U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM

14,592 posts, read 9,162,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Ditto. I've known about dog fighting and dog torture like I said since I was a little kid. For decades. It wasn't until the Michael Vick incident that all of a sudden all these super outraged anti dog fight people start screaming.
That's simply not true at all.

People have been prosecuted for dog fighting for many years before Michael Vick came along. In 2004, David Tant (a white guy) was sentenced to 40 years for running a dog fighting operation.

And people have been upset about it for a long time, especially as it began to occur more and more frequently in the late 1990s and early 2000s. From CNN: A database run by animal advocacy group Pet-abuse.com, which collects reports of animal abuse, shows reports of dogfighting cases increased from 16 in 2000 to 127 in 2006. The group has found 74 cases reported so far this year." That's before Vick got arrested.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM

1,037 posts, read 975,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicMC View Post
^Black.
Straight up ignorant!!! My thinking is that you would be wise to stay in Seattle!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM

1,302 posts, read 576,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmharvey View Post
IF you still think dog fighting is no big deal after watching this you need serious professional help!!
Those who need to watch this video probably won't. One can hope.

And if I'm reading these posts properly, which I may not be after reading so much today, you get punished more harshly for lying to authorities while under investigation than for fighting, hanging, electrocuting, and drowning dogs? Really?!?!

Am I reading that right, seriously?!?!? Please correct me if I'm wrong. It has been demonstrated time after time that people who mistreat animals rarely stop there. I sincerely hope I am reading this wrong.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:05 PM

2,781 posts, read 6,805,218 times
After review and many complaints, also a few items in this thread that are insulting and name calling this thread is closed.

Please review the forum locations.
We have sports, animals, football, true crime, etc.,
Sorry, this thread has nothing to do with the city of Atlanta, the Atlanta metro area, and Michael Vick is now in Philadelphia (another forum location)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta