U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 PM

76 posts, read 137,953 times

Advertisements

We moved from ATL to NC where there is no Publix...........NOBODY has customer service like Publix......Harris Teeter is the best we have here and they are a step above Kroger at best......the Publix I went too had the same people working for it (for the most part) in 2000 as it did in 2010 when I moved.....raeduleca I am sorry for rude and stupid customers you have to deal with but Publix always always rocked it when it comes to customer service and coupons. Move to state without a Publix and you will see the light...........shop the BOGOs, sales and use coupons and Publix will win you over every single time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 AM

2,124 posts, read 3,396,445 times
There are a couple of food lions in newnan.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 AM

262 posts, read 521,457 times
I'm a couponer. Not extreme , usually the kind that has about 10 not-expired coupons and uses a debit card. Anyway, I study the sales ads and try to pick one store every week. We go to Kroger about half the time and Publix half the time. Some weeks we go to both so we can take advantage of the sales. Overall I think their prices are pretty similar if you are a careful shopper.

Most people I know prefer Publix because they perceive it as nice, more "high end" (that's silly to me, I find the most Krogers have a similar selection and sometimes they have things Publix doesn't have), and Publix has better customer service. I don't really care because the experiences aren't so strikingly different that I would be willing to ignore good sales at Kroger just for the experience at Publix.

That being said, one Saturday morning I got up early and went to Publix at 8am, then headed to Kroger. I noticed that in Publix everyone said a polite hello (I appreciated it even though I am not a morning person) and they were generally nice and helpful. No surprise since I expect this from Publix. Then I went to Kroger. It was about 9:30 by then and the store was starting to fill up, but people were still stocking the shelves (which was fine). Several times I had to politely excuse myself to get around an employee, who at best ignored my presence completely and at worst grunted at me. In fact, one employee said something rude to me about how I must think I was the only person in the store. I was baffled by this because the woman came off as kind of unstable, and I really went out of my way to wait for her to finish what I was doing and say "excuse me" as I walked past. The aisles were pretty crowded by then. Either she insulted me for a minor thing that I don't even think I did, or else she was ranting out loud to herself. Creepy.

Then I got to the check out. The cashier was nice but chatting with another employee the whole time. She complained that she didn't want to work her shift and she was too old to be standing on her feet all day. The attitudes of the employees at Kroger were a HUGE contrast to what I had just experienced at Publix.

Since then I have been back to both stores, and the last time I was at Kroger I had a totally different cashier who complaining about not wanting to work because it was late and she was tired. There's also a particular cashier my husband and I have both seen who is sometimes nice and sometimes seems unstable. He has wild mood swings and gets angry and starts ranting at the other employees.

Today at Publix I was buying $40 of groceries and realized I left my credit card at home. The cashier rang them up without my card and bagged them and held them for me when I ran home and got my card so I didn't have to go through the line for me. This went WELL above and beyond my expectations. I would never ask for that level of service, yet it was so nice and helpful.

So, Publix wins for me. I'll still go to Kroger for sale items, but I'm starting to get what the Publix snobs have been saying all along.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:02 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,990,503 times
Publix's store brand cookies and crackers still have trans fats in them, totally unecessary. Publix is quite pricey, and I've watched my staples go up in price every couple of months.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 707 times
I was so glad when Publix came to GA after having grown up with them in FL. When you are used to such nice, clean, well-stocked stores, it may buying groceries at other stores a chore. I was so thrilled when Publix opened their new greenwise store in Brookhaven Station where I was living. I had gone into the Kroger on Peachtree twice for an urgent one item need and was repulsed by the smell of rotten fish around the check out and service counter area!! I left without a purchase once. On the other hand, I have just moved to the Perimeter mall area and the Publix on Hammond kind of creeps me out. The new Ingles in Blairsville could beat out pretty much any Publix I've been into. Overall, I'm a BIG Publix fan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta