Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 04:42 AM

513 posts, read 1,632,069 times

Advertisements

This seems like an odd request, but does anyone know of a fireworks show in the Atlanta area that takes place on any day around the 4th of July? I seem to recall some towns doing this on the 3rd, but that could have had something to do with the weather or a more desirable day of the week. Not sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 04:58 AM

198 posts, read 421,899 times
stone mountain park does fireworks after the laser show july 2 thru 4th.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:59 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,659,327 times
Norcross is the 3rd.

Welcome to City of Norcross

Old 07-02-2011, 06:13 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post

This seems like an odd request, but does anyone know of a fireworks show in the Atlanta area that takes place on any day around the 4th of July? I seem to recall some towns doing this on the 3rd, but that could have had something to do with the weather or a more desirable day of the week. Not sure!

Quite a few folks here on City Data live in north metro Atlanta. And in many areas not considered part of the metro area.

Many times I've attended the fireworks display at Lenox Mall which is spectacular. No doubt about it. But it is a bit of a drive with high gas prices if you don't live ITP.

And the Buckhead traffic congestion, with warmer temperatures due to the concrete heat radidation, can make the event a little less fun. Especially if temperatures are on the hot side.

Several times I've attended the fireworks display at Chateau Elan. It's a smaller fireworks display than Lenox for sure, but it's pretty darn nice. And the scenery up there is a nice bonus on the Chateau Elan grounds.

I just checked the Internet. Chateau Elan is having a fireworks display for their private guests on July 3rd. However I'm not sure as to whether a fireworks display is scheduled on July 4th for the general public. I assume one is scheduled but I don't know.

Whatever varous fireworks display are on your list, due consider Chateau Elan. But do check the dates and times.

Last edited by Zel Ya; 07-02-2011 at 06:22 AM..

Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM

513 posts, read 1,632,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
Norcross is the 3rd.

Welcome to City of Norcross
Thanks much! I don't know why they do it on the 3rd, but that might be our ticket (got called into work on the 4th).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta