Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:52 PM

714 posts, read 813,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Testa, the level of care is no issue in Africa. It can be costly for those that are below a certain income level. IMO, the care is better in pretty much any where outside the US. Healthcare is not viewed as a way to make money,
hospitals.
I'm sorry Bay Area, but this statement is really just too much. Healthcare is better "pretty much everywhere outside the US"? Really? I mean you really want to say that? People from all over the world travel to the US for the best medical care. Places such as MD Anderson, the Cleveland Clinic, John Hopkins, shepherd Spinal Center and so on.

Healthcare is not an issue in Africa? Don't we send hundreds of millions in AIDs drugs there every year?

Bayarea, I'm sorry to say it, but you are starting to sound suspiciously like your email scamming countrymen. At best, you clearly have an agenda. I'm out.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times
tigers84, yes people travel from all over the world to get care here (even Africans). Again, technology is the best here, care is not. That is a fact. Just ask Michael Douglas, he suspected he had cancer for years and for years the doctors told him it was nothing. He went to Canada and in less than 2 minutes the doctor was able to diagnos him with cancer. Doctors here are into making money and not caring for you and me. That is a fact. So yes care is better just about any where outside of the United States.

Now I sound suspicious and am a scammer. No, none of my countrymen are scam artist. Insulting me does nothing. You should work at having better communication skills so you can get your point across without insults.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
No matter what you post or you think, Ethiopia and other countries in Africa are growing and they aren't at all what you think they are like. The world needs Africa and it has no where else to go but up.
Er, that's exactly what I've said several times in this thread.

If you haven't caught that, you're obviously typing away without bothering to actually read my words. Sometimes when you're having a discussion, it's more productive to lay your agenda aside for a moment and listen to what the other party has actually said before "replying" to what you imagine they might have said.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
tigers84, yes people travel from all over the world to get care here (even Africans). Again, technology is the best here, care is not. That is a fact. Just ask Michael Douglas, he suspected he had cancer for years and for years the doctors told him it was nothing. He went to Canada and in less than 2 minutes the doctor was able to diagnos him with cancer. Doctors here are into making money and not caring for you and me. That is a fact. So yes care is better just about any where outside of the United States.

Now I sound suspicious and am a scammer. No, none of my countrymen are scam artist. Insulting me does nothing. You should work at having better communication skills so you can get your point across without insults.
Meanwhile, you have just viciously attacked and insulted the entire US medical system, and every doctor, nurse and medical / lab technician, as greedy, stupid and incompetent. I'm sure they appreciate your insightful comments.

What you say is most definitely not fact. It is your grossly biased opinion.

Where do you think the wonderful medical technology comes from? THE US! We develop it. And it's not cheap! So perhaps your noble countrymen, who are so busy providing great cheap medical care, and do not care about making money, should start caring so they can afford to purchase it instead of the greedy US having to donate it!

Ever heard of Doctors without Borders? The Smile Train? Isn't it terrible how these greedy, uncaring incompetent doctors from the US go around the world providing such horrible medical care? somebody should put a stop toi!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Tigers84, I've said over and over again that technology in this country ranks supreme. So you are just trying to argue with me. It is my opinion which I am entitlted to, is that this country lacks true care. Here they would rather collect health insurance money when you are young and when you are sick do nothing for you. If I insult anyone, I don't mean to that is how I feel. You may think hospitals elsewhere are cheap, that is fine you are entitled to think that way but they would do everything they can to save your life and or at least give you a proper diagnosis. In this country when it comes to healthcare you are just a number. That is not to say there aren't good doctor's here. But why did Obama have to sign into law that people with pre-exisiting conditions should still be seen and not dropped from insurance policies? When inmates get better care in jail in this country, when I pay for it here this makes NO SENSE.

Also, there are good doctors here. But the system is just bad and I don't like how doctors make millions but give you less care and they do have an elitess attitude. My family members that are doctors do understand where I am coming from.

Anyways, no place is perfect. Back on topic.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Tigers84, I've said over and over again that technology in this country ranks supreme. So you are just trying to argue with me. It is my opinion which I am entitlted to, is that this country lacks true care. Here they would rather collect health insurance money when you are young and when you are sick do nothing for you. If I insult anyone, I don't mean to that is how I feel. You may think hospitals elsewhere are cheap, that is fine you are entitled to think that way but they would do everything they can to save your life and or at least give you a proper diagnosis. In this country when it comes to healthcare you are just a number. That is not to say there aren't good doctor's here. But why did Obama have to sign into law that people with pre-exisiting conditions should still be seen and not dropped from insurance policies?

Also, there are good doctors here. But the system is just bad and I don't like how doctors make millions but give you less care and they do have an elitess attitude. My family members that are doctors do understand where I am coming from.

Anyways, no place is perfect.
Just so I understand. Doctors elsewhere are more caring, and want to provide a correct diagnosis. While here in the US, medical professionals are uncaring and either can't or don't want to provide correct diagnosis. Thank goodness we have such great technology. Thankfully, it falls from the sky right into our hospitals.

If you dont understand the issue with pre-existing conditions and insurance companies, find one of your more caring and less greedy countrymen and have them explain it. .

Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 PM

538 posts, read 926,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Meanwhile, you have just viciously attacked and insulted the entire US medical system, and every doctor, nurse and medical / lab technician, as greedy, stupid and incompetent. I'm sure they appreciate your insightful comments.

What you say is most definitely not fact. It is your grossly biased opinion.

Where do you think the wonderful medical technology comes from? THE US! We develop it. And it's not cheap! So perhaps your noble countrymen, who are so busy providing great cheap medical care, and do not care about making money, should start caring so they can afford to purchase it instead of the greedy US having to donate it!

Ever heard of Doctors without Borders? The Smile Train? Isn't it terrible how these greedy, uncaring incompetent doctors from the US go around the world providing such horrible medical care? somebody should put a stop toi!
@Tigers84: Thanks for hitting the proverbial nail on the head with regard to BayGirls silly, adolescent-like world view. Having just returned from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN I can attest that we have the best medical care in the world. People from all over the world fly into Rochester, MN, a town of about 150,000 people to get treatment at the Mayo Clinic. In BayGirl's warped world view these people are really flying into Harare, JoBurg, etc. to get treatment from really compassionate black doctors who care more than the evil white man in North America....its really comical......

Old 07-01-2011, 09:05 PM

arjay57, wasn't trying to argue with you and of course I got your message. Just disagreed with your UN facts. No worries.

tigers84, can you PLEASE come up with something more original. Or are you really Northwinds or one of his/her alias'? Insurance companies as I said is something Africa lacks. Technology is also lacking. What exactly is your point? You're getting all bent out of shape because I wrote that the care in this country is bad? Uhm, you disagree with me, that is more than fine. Not sure how you got that my countrymen are greedy from me not liking the level of care here. But whatever.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 PM

Northwinds, who said the white man was evil? You have a race problem. I can't hate people in my own family. Maybe you could but I can't. The difference between you and I is that I love all people and I don't need to make myself happy by seeing a group of people do bad nor do I have to wish for it.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
arjay57, wasn't trying to argue with you and of course I got your message. Just disagreed with your UN facts. No worries.

tigers84, can you PLEASE come up with something more original. Or are you really Northwinds or one of his/her alias'? Insurance companies as I said is something Africa lacks. Technology is also lacking. What exactly is your point? You're getting all bent out of shape because I wrote that the care in this country is bad? Uhm, you disagree with me, that is more than fine. Not sure how you got that my countrymen are greedy from me not liking the level of care here. But whatever.
Whatever indeed. Please work on your English reading comprehension before posting here again. it is quite poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta