Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Do you think Atlanta is as fast as DC? Many people consider DC the second fastest American city second only to New York City itself. In your opinion, what do you think makes Atlanta fast compared to DC? I would think the lack pedestrian vibrancy around the city, density, and lack of extensive transit network/ridership especially separates them a huge amount. Just interested in your definition or characteristics of speed for a city?
Imho, I don't believe anyone would think the pace of life for Atlanta is on par with DC outside of this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM

83 posts, read 149,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galounger View Post
man fly. Who peed in your corn flakes? You're usually pretty positive about the a. Bad week at work?
lol!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable!
BRO...you are like quoting me again. Dont Quote me BRO!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Quote:
Do you think Atlanta is as fast as DC?
Meh.

Quote:
Many people consider DC the second fastest American city second only to New York City itself.
If by many people you mean yourself, then that would be true. In the rest of the country, I have never heard that.

Quote:
In your opinion, what do you think makes Atlanta fast compared to DC?
Who cares.

Quote:
I would think the lack pedestrian vibrancy around the city, density, and lack of extensive transit network/ridership especially separates them a huge amount.
Subjective and not at all correct. Atlanta is a mixed bag, some areas do all of those things. The funny thing is that you act as if all of DC is busy at all times of the day. Like a mini Manhattan or something. LOL.

As our many encounters on C-D show you not interested in understanding this and have some sort of obsession with making sure people know that DC is better than Atlanta (as if that will change anything outside the confines of this message board)

Just walk away dude.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:05 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Imho, I don't believe anyone would think the pace of life for Atlanta is on par with DC outside of this forum.
How would you know being from Memphis what Atlantans think, or more to the point, what Atlanta is like?

Geez, I so tired of these arm chair experts on cities they spent a day in. SMH.

Anyway, what I always find funny about Atlanta's detractors is that they always feel need to throw in a "haha, they don't know what people outside Atlanta think about Atlanta" or "They think they are big/fast/urban/{insert straw man here} city". And, best of all, this need to "put Atlanta it's place". Here's the thing folks:

1. We don't care.

2. We really, don't care.

3. Take your energy and ideas elsewhere. Perhaps, focus them on your own city.

Last edited by waronxmas; 07-01-2011 at 09:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missimplicity View Post
There are people like that everywhere! LOL! I'm really starting to think you are...different.
I dont play games when it comes to money, so yea Im different. I dont like lazy people, or male wimps, if you do fine. I dont. Grown men crying like women is not something I am a fan of, especially us black men. Either you are a broken person or a normal person in my book. This city just seems to have a lot of broken or bad people in it. There are normal people, but again most of them here in Atlanta are either broken or bad. Its a cold world, either you adapt or freeze. Call me different, odd, sociopath, cold, mean spirited, *******, jerk...heard it all before here, but one thing you can't call me is a liar. You asked a question and I ANSWERED IT. I never quoted anyone else opinion because those opinions don't mean a hill of beans, I was responding TO YOU.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Meh.

If by many people you mean yourself, then that would be true. In the rest of the country, I have never heard that.

Who cares.

Subjective and not at all correct. Atlanta is a mixed bag, some areas do all of those things. The funny thing is that you act as if all of DC is busy at all times of the day. Like a mini Manhattan or something. LOL.

As our many encounters on C-D show you not interested in understanding this and have some sort of obsession with making sure people know that DC is better than Atlanta (as if that will change anything outside the confines of this message board)

Just walk away dude.
Actually, we never talked about pace of life. Every conversation we had talked about build environment, density. Everyone has different criteria for what they consider fast or slow so I actually was interested to hear what you considered in your criteria for the speed of a city. I mean really, what exactly do people think about when talking about pace of a city? It's not like it's cut and dry like built environment or density whatever. Pace of a city is subjective. There really isn't a set of facts you can analyze for it. We were pretty cool and respectful during our discussion's before I thought. I really was interested in your thoughts on it to be honest.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
How would you know being from Memphis what Atlantans think, or more to the point, what Atlanta is like?

Geez, I so tired of these arm chair experts on cities they spent a day in. SMH.

Anyway, what I always find funny about Atlanta's detractors is that they always feel need to throw in a "haha, they don't know what people outside Atlanta think about Atlanta" or "They think they are big/fast/urban/{insert straw man here} city". And, best of all, this need to "put Atlanta it's place". Here's the thing folks:

1. We don't care.

2. We really, don't care.

3. Take your energy and ideas elsewhere. Perhaps, focus them on your own city.
LOL! You silly.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:39 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I dont play games when it comes to money, so yea Im different. I dont like lazy people, or male wimps, if you do fine. I dont. Grown men crying like women is not something I am a fan of, especially us black men. Either you are a broken person or a normal person in my book. This city just seems to have a lot of broken or bad people in it. There are normal people, but again most of them here in Atlanta are either broken or bad. Its a cold world, either you adapt or freeze. Call me different, odd, sociopath, cold, mean spirited, *******, jerk...heard it all before here, but one thing you can't call me is a liar. You asked a question and I ANSWERED IT. I never quoted anyone else opinion because those opinions don't mean a hill of beans, I was responding TO YOU.
This is all YOUR very subjective opinion, and in no way reflects the reality of most of us that live, work and interact with others here.

"Most of them here in Atlanta are broken or bad people" is beyond delusional, and I'm really, really sorry that this seems to be the reality you live in.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,962 times
Wow!

You must be a real joy to be around at the office Christmas parties.

One thing's for sure though...No one will ever accuse you of being an optimist.

Not around here, anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta