Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 AM

631 posts, read 1,093,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
As it turns out, I didn't clear anything up. I just made a mess of it. Stupid memory!
HAHAHA! No worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:30 AM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
I could never leave anything in it -- including CDs, pocket change, chargers, nothing of any value. Tell me how many folks are OK with taking EVERYTHING out of their car every time they park it. The burden should be on the criminal, not on the owner.
Well, I agree, the burden should be on the thief, not the owner. I'm just saying in practical terms leaving the car unlocked should make you less vulnerable to damage. If a thief wants to get in and look around and see if you have anything worth taking, why would he break a window if he can simply open the door?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
OMG I was on MARTA last night and it was full of thieves carrying electronics from Buckhead.
Get Serious. You know damn well cars were involved, not trains. That MARTA argument is so tired.
Yes and It needs to be put to rest

Old 07-20-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Marta brought the criminal element to Buckhead from the South side of town. As predicted.
How do you know they came from the southside?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saan View Post
im waiting for the 1rst comment to say , "its because grta runs xpress buses during rush hrs, why the counties you listed have crime now" lol

lmao!!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
The topic is not about MARTA or how MARTA may or may not bring crime into an area. The topic is simply about the large number of car break-ins in a given area.

That being said, last year there was one night in West Cobb where 45+ cars were broken into in a matter of hours. More than half of them were unlocked. Most of them contained items like laptops, cell phones, iPods, iPads, and more - including at least one GUN, in an unlocked car. There are lessons to be learned about it for car owners.
(1) Always lock your car. Even in your garage.

(2) Don't leave stuff in your car that you don't want stolen. Maybe in the trunk, but certainly not in visible areas of the passenger compartment.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post

(2) Don't leave stuff in your car that you don't want stolen. Maybe in the trunk, but certainly not in visible areas of the passenger compartment.
This is common sense.....I dont understand why people leaving things in plain view! I have a family member that leaves her gps in all the time. So far her car hasnt been broken into. But still......

Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post

Even the trunk isn't safe anymore. Most cars have a trunk lever and/or back seats that fold down, so once someone is in your car, they have access to your trunk.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 PM

283 posts, read 375,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Even the trunk isn't safe anymore. Most cars have a trunk lever and/or back seats that fold down, so once someone is in your car, they have access to your trunk.
True. But at least you can disable the trunk lever on some cars. I've owned one where it was connected to a separate lock tumbler, and you used the ignition key to lock it out, and another where the override was in the glove box.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
True. But at least you can disable the trunk lever on some cars. I've owned one where it was connected to a separate lock tumbler, and you used the ignition key to lock it out, and another where the override was in the glove box.
Interesting. I never knew that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta