Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
This comment really makes my blood flow. If Jesus was such a huge lib, what would he think about the 40 million plus babies that have been killed since Roe v. Wade? That is larger than the entire population of Spain. I often wonder what would the world be like if all those people had allowed to be born.

You know how you are afraid of black people because they are supposedly more inclined to commit crimes and you know how you are scared of certain neighborhoods and parts of town because of crime. Well, if abortion was illegal imagine the crime and black people we have now multiplied to the power of at least 20 because people would have kids they neglected/did not want or was not ready to raise.

Quote:
No, you are not. Perhaps a fiscally conservative liberal did exist at one time, but that ended with the presidency of JFK. The two can no longer be seperated, as has been proven again and again. 21st century progressives desire communism. Only when the system is dismantled in every aspect (culturally, economically, and fiscally) can the new one be implemented.
I am socially progressive as I could care less what people do, but I have proven to be more fiscally conservative then you are on this board because you support a big government. Typically libertarians fit this socially progressive fiscally conservative mold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 07:31 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,107,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
You know how you are afraid of black people because they are supposedly more inclined to commit crimes and you know how you are scared of certain neighborhoods and parts of town because of crime. Well, if abortion was illegal imagine the crime and black people we have now multiplied to the power of at least 20 because people would have kids they neglected/did not want or was not ready to raise.
I am aware with the whole Freakanomics theory, but it still does not make it any less brutal. This isn't a debate on abortion, it was just to show how horribly flawed the idiotic "Jesus was a liberal" argument is.

Quote:
I am socially progressive as I could care less what people do, but I have proven to be more fiscally conservative then you are on this board because you support a big government. Typically libertarians fit this socially progressive fiscally conservative mold.
No, not caring about what people do is not socially progressive. It is socially apathetic, and there is a difference. And how do I support a big government? I think Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid should be abolished, along with every single federal agency besides the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,534 times
Quote:
I am aware with the whole Freakanomics theory, but it still does not make it any less brutal. This isn't a debate on abortion, it was just to show how horribly flawed the idiotic "Jesus was a liberal" argument is.

No, not caring about what people do is not socially progressive. It is socially apathetic, and there is a difference. And how do I support a big government? I think Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid should be abolished, along with every single federal agency besides the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security.

What is YOUR definition of social progressive because obviously you have to be a tree hugging hippie to not be a social conservative by your response.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
No, you are not. Perhaps a fiscally conservative liberal did exist at one time, but that ended with the presidency of JFK. The two can no longer be seperated, as has been proven again and again. 21st century progressives desire communism. Only when the system is dismantled in every aspect (culturally, economically, and fiscally) can the new one be implemented.
Cobain, I realize your expertise in just about all matters human is remarkably extensive, but does it now extend to reading my mind?

P.S. There's "a rat" in separate. That's old school edumacation.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,986,744 times
More break-ins:

Cars broken into at Buckhead condo *| ajc.com

Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Unbelievable. As I said earlier, these people undoubtedly have their reasons for stealing. However, they are in direct conflict with mine.

‪Bugs Bunny This Means War‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,997,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
My building is near this building that hit (I won't say how far, but it is close) and I didn't hear or see a thing.

I will say though I am not surprised that it was targeted. It is one of the few buildings in the immediate area that does not have secure parking or a gate, and the parking area is obscured from the street going about 20 feet down a hill behind the building. One could waltz right in off of Peachtree and steal to their hearts delight, and wouldn't even be seen by any police officer on patrol. Not that the police would actually see anything going on as they tear down that part of Peachtree like they have a woman in labor in the back seat.

That building does have security cameras though, so hopefully they aren't just for show and they caught who committed the crime.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,986,744 times
Technology to the rescue?

Atlanta's Home Elephant tries to connect neighbors *| ajc.com

Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
My building is near this building that hit (I won't say how far, but it is close) and I didn't hear or see a thing.
waronxmas, can you account for your whereabouts between the hours of 5 and 6 am on August 2, 2011?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
waronxmas, can you account for your whereabouts between the hours of 5 and 6 am on august 2, 2011?

lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta