Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 AM

62 posts, read 144,453 times

Advertisements

On social security due to mental health issues (severe OCD phobias, Aspergers, manic depression, depression, schzophrenia plus a history of violence)

Anybody know of any "mixed use" apartments in the area that aren't in a ghetto, I wasn't planning on living in the city and wouldn't even mind living say 45 minutes out of town, I just want to be within driving/busing distance to occasionally head to the A to chill, see a game, see a show.

Pretty desperate to get out of Washington state, very determined to move to the area so if you say this isn't the place for me you will be ignored and I'll keep it moving forward, any information is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 PM

449 posts, read 1,170,772 times
Riverdale and other areas in Clayton County should have plenty of affordable housing for you.

Check out East Point and College Park too

Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 AM

449 posts, read 1,170,772 times
He was looking for apartmens affordable with social security pay

Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 AM

28 posts, read 48,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm miserable, plz let me View Post
On social security due to mental health issues (severe OCD phobias, Aspergers, manic depression, depression, schzophrenia plus a history of violence)

Anybody know of any "mixed use" apartments in the area that aren't in a ghetto, I wasn't planning on living in the city and wouldn't even mind living say 45 minutes out of town, I just want to be within driving/busing distance to occasionally head to the A to chill, see a game, see a show.

Pretty desperate to get out of Washington state, very determined to move to the area so if you say this isn't the place for me you will be ignored and I'll keep it moving forward, any information is greatly appreciated.
History of violence? Please stay in Washington. I promise you their social services for the mentally ill are much better than ours.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,601,867 times
^^

Thank you for saying this. Plus, if you have a police record, you won'tfind it easy (or maybe even possible) to find an apartment to lease.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 AM

28 posts, read 48,749 times
If you are fine, why don't you get off social security and get a job?

Old 03-03-2016, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,149 times
I'm currently living in Upstate , Ny & I'm 33 y/o female who has also been on Social Security for 2 years , but did attend college for Nursing until a very bad car accident shortly after graduation . I have a mental illness & have had surgeries on both feet & now , Ny is trying to make me do funny stuff to check for cancer . I'm from Atlanta & have not seen my family or friends in about 5 years ! I under stand that Atlanta is hard to rent & it's not fair as all of my funds transfer from state to state & there should be something more offered for singles on Social Security . It is hard to win Social Security & I went before a judge quite a few times to win my award & my rent in Ny is over priced for this bad area & bad location when Atlanta apartments are much cheaper & much nicer .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta