U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 PM

8 posts, read 6,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ1977 View Post
White ethnics (Italians, Slavs, Jews) weren't even considered "white" when they immigrated here, and were considered one step above a black person. Why do people think that immigration became a major issue only after 1965---well. there were (and are) obvious reasons that many Americans want immigration restrictions yet again...lol)? Because immigration restrictions were put into place by Congress and signed into law by President Coolidge in 1924, with the express purpose of restricting Eastern and Southern European immigration. The KKK was at its peak in the country, with roughly 3.5 million members (official, though there were millions more sympathizers), 80,000 resided in my home state of Iowa, and WASP America was tired of the darkening and Catholicizing of American society.

In fact, some historians argue that the idea of collective whiteness became firmly entrenched during WWII, when Anglo Saxons from Massachusetts fought alongside Irish and Italian boys from New York and Philadelphia. The unity of fighting alongside each other broke down religious and cultural barriers amongst European Americans.

What some people don't realize is that there's thing called CULTURE and that EVERYONE has it. Of course, there's bound to be everyday differences in food, lingo, religious beliefs, etc., and in some cases, it devolves into civil wars and genocides. But the best prescription for breaking down ignorance is through exposure to various cultures. Most Americans cannot even tell you who their neighbors are, nor the leaders of those nations (Canada: Stephen Harper; Mexico: Felipe Calderon), and yet we wonder why the Tea Party and FOX News are #1?

"Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it."
--George Santanaya
If you study the history of the color constructs "black" and "white" in this country , you will realize that there really isnt any truth in them.They were made simply for division . "white" meaning certain privileges and etc

Like you said , the irish,italians , and jews wernt considered white when they came here.Overtime they were , and so were the privileges that came with being "white".

Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 PM

99 posts, read 191,360 times
Black Supremacist...WOW. Do you know how pathetic your rants and raves to the sound sane minded of society? LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS!! SING IT NORTHWINDS!! LOL
The only unity that me and MisterNY have is racial. Otherwise, for all I know, he is an African-American of Carribean heritage who's a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant. And you scream about "stereotypes"...lol. Let's see, he probably grew up in a rowhouse neighborhood (or a more modern home and neighborhood in the suburbs, though Queens is filled with houses from the postwar area), has lived in the ultimate melting pot, and I, by contrast, grew up in a "diverse" (relatively speaking) city of 100,000 with 12,000 blacks in a metro area (Quad Cities of IA/IL) of roughly 400,000 people of which roughly 25,000-30,000 are black. My neighborhoods and homes have been relatively diverse, in a largely white area (and very white state), and topographically hilly, and comprised of a brick apartment during my early years, a Victorian house during my youth, a split level duplex during my teenage years, and a 2-story home dating back to 1900 during my younger adult years. I have never taken a subway train, and there's a good chance that MisterNY has never visited Iowa. My point being, black people are DIVERSE, and there is not, and never has been, a monolith. BTW, many blacks were against the civil rights movement, and many so-called "black leaders" depised MLK. Again, keep up with your ASSumptions, because they are fun to dissect ( I am considering a law career, so my logical skills are being burnished...then again, this is too easy...LOL)

As far as doctors and nurses are concerned, I'll tell you what northwinds: if you're in physical trouble, believe me, you're not going to scream "GET ME A WHITE DOCTOR/NURSE QUICK!!" You're going to say, "I need help." Then again, you probably are that twisted mentally. Of course Becky and Lisa helped you: YOU WERE IN A STATE THAT REMAINS 83% WHITE!! DUH!! That's like me getting peeved because I see Latinos living all around me in Southern California. Jesus Christ almighty...

And speaking of AA, how do you explain "president" Bush? Inferior student, business failure, cokehead and criminal deluxe---and that was before stealing not one, but TWO elections that the mainstream media wouldn't even report about. Supposedly wins Florida in 2000 by roughly 540 votes, yet 98,000 were tossed out, and 54% were black, and that's not counting all of the Jews whose solidly Democratic votes were thrown out of Palm Beach County. Google journalist Greg Palast one day. Now tell me, who won?

And how about Luke Russert? Do you honestly believe that if his father wasn't the late Tim Russert (RIP) that he would have gotten the gig that he has at NBC? Did you scream "**** AA for white males" when unions gave (and give) hiring preference to their sons, cousins, uncles and relatives, the overwhelming majority of them white? Do you know what "The Philadelphia Plan" stemmed from? Did you know that it was created and enforced by a REPUBLICAN ADMINISTRATION IN 1971 (Yes, EEOC head Arthur Fletcher devised it, and Tricky Dick enforced it. Gotta give the GOP a little credit...HA!!)

You do know that unions were largely created in this country after slavery to block black men from earning a solid living in the trades northwinds, and that the AFL openly discriminated against blacks for generations? Because when a man is FORCED AGAINST HIS WILL to build ships, buildings, bridges and buggies (See Monticello/Washington Monument/Hell, large portions of DC and the Southern and NE United States), he has some pretty damn good SKILLS.

And how about legacy admissions? No one's screaming about that. Lastly, did you know that 1/3rd of all U.S. businesses openly discriminate against nonwhite candidates IN SPITE of AA and EEOC laws? Just google it, if you're brave enough. Sounds kind of CRIMINAL to me northwinds. But then again, what's a law without ENFORCEMENT (See nullifications of 1875/1883 Civil Rights Acts)? Yet it's folk like yourself that look over that everyday in this country while you scream about the 5 black/brown folk in an office of 100 people that are there through JUDICIAL FORCE, which is waning in a very conservative Roberts Court. I'll tell you what: when Todd stops getting hired (and all his buddies) because they know someone that knows someone (in spite of the fact that they boozed and coked their way through college on a 2.0-2.5 GPA), and when a black man with a college degree and no felony gets an equal chance of being hired than a white man with a HS diploma and a felony (black males with college degrees and no felonies on their record are 50% less likely to get an interview than white males with a HS diploma and a felony in the U.S.) then let's chat.

You truly are a sick person northwinds. I have never espoused black supremacy, yet you constantly find ways to divide people on these boards. You know what? I know cancer. I've had relatives die from that **** too soon. But not even cancer has changed your pathetic soul. Relax man...life's too short. Peace.

Last edited by JTJ1977; 06-29-2011 at 12:00 AM..

Old 06-28-2011, 11:35 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,931,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Yep, white western civilization has added nothing to this old world....yet, everytime I go to Africa I see so many architectural wonders that rival St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminister Abbey, Notre Dame, etc. And remind me again....did sub-saharan African "culture" even have the wheel before evil whitey arrived. And wasn't it an African who invented the television, the transistor, etc? As far as "African-Americans" reconnecting with their brothas and sistas over in Africa.....let me be the first to clue you....they don't like ya'll very much....think you are a bunch of whiney, lazy malcontents who don't understand what wonderful opportunities you have in this great country. Not to mention ya'll are the descendents of the folks they took into slavery and sold to whitey.... so they think you're weak. That's why most of Africa would move here tomorrow if they could.....opportunity and upward mobility created by evil whitey! LOL.
This is so racist it's not even funny, again with the white vs black crap it gets old so I'm not even going to respond to that part.

African Americans have a connection with are ancestors not the black people in Africa, so we really we don't care about them either, I mean we care about them as people as we would for Asians and etc. Anyways Blacks in Africa didn't change America... black, white and etc Americans did, so now blacks actually want to immigrate to the US. People have different views I would say a negative black African view some black Americans have, Africans countries have dominate black governments they can never say "racism" and there countries are full of natural resources, so they are only failing themselves. A lot Africans have a view of America with out history especially African American history, so it appears we have history of living it up. This is why I said subjectively, black in America and Africa is not same thing.

I said ours ancestors didn't build Nigeria but are ancestors were yoruban and etc big difference. By the way we not related to black africans that sold are ancestors, that's a contradiction. Most of the slave trade was African kingdoms fighting other African kingdoms. They solid rival kingdoms captive often for guns with Europeans. It would be like the French, and British fighting, so just because they are white dosen't mean they are the same people, blacks have never been the same people. I can't stress that enough

No wheel? ) Anyways for someone who has been to Africa your knowledge is poor. Here's a african sample world history lesson.

Nubia is not a fairy tale

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3348/...f8a062f35f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3539/...1f09e3f4cd.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3626/...03f108263c.jpg

------------------------
Swahili ruins

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/...5d6e6b5ba4.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2567/...2f09c9b5ef.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1374/...9c93caf23f.jpg

Sudano-Sahelian Architectural, from Ghana, Songhai and etc empires

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/...41fcb40a6b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2072/...f9d5b05a5d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3342/...59d4e49b38.jpg

-----------------------
Anyways China has more investment in African countries then the US, so i don't understand any American who argue to let China influence Africa to stay above the US.

China is largest foreign investor for this projected "eko Atlantic" in Lagos Nigeria, ironically Lagos and Atlanta are sister cities.
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af298/ONLY1GAR3TH/Untitled-24.jpg

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 AM

2,987 posts, read 4,825,951 times
These places have AMAZING Design made by hand. These are very historic places in Africa. Traditional mud huts aren't bad either and believe it or not they don't leak.

Historic Castles in Africa:

Historic Churches/Places:

Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 AM

714 posts, read 363,804 times
Quote:
Wow, I speak with a Southern accent now, huh? I'm from IOWA clown. See what happens when you ASSume? Well Billy Bob, we know that you're not driving a BMW or Mercedes. In fact, you're probably at the public library typing away your incendiary, hateful drivel. Well ladies and gents, gotta love mental midgets. .
Billy Bob here. At the office. Or am I on my Ipad from starbucks? Who cares, really. Actually, I recently sold my BMW and bought an Audi. So congrats on getting that one right!

PS: Who said you spoke with a southern accent? Not me. I used "ya'll" cause its what we do down here.

Quote:
It's funny how talking about Africa and African-Americans gets such a rise out of SOME white people. It's like it's scary thinking about blacks reconnecting with each other. Because that's what it is. In spite of slavery, the breaking up of hundreds of ethnic groups through the slave trade, the wiping away of languages, cultures, and religious beliefs; in spite of 250 years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, rapings, lynchings, state sponsored TERRORISM (because that's what all of the aforementioned acts were), and discrimnatory policies in jobs, housing (FHA loans were kept away from black veterans after WWII, and allowed white people to run away from darkening cities) welfare policy (you do know that the original welfare laws were strictly for white women like your aunts and grandmothers, correct?) and education, WE STILL EXIST, WE STILL RISE, WE ARE AMERICANS THROUGH AND THROUGH (The average African American can claim 15-20 generations on this land, while the average white person can claim just 2-7, and you want to check OUR credentials as Americans?) AND WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

My ancestors were here at the beginning - including a couple of governors, and even a DofI signer! They have fought and died in numerous of its wars. So my American creds are fine.LOL

The great black fantasy. If it wasnt for white racism, blacks would have equalled or surpassed us in economic, technological or organizational achievements. Meanwhile elsewhere in the world countries populated and/or run mostly by blacks continue to lag in just about every category. Facts are so much harder to deal with than myth, arent they?

Quote:

Beat it *******.

Is that a Michael Jackson quote?

Quote:
PS---I see that your username is Tigers84, so I assume that you're a Detroit fan. Please don't describe yourself as such, because I doubt that the African American greats in Tigers history would be too fond of your ilk. You're just a redneck.
You assume Im a Detroit Tigers fan....in Atlanta? WOW. FYI, Tigers is one of the more popular mascots used by colleges and high schools. Locally, Clemson and Auburn come to mind, although neither was my intended reference. Regardless, your assumption couldnt be MORE wrong.

As far as me being a "redneck", well that mods might have to weigh in on that one.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 AM

2,831 posts, read 2,481,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Guys - Compare to the average American, I have spent much time in Africa. Granted, not in Zimbabwe. Where I have been has been filled with wonderful people who are kind, sweet and caring. Don't judge a continent by a few countries. That is myopic and shortsighted.
I've spent time in Zimbabwe. Post-collapse Zimbabwe. Ordinary people were as nice as anywhere else in Africa.

Granted, we kept a low profile when ZANU-PF pickup trucks were around.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 AM

199 posts, read 44,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post

The great black fantasy. If it wasnt for white racism, blacks would have equalled or surpassed us in economic, technological or organizational achievements. Meanwhile elsewhere in the world countries populated and/or run mostly by blacks continue to lag in just about every category. Facts are so much harder to deal with than myth, arent they?

Yeah, the white race is the superior race of humanity. Groids can't comprehend this for obvious reasons. Aids and poverty rape their motherland and neighborhoods. The average low IQ in their gene pool is responsible and I am not sure why we let them reproduce in this country.

Last edited by Hobgob; 06-29-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 AM

714 posts, read 363,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Yeah, the white race is the superior race of humanity. Groids can't comprehend this for obvious reasons.
Hmmmm. Did I say that? No.

My point was that blaming white racism for blacks' shortcomings is just what it sounds like - a blatant untruth deployed as a PC excuse, and a way to avoid personal responsibility.

Why do you think Herman Cain is where he is? He gets it. Maybe you will, someday.....

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM

199 posts, read 44,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Hmmmm. Did I say that? No.

My point was that blaming white racism for blacks' shortcomings is just what it sounds like - a blatant untruth deployed as a PC excuse, and a way to avoid personal responsibility.

Why do you think Herman Cain is where he is? He gets it. Maybe you will, someday.....
Herman Cain is a tribute to his race. Don't you agree?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 AM

2,614 posts, read 3,759,643 times
Quote:
White ethnics (Italians, Slavs, Jews) weren't even considered "white" when they immigrated here, and were considered one step above a black person. Why do people think that immigration became a major issue only after 1965---well. there were (and are) obvious reasons that many Americans want immigration restrictions yet again...lol)? Because immigration restrictions were put into place by Congress and signed into law by President Coolidge in 1924, with the express purpose of restricting Eastern and Southern European immigration. The KKK was at its peak in the country, with roughly 3.5 million members (official, though there were millions more sympathizers), 80,000 resided in my home state of Iowa, and WASP America was tired of the darkening and Catholicizing of American society.

In fact, some historians argue that the idea of collective whiteness became firmly entrenched during WWII, when Anglo Saxons from Massachusetts fought alongside Irish and Italian boys from New York and Philadelphia. The unity of fighting alongside each other broke down religious and cultural barriers amongst European Americans.

What some people don't realize is that there's thing called CULTURE and that EVERYONE has it. Of course, there's bound to be everyday differences in food, lingo, religious beliefs, etc., and in some cases, it devolves into civil wars and genocides. But the best prescription for breaking down ignorance is through exposure to various cultures. Most Americans cannot even tell you who their neighbors are, nor the leaders of those nations (Canada: Stephen Harper; Mexico: Felipe Calderon), and yet we wonder why the Tea Party and FOX News are #1?

"Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it."
--George Santanaya
Well said. I tried to rep you. I have to spread it around.

Quote:
Black Supremacist...WOW. Do you know how pathetic your rants and raves to the sound sane minded of society? LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS!! SING IT NORTHWINDS!! LOL
LOL...

Quote:
The only unity that me and MisterNY have is racial. Otherwise, for all I know, he is an African-American of Carribean heritage who's a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant.
Just to correct you, I'm mixed. Father's from Grenada, mother is South African (Belgian/white). You're partially right. I do have Caribbean heritage though. I am a first Gen American (born in NY). Wife is 100% Caribbean Black. I'm exposed to both sides. I've seen and heard it all.

Northwinds does not faze me. I have relatives from S. Africa and Europe that tend to slip with that nonsense.

The real unity you, others and I have, is the disdain for dumb people like Northwinds . I agree with what's right, not just what's white or black. Northwinds failed to offer insightful responses. He brought us all on the defensive.

Again, I ask Northwinds and anyone like minded to show me any posts where they said anything positive, not just about blacks/latinos etc, but anything positive period (Anything of value or insightful). I have yet to see it. Nothing, Zilch, nada. I'm still waiting. Any thread about transportation, infrastructure, law, social issues that require solutions and an ounce of thought will not receive a post from him or BBC (watch this fool try to come back and play himself . Only a matter of time. Just wait).

Northwinds knows what he's doing. He comes to rile things up. We fall for it. And sadly the mods dont delete his stupid posts. Mods and admins don't ban him. To me, they give people like him a reason to be here. I'd ban him long ago. He'll of course keep coming, under a new name or some of his relatives will come here. He's like a flea.

Quote:
And you scream about "stereotypes"...lol. Let's see, he probably grew up in a rowhouse neighborhood (or a more modern home and neighborhood in the suburbs, though Queens is filled with houses from the postwar area), has lived in the ultimate melting pot, and I, by contrast, grew up in a "diverse" (relatively speaking) city of 100,000 with 12,000 blacks in a metro area (Quad Cities of IA/IL) of roughly 400,000 people of which roughly 25,000-30,000 are black. My neighborhoods and homes have been relatively diverse, in a largely white area (and very white state), and topographically hilly, and comprised of a brick apartment during my early years, a Victorian house during my youth, a split level duplex during my teenage years, and a 2-story home dating back to 1900 during my younger adult years.
Almost right. I grew up in Brooklyn Heights (Brownstone), in a fairly diverse neighborhood . Minutes from Manhattan, but you're right. . I have relatives and friends from all walks of life, to know better. I know, not all whites are racist, not all blacks are thugs. I can appreciate both sides, and offer criticism and praise to both, when necessary.

Exposure or lack thereof is what's wrong with people like Northwinds. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Northwinds and his goons are predictable, very predictable. Start a thread in a few minutes about something where a black person is at the center of the topic, they forget about the topic, and jump to attack all blacks. They'd get partial credit if they attacked the person in the thread, but they will attack all blacks. So predictable, it's sad. Just create a thread, and you'll see. It has to be about something black. If it's about how to improve Atlanta, where to find a realtor, where to eat, what can be done about some issue relating to Atlanta, he's absent. He goes from forum to forum to start things, then heads back home to The Stormfront where he lays his head, or sleep upside down. That sums in up for NW, and people like him.

Quote:
I have never taken a subway train, and there's a good chance that MisterNY has never visited Iowa. My point being, black people are DIVERSE, and there is not, and never has been, a monolith. BTW, many blacks were against the civil rights movement, and many so-called "black leaders" depised MLK. Again, keep up with your ASSumptions, because they are fun to dissect ( I am considering a law career, so my logical skills are being burnished...then again, this is too easy...LOL)
You're right. Well said. I couldn't agree more. I wish I could rep you.

Maybe someday I'll visit Iowa (It hasnt made it on my list of priorities).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta