Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 04:04 PM

3,699 posts, read 5,964,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Today's Wall Street Journal, page C14: "Private-Equity Firms Get Started on African Game Hunt". Among other things, it notes investor interest is rising, Sub-Saharan economic growth is forecast at 5.5% for this year, and investment into Africa funds has gone from under $2 billion in '05 to a projected $8 - $10 billion this year. It notes the risks, too: politics, enforcement of legal rights, weak infrastrure.
Africa is basically the epitome of high risk/high reward right now. It is almost assured that many markets in Africa will grow very rapidly in the coming decades. There are others that will languish or worse--unfortunately even a country as successful and modern as Zimbabwe can turn into outright disaster in short order.

At very, very least, the natural resources boom is going to boost Africa's foreign exchange for decades to come, and, as anyone who has been to Africa knows, it isn't a cheap place--premium goods get more than premium prices. The export opportunities alone are enormous. This alone seems like more than enough reason to get in on the ground floor.

Anything more (in the way of growing middle classes, basic employment industries, etc) is icing on the cake.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 PM

4,833 posts, read 6,076,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
There is no objection to improving connections with Africa. The objection is to the propaganda that Africa is some sort of economic powerhouse and thus should be a higher priority to Atlanta than Asia. It's simply part of the agenda the creator of this thread pushes at every opportunity in order to preserve Atlanta's fading image as a "black city."
This is what i'm talking about, this midset is so silly and off it's brilliant.
  • Guess what? most blacks don't a f*** if the city was to remain majority black, or to become majority white, majority Asian whatever. It not that freaking deep, this is what you care about. Something you always race baiting about. Again the white vs. black crap, there’s never a win win, You have a paradox blacks and whites are always in opposition and competing.
  • The majority of posters you have argue with are not even black there white, and you argue with them saying this isn’t about economics or Atlanta becoming more of a global city "why cause you say so" but there agenda “keep in mind white poster” is to keep the city majority black or worry about that. WTF. Then you argue against there economic projections to argue your projections and straw man the thread to insert your white vs. black paradox.
  • Then you base this premise to keep Atlanta majority black, there’s a addenda to reach to black Africans. Dude black Americans and black Africans are known not to get along well. Then Black Americans and black Africans have different cultures, that will be replacing black American culture with black African culture, not same ethnicity WTF. Your premise is so fail and silly.
------------------------------------------------------------

Quick review or fast summary!

1. You have race war mindset, blacks are generally evil and also you have a messiah complex.

2. Your arguing mainly with white posters, I guess they too are using the economic argument to hide a addenda to keep Atlanta black.

3. Everyone cares about the city remaining black it just so important and serious.

4. The idea or the addenda to fight and keep the city majority black American! is to reach out to black people with different cultures, and not domestic black Americans with black American culture. Yeah that it!

Again so silly and off it's brilliant.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM

199 posts, read 178,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
There is no objection to improving connections with Africa. The objection is to the propaganda that Africa is some sort of economic powerhouse and thus should be a higher priority to Atlanta than Asia. It's simply part of the agenda the creator of this thread pushes at every opportunity in order to preserve Atlanta's fading image as a "black city."

You really sound like grade A idiot to have supposedly graduated top of your class. The only similarities between a black person here and one from any country in Africa , assuming they are black ( because they all aren't) is the fact they have dark skin.

Last edited by Hobgob; 06-16-2011 at 05:49 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Box

382 posts, read 660,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
  • Guess what? most blacks don't a f*** if the city was to remain majority black, or to become majority white, majority Asian whatever. It not that freaking deep, this is what you care about. Something you always race baiting about. Again the white vs. black crap, there’s never a win win, You have a paradox blacks and whites are always in opposition and competing.
  • The majority of posters you have argue with are not even black there white, and you argue with them saying this isn’t about economics or Atlanta becoming more of a global city "why cause you say so" but there agenda “keep in mind white poster” is to keep the city majority black or worry about that. WTF. Then you argue against there economic projections to argue your projections and straw man the thread to insert your white vs. black paradox.
  • Then you base this premise to keep Atlanta majority black, there’s a addenda to reach to black Africans. Dude black Americans and black Africans are known not to get along well. Then Black Americans and black Africans have different cultures, that will be replacing black American culture with black African culture, not same ethnicity WTF. Your premise is so fail and silly.

1. You have race war mindset, blacks are generally evil and also you have a messiah complex.

2. Your arguing mainly with white posters, I guess they too are using the economic argument to hide a addenda to keep Atlanta black.

3. Everyone cares about the city remaining black it just so important and serious.

4. The idea or the addenda to fight and keep the city majority black American! is to reach out to black people with different cultures, and not domestic black Americans with black American culture. Yeah that it!

Well this guy pretty much said what needs to be said.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,673,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Today's Wall Street Journal, page C14: "Private-Equity Firms Get Started on African Game Hunt". Among other things, it notes investor interest is rising, Sub-Saharan economic growth is forecast at 5.5% for this year, and investment into Africa funds has gone from under $2 billion in '05 to a projected $8 - $10 billion this year. It notes the risks, too: politics, enforcement of legal rights, weak infrastructure.
Thanks for that link, Ansley.

It looks like a lot of rapacious parties are lining up to get a another slice of Africa's resources. That includes the usual suspects, but this time the Chinese and the Russians are in the hunt in a very big way as well. It hasn't helped that historically many African leaders have been more than willing to throw their countrymen under the bus for the sake of vast personal gain.

I sincerely hope we don't have a replay of past African incursions. Is there anyone really capable of monitoring or managing what happens? Or will it be another big free-for-all?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 PM

10,739 posts, read 13,333,084 times
Probably another free for all, sadly. That's generally what happens when the wealthy exploit the poor, I'm afraid. But eventually, it'll come back to bite the exploiters in the tail.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:39 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,673,317 times
Indeed.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:55 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,101,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The only person pushin' an agenda is you.
The sole purpose for the creation of this thread was to push your agenda. I have been interacting with you on this site long enough to know that you would NEVER create a thread if the article was about China or Germany or any country that wasn't tied to Afrocentricity. I don't think you realize how thinly-veiled your agenda really is.

Quote:
And stop trying to use Asia/Asians as a ploy to cover up your racism.
Nice try. My references to "Asia" in this thread describes an economic bloc, not a race. It is almost common sense that the 21st century will belong to Asian economies, specifically China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Vietnam.

Next Eleven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BRIC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post

Do not butcher my argument with your pathetic attempt at thought-provoking analysis.

Oh yeah, you may want to look up the definition of "addenda." It is not synonymous with "agenda." Wow.

Last edited by BringBackCobain; 06-16-2011 at 10:21 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
This dummy hasn't left Buckhead, let alone GA. At this point, you have to pity the ignorant.
I have lived in Washington, D.C.; Oxford, Oxfordshire, U.K.; and Portland, OR. I love how you think you know so much about me.

Quote:
LOL. Never a dull day with that dude. He purposely comes on threads (especially if it's something positive about a black person/topic) to troll. . I'm surprised the 3 other idiots have yet to chyme in. Only a matter of time.
No. I post to provide a reality check to those who know nothing of what they speak of and to counterweight the agenda pushed by certain posters.

Quote:
More like summ(one) Came on you . No matter how many degrees one possesses, it wont erase ignorance and stupidity. You clearly prove it.
Wow, so mature of you. Very classy as well.

Quote:
Are you sure? Your reputation is based on you never thinking before you post. You are notorious for that. I can point you to numerous threads on C/D where your feet met your mouth. Come on dude!!! That's your trademark.
I only speak of what I am knowledgeable of, which is a lot, if I may say so myself. My I.Q. is above average. Why should I dumb it down just so you can comprehend my arguments and not be so confused by them that you mistakenly label them inaccurate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta