Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:31 AM

528 posts, read 1,283,379 times

Advertisements

Onion rings and fried peach pie!! It was neat walking around downtown!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 AM

Default Ps tha ms testa and Ansley we will definitely go for the chili dog

Oops that was supposed to say thanks testa and Ansley!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,770,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvidal View Post

Hi there... we are heading out in 2 weeks to do the same... any inside tips now that you have been there? What areas did you see houses in and what did you think of them?
We are planning on just driving around on our own... and trying to narrow down a neighborhood we can focus on. Do think that's a good idea or are we just going to get lost driving ?????
Best luck and I am sure you are just hapy to get away from SNOW !!!!!!
Tell us a bit about what you are looking for - check out the sticky threads above and we will be happy to give you some idea of neighborhoods to look around.

I love that Atlanta has so many different types of neighborhoods that there is something for everyone to like but if you don't know where to start and you stick too close to the main roads you will drive right by and not even notice them. The key to start is knowing where you will be working and what is your budget.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post

Oops that was supposed to say thanks testa and Ansley!
The grease from the onion rings makes typing a bit trying at times!!!!! Glad you enjoyed.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,303 times
Mellow Mushroom pizza is diagonally across from World of Coke next to the E&Y building. Literally like a block or two...great pizza and that location has a cool decor.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:06 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,354,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
Mellow Mushroom pizza is diagonally across from World of Coke next to the E&Y building. Literally like a block or two...great pizza and that location has a cool decor.
And a great patio! (I work right across the street)

Old 06-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Default Hi my city data peeps! Just finished eating my chili dog and onion rings

at the Varsity and boy were they good! I just realized with much disappointment that we forgot about the fried peach pie but hubby said we'll get it next time. Darn! We were so worried about getting on the interstate that we rushed!! Just went to ga aquarium today. Must say thought it was a bit of a yawner but can cross it off our list of tourist attractions. I just couldn't stomach paying another $40 for the dolphin show or shell out any money for the movie. I mean what the heck? $92 admission for my family of four wasn't enough? Jeez! Thanks again for all the feedback. There's nothing like getting the low down from the locals!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:53 PM

249 posts, read 649,919 times
Default Sounds like you had a blast !

I was online looking at all the touristy things we will try to take in. Do you guys recommend getting that city pass thing?
seems like it saves some money.... 92.00 bucks for the aquarium??? Geez i thought Jersey was $$$.
@ LoriLove - we are looking for suburbs but yet still close to the city. budget will prob be upto 150-175k. Schools not a huge factor we are doing private Christian school. Maybe suwanne, dunwoody or buford.... not sure... gotta go drive around and see what appeals to us. I work from home, but my hubby will prob need to job hunt close to where ever we end up living... can't really wait for him to find work to find a place to live.
@livingin buffulo can I get the name and number of your realtor ?????
thanks guys

Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 PM

668 posts, read 993,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvidal View Post
92.00 bucks for the aquarium??? Geez i thought Jersey was $$$.
Unless you never plan on coming back, always buy an annual family pass instead of individual one day tickets. It's only about $15-20 more, and all you have to do is go back one more time over the next year and it has paid off. Not only do you also get discounts in the cafeteria and parking deck, but you also won't feel so bad one day when your kids demand on leaving after only 45 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta