U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 AM

12,449 posts, read 17,912,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkwoodhipster View Post
Thanks for all the responses! I actually meant more the entire business district, not really the mall. More, "why didnt Northlake become an edge city"? It just never took off the way Perimeter and Cumberland did. Those are really good responses. Are there any skyscrapers or even mid-rise office buildings around there? I don't see where all this office space is hiding.
Mostly it can be found along and off the Northlake Parkway corridor (NP even has it's own SB exit on I-285). DeKalb County has moved its' Fire and Police Hdqtrs to this area along with some other administrative offices; they were formerly located at the Camp Circle complex off of Memorial Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 06:59 AM
JPD

7,435 posts, read 7,365,854 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the responses! I actually meant more the entire business district, not really the mall. More, "why didnt Northlake become an edge city"? It just never took off the way Perimeter and Cumberland did. Those are really good responses. Are there any skyscrapers or even mid-rise office buildings around there? I don't see where all this office space is hiding.
No skyscrapers, but there are numerous mid-rises along Northlake Parkway and Crescent Center just on the other side of 285 from the mall. And there's at least one that I know of on Henderson Mill across the street from the Sports Authority strip.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The mall itself and the local retail and restaurant scene are very active too. A lot of those Decatur/Henderson area folks go there.

Best martinis for the best price in town: Blue Ribbon Grill. That's not even debatable.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 AM

13,747 posts, read 8,133,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Best martinis for the best price in town: Blue Ribbon Grill. That's not even debatable.
Who tends the bar out there these days? I haven't been in since Wayne passed away.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM
JPD

Quote:
Who tends the bar out there these days? I haven't been in since Wayne passed away.
I don't know her name, but she looks kind of like the blonde one.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM

187 posts, read 203,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
No skyscrapers, but there are numerous mid-rises along Northlake Parkway and Crescent Center just on the other side of 285 from the mall. And there's at least one that I know of on Henderson Mill across the street from the Sports Authority strip.
Are there any buildings that would scream "Northlake" in a photo, kind of how those white galleria buildings scream "Cumberland" and the King and Queen scream "Perimeter Center"?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:04 AM

13,747 posts, read 8,133,220 times
Quote:
Are there any buildings that would scream "Northlake" in a photo, kind of how those white galleria buildings scream "Cumberland" and the King and Queen scream "Perimeter Center"?
How about Crescent Centre?

It's not exactly majestic but it sold for more than the Equitable Building not long ago.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
i've always been curious myself if century center is party of northlake, buckhead, or its own little district.
I also am intrigued about Century Center and why it never became something more. It has a lot of tal buildings (more than Northlake) and that really cool building that looks flat.

I wouldnt consider it part of anything - more like its own little district. But I have heard that if Brookhaven were to become a city, that would be part of it. So I guess its "Brookhaven"

Quote:
it and northlake do remind me of the cumberland area.
Yes, and even the name Northlake has that modern, edge-city-sounding ring to it. Same with Century Center.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
How about Crescent Centre?

It's not exactly majestic but it sold for more than the Equitable Building not long ago.

Thanks RJ, thats exactly what im looking for! Where in Northlake is it located?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
JPD

Quote:
Nothing as dramatic as those, but the Doubletree Hotel at the junction of 285 & Lavista Rd. has a pretty cool looking roof ornamentation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta