Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacnwbound View Post
So there have been 10 shootings in the past 24hrs.

Eddie longs accuser has been arrested on charges of drugs and gun possession. Charges against the good Bentley driving, million dollar mansion having minister Eddie were dropped a few months ago of course...nothing fishy there

Earlier this year, when I lived there my neighbor was robbed and his gun(s) stolen...he was a minister, growing up I don't remember my priest having guns but I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he did seem to be a decent guy.

My other neighbor, a women got in a fist fight with a crazy pedophile while waiting to put her son on the bus for school one morning. I asked her why are your hands all bruised up and bloody...never expected that answer

Smash and grabs are happening almost on a daily basis. They are happening in neighborhoods that are considered good. ie Virginia Highland,my old neighborhood or the Smyrna suburbs where the neghborhood sportsbar lost 20 flat screens in less than five minutes

Two schools systems in the metro are losing their accreditation. Or already have... Clayton and Atlanta public schools. That is insane to think they could let the situation get to be front page news. what an embarrassment to the city

When will the city leaders take a stand and get this situation under control? Oh ya and they are furloughing cops this holiday weekend. These issues effect the quality of life for everyone.
My uncle just got me a bullet proof vest, I try my best to avoid the criminals here, but it a real tricky situation. Its more of them than me, plus a lot of them have a lot of half brothers & half cousins to assist them, so just keep your head up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 PM

88 posts, read 198,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Excuse me? You already did that with your initial post. What exactly are you attempting to say here?

This entire thread smacks of yet another way to bash Atlanta, but this time with "supposedly subtle" code words. Just what are your intentions here, and what is your agenda?
I am not going down this road with you...take it somewhere else. I am talking about parks, schools and crime in metro Atlanta and how it relates to the city leaders and budget cuts . thats it. Also, how do you improve a city without talking about the issues? Is that bashing? If so then I am guilty I guess

Old 07-01-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleoas View Post
Wrong question. You should ask what is wrong with the people of Atlanta?

Just look at the responses you've gotten. Folks in Atlanta like it how it is.
In the ATL we gotz to KEEP IT REAL Shawty!!! Killing is cool, shooting is cool, rape is cool, stealing is cool. Ruining the lives of hard working normal people is Cool in the ATL SHAWTY, but hey, they do have a busy airport.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
This is a dumb question but I was thinking about it the other day while coming back from Chattanooga. I wonder if a tall girl is considered a shawty? If not, what do you call her?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
The problem with crime lies in PARENTING. We've got to break Atlanta's long-standing culture of the war between the "have and the have-nots".

Copper thefts, ac unit thefts, smash and grabs... I don't understand how children continue to be raised to do these things to their neighbors.

The next time thugs get caught for assaulting someone on MARTA (like those Delta employees), I would love for the reporter to go straight to the suspect's parents and hold them accountable.
Really man?? Really? Ok so wild black kid attacks random person on train system and you want wild black kids parents to be confronted? Ha ha ha ha kids are who their parents are. People are who their parents were. The cycle of bad people will forever continue. Bad people do things because their is no shame, no discipline, no respect for others. We live in a society now where is if a child gets into confrontation with a teacher, the hood rat parents go to get into it with the teacher instead of working with the teacher. The government is trying to get rid of these low class people, but the process is way too slow. Only a biblical plaque could remove them from the face of the earth.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:50 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Really man?? Really? Ok so wild black kid attacks random person on train system and you want wild black kids parents to be confronted? Ha ha ha ha kids are who their parents are. People are who their parents were.
Once again, you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

A lack of parental guidance is NOT the same as children becoming what their parents are.

It's true I see: empty wagons do indeed make the most noise.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 AM

88 posts, read 198,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
The shooting article is two months old (May 10th). 2 of your total 4 articles are about school accreditation and it has been discussed to death. There are some great schools in APS and some not so great schools, the accreditation issue has more to do with the administration than the schools themselves. APS being in the lowest 10% of the country is another made up statistic I fear.
The arts budget was reinstated so I'm not sure why you brought that up or how this thread has any continuity whatsoever.

I am standing by my post regarding the Atlanta Public School System being among the worst in the country. The corruption and the lying went all the way to the top of the organization. How do the city leaders let this go on for more than 10 years. Just business as usual in Atlanta

Gov: “there will be consequences” for APS educators who cheated *| ajc.com

Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
What's funny is Chicago had 35 shootings and they r trying to keep it on the hush in the Chicago forum

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
For again with the race bs, this thread is not about race. ................ also Atlanta is the worst city in US bs. Something tells me most posters have never been to DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St Louis, Dallas, FT Worth, New Orleans, Memphis, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Charlotte, LA and etc and etc.

FLyiMetro you love to boast Miami over Atlanta, and the main way you bash Atlanta is the crime rate, thugs thugs thugs huh? ironically Miami has a much higher crime rate, especially murder. Here in Atlanta you need a vest you say, but Miami is just sun shine isn't? ugh the silliness
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
What's funny is Chicago had 35 shootings and they r trying to keep it on the hush in the Chicago forum
NO, here in the Atlanta fourms we just have posters trying to make Atlanta out to be the worst city in America, regardless that is in the middle of the pack, so every little incident will be up brought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This is a dumb question but I was thinking about it the other day while coming back from Chattanooga. I wonder if a tall girl is considered a shawty? If not, what do you call her?
Shawty ) LAMO

Last edited by chiatldal; 07-05-2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,378 times
I thought they were able to restore the park and rec budget cuts now that they passed the pension reform???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta