Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 4,575 times

Advertisements

Hello all. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am a young professional (late 20s) moving to Atlanta and working in the Buckhead area. I am looking for a quiet apartment complex within about a 10-minute driving range of Buckhead (so Buckhead, Brookhaven, and parts of Midtown, I believe). I'll be living in this place for approximately 1 year before I get married and look for something else.

I'd really like to keep my rent under $1200. As I'll be working long hours and traveling some, I don't need something extremely nice. In other words, price matters more to me than niceness, but I do want to get the most niceness for my buck.

I've found the three following complexes:

The Goodwynn: [url=http://www.thegoodwynn.com/][/url]
Clifton Apartments: [url=http://www.cliftonapts.com/][/url]
Lenox Hills: [url=http://www.lenoxhillsatlanta.com/][/url]

Does anyone have any direct, personal experience with any of these three complexes? Alternatively, does anyone have any other recommendations that fit my budget?

Thanks very much in advance. I'll be moving from far away and have virtually zero time to travel to Atlanta before making a decision. This thread, if all goes as planned, will be of tremendous help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,767,398 times
You can find an apartment in Buckhead for that price. Stay close to work. There are a lot of restaurants and bars in Buckhead Village.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM

3,697 posts, read 5,955,841 times
Try to live within close walking distance of a Marta station. It's far and away the cheapest and easiest way to get to the airport. Midtown, Arts Center, Lindbergh, Buckhead, Brookhaven, and Lenox would all work very well.

Also, your budget is fine. $1,200 will buy you options in any neighborhood, although really nice 1/1s will cost more. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM

cqholt and testa,

Thank you both for the responses. Is $1,200 too generous? Can I get by on $1,100 or even $1,000? As I said, this will essentially be a place for me to crash at night. It's not something I need to be extremely nice.

I do want to stay as close to work as possible, so let's start with something actually in Buckhead - do either of you have any specific recommendations as to a nice place to stay in the area for the above mentioned budget? Being close to Marta is also a major bonus. If I could walk to it, that would be huge, but now I'm getting awfully ambitious.

The reason I ask for specific recommendations is that anyone can make an apartment look nice on a website with touch-ups and exagerrated descriptions - personal recommendations go a long way for someone trying to make a long distance decision.

Thanks again.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM

Go to Promove on Peachtree Road with this info. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Promo...30305&t=m&z=17. They are the best at helping you with find apartments and its free!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:59 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,833,305 times
As someone that used to live and work in Buckhead, you should consider finding a place that you can walk to work from. Just because you can spend 10 mins just trying to get through one light during rush hour. If you live close you have the option to walk and you can then maximize your limited time. I lived in "Alexan Lenox" about a mile from my office and would walk most days because it was quicker than driving (Though I was mostly traveling so being across from the MARTA station was even more of a priority to allow quick access to the airport). I am not exactly sure where your office is but you should be able to find something next to it in your budget.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 AM

The Alexan Lenox looks pretty nice, is close to my office (under 2 miles), and the proximity to MARTA is a nice bonus.

Anything in particular you disliked about the place?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,833,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaton View Post
The Alexan Lenox looks pretty nice, is close to my office (under 2 miles), and the proximity to MARTA is a nice bonus.

Nothing really stood out as overly amazing or terrible. It was a nice place and good all and all. Of course this was almost five years ago now so things could have changed. Not sure what you like to do for fun, but the Buckhead bar district is not as close to it as I would have liked (you will probably have to take a cab). But you are next to Lenox Mall. Also traffic on Lenox and Peachtree can be particularly bad, so in my case it was quicker to walk to my office which was on Peachtree just south of Lenox mall.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:

Looked at that place, it was quit impressive and a great location. There is a free BUC shuttle stop at Atlanta Plaza, Piedmont – Lenox Line « Bucride that will take you to Peachtree road.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM

I should be going to bars infrequently enough that a cab ride won't matter.

Thanks very much for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: