U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:03 PM

880 posts, read 2,491,384 times

Advertisements

I would be cautious of certain parts of College Park and East Point as well. The Washington Road area of East Point is mainly low end apartments with some crime issues and I would stay away from the Clayton County part of College Park. Otherwise, resolute is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 11,423 times
i live clay-co and its horrible. theres over seventy different gangs such as bloods, crips, pirus, gd, vl, lk, murk mob, and many many more. if u dont want your children to be in the position to get caught up in gang activity and drugs dont move here.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 12,000 times
Default riverdale ga

i loved growing up in riverdale. there is a neighborhood called bluestone? behind the recreation center and the texaco. you can actually turn into it off of church street. we used to walk to the skate ring as kids from the school. there were lots of sidewalks. it was racially diverse when i was there from 77-89. i went to church st elementary school. i didn't experience racism until we moved to south ga. that said, atlanta has changed. some of my family moved into "old atlanta" off of howell mill rd area. very nice neighborhood. good schools. however, it is not cheap. there are some friends of his that have moved into some areas of east point that are in the midst of "bringing east point back" (renovating homes, etc.) and it is also very close to atlanta. the traffic there is horrendous. if you must commute, try to stay near a marta pickup/terminal. some of my family lived in doraville for a long time and it was nice. their daughter went to clarkston. it seemed like a nice school. (of course that was in the 80s)

Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 9,664 times
Default Clayton county

Hi i have lived in clayton county fo r many years i have recntly have gotten kicked out of the county because i wasin troduce to the gang live there and i would advise if you have kid s do not move there

Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 9,664 times
Default riverdale

More ad vise you see i'm part of the youth or was a part of the youth there and it is not a safe place to be if you in between the ages of 13-19
i'm 16 i got kicked of at the age of 14 because of the gangs in clayon county mostly in riverdale. i mean i know riverdale is the place that i was born but it is not a safe place for the youth

Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,142,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice#1 View Post
I don't agree with you!I myself have a section 8 certificates and I live in
cleve,oh,I take my living very serious.I keep my yard clean,I fix the things
that go bad,and I never had problems with my landlord,Because people live
a certain way don't make bad people,"it's not where you live" it's how you
live".No disrespect" but as long as there's people out there talking down on
one another, I don't know about other people but it make's me stronger.I plan to move to atlanta to raise my kids,and no matter how much those countyies are being down size the big picture is this:"do you " live life to it's
fullest,every where you go ain't safe but you don't live for people you live
for yourself.
How do you live life to the fullest when you are surrounded by thugs and criminals? How does that work?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM

7,848 posts, read 17,984,184 times
First of all, Riverdale is not a neighborhood...it's a city/town of 15,000 with many different neighborhoods within its boundaries - some good ones, some not-so-good ones. You really can't judge the entire city as one big neighborhood.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,142,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
First of all, Riverdale is not a neighborhood...it's a city/town of 15,000 with many different neighborhoods within its boundaries - some good ones, some not-so-good ones. You really can't judge the entire city as one big neighborhood.
Thats what I was thinking. I live in College Park/Riverdale, I dislike it, but not for the reasons mentioned. Maybe its a black thing why people don't like it.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,696 times
Yes this place is very spread out. A car is necessary for commute. The job situation has been a grim one for those who are looking. The school system is trying to improve, but to be honest clayton county lost their accreditation and that does not look very good. I have my children in the public school system in clayton county but I do not completely rely on their schooling. I tutor my children with extra information because I know the curriculum is not competitive with states up north. The crime in Riverdale and Jonesboro has definitely gone up since I moved here, but are some hidden treasures that are looking to be found. In all honesty, I would suggest a visit for your own observation. Best Wishes on your search.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,097 times
im tired of people say marietta and cobb county are so safe and expensive houses. you know how dangerous some parts are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or