U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 PM

75 posts, read 376,234 times
Default Get this tree off my window!

Sunday night a large tree branch broke and fell on my bedroom window. Luckily the window didn't break. I informed the apt management early Monday morning. It is now Wed early evening. The landscapers were out today and they cut grass and trimmed hedges; however no one has attempted to remove this tree from my window. (I can't see out and daylight can't come in) Is there someone else I can call to have this tree removed? I feel my safety is in jeopardy and should not have to live like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,435,876 times
Can you open the window and give the branch a mighty heave?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM

I tried but I can't get the screen up.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM

185 posts, read 242,819 times
I would call the apt management back and tell them that the branch is still there and that it needs to be removed immediately. They may not realize that the landscapers didn't remove it. If they give you any problems tell them if it's not gone by a certain date that you will contact the city and file a complaint.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,429,575 times
Landscapers are not necessarily equipped for tree trimming and removal. Although I agree the landord should have this taken care of on a timely basis.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 PM

507 posts, read 565,749 times
Most decent landlords want to do the right thing, but what is a priority for you isn't always a priority for them. Remember the old adage: Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Start squeaking. In all seriousness, I would tell the manager again tomorrow and if it is not gone in about 3 more days, complain that your point of egress is blocked and it is a safety hazard in case of a fire. Nobody likes the fire marshall visiting.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Thanx...but I think I'm gonna have to wait til tomorrow. As I got in my car this morning...I noticed the small tree in the front had been cut down. I guess the groundskeeper got the wrong instructions. I just have to wonder how he could just cut down a perfectly good tree. I guess all he heard was cut tree and the building number. smh.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:48 AM

31 posts, read 40,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Can you open the window and give the branch a mighty heave?
Haha!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta