwinds, you've never been in Africa. That is clear. Why you are making it seem that I prefer whites getting killed over people of color a subject matter to suit your arguement is very childish and doesn't make it so. No one deserves to be killed so what is your point? The White South Africans took land that belonged to other people. So yes, they should try to work things out with the Black So. Africans they stole land from. The White farmers were not angels in keeping apartheid alive. People have to meet in the middle to create and keep the peace so there is no more bloodshed.

You can never answer direct questions nor can you really back up some of the BS that you are writing about. Again, why do you think Africa and Atlanta shouldn't try to do business? Oh, I forgot because of the genocide in So. Africa that seems to have taken all over Africa. Is that the point you are making? I forgot. Why do you have an issue with Africa not being as bad as you thought/hoped it would be?

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-26-2011 at 10:27 PM..
 
Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Box
 
381 posts, read 326,956 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
This is how you would describe the author of the Declaration of Independence and one of the creators of the greatest country ever established on this planet.....pathetic....and it is proof positive of the complete devolution of our once great country. There is no proof that Jefferson fathered any of Hemmings children....certainly no evidence that he "raped" her. They may or may not have had a loving relationship that conceived a child...no harm there....he took her to Paris for goodness sake...what a romantic!
"Sally Hemings (1773-1835), was a slave at Thomas Jeffersonís Monticello, pictured, and was the third presidentís mistress, according to a DNA analysis in 1998." - Sally Hemings News - The New York Times

Also, you are aware that it was a common practice for slave owners to RAPE their slaves, correct? Oh but its not REALLY slavery and rape if a white man does it, correct? The mere fact that you're seeking to excuse the fact that a man held human beings as slaves, and fathered (*cough* raped) a child with said enslaved person that he refused to claim is disgusting.
 
Old 06-26-2011, 10:45 PM
 
538 posts, read 470,509 times
Reputation: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
"Sally Hemings (1773-1835), was a slave at Thomas Jeffersonís Monticello, pictured, and was the third presidentís mistress, according to a DNA analysis in 1998." - Sally Hemings News - The New York Times

Also, you are aware that it was a common practice for slave owners to RAPE their slaves, correct? Oh but its not REALLY slavery and rape if a white man does it, correct? The mere fact that you're seeking to excuse the fact that a man held human beings as slaves, and fathered (*cough* raped) a child with said enslaved person that he refused to claim is disgusting.
The DNA analysis in the Jefferson/Hemmings case is inconclusive as to Thomas Jefferson. It could have been one of a number of Jeffersons who fathered one or more of the Hemmings children. I will admit that Jefferson and Hemmings must have had a pretty special relastionship since he took her to Paris in the 1800s when most white folks couldn't afford to go there....ever take a girl to Paris?...you should try it some time. And I suppose your analysis that slave owners always "rape" their slaves also goes to the African slave holders in todays world...right.....but its not "really rape if a black man does it, correct?"......I'm sure you prefer such paragons of leadership like Zimbabwe's Mugabe over folks like Thomas Jefferson......LOL. My position is that we should not strengthen ties with countries like South Africa and Zimbabwe which are actively engaged in ethnic cleansing. I'm not sure how Thomas Jefferson factors into that discussion.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top