U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 AM

20 posts, read 72,406 times
Default Help! Contacting DeKalb Recorders Court!

Hello there. So, a friend of mine is having a problem getting in touch with DeKalb Recorders Court, and I was wondering if anyone on here could help.

He moved from Decatur to Nashville about four months ago. Two weeks ago, he got a call from his ex-girlfriend (here in Atlanta) saying she received a court summons for him from Recorders Court. He asked if there was a case number or anything on it, and she said she didn't see one. He also asked her to forward the summons to his address. She said he did, but he still hasn't received it in the mail, so that's doubtful.

I've been trying to help him find a contact number for Recorders Court that doesn't go straight to an automated voice mail, but so far, no luck. The number on the main site (404-371-3272) goes to an automated ticket-paying system (which he needs a case/ticket number to use properly). I also found contact information for three administrative assistants in the Clerk's Office on this page, and all of those lead to a voice mail directing people to the automated system. I also found a different number (404-508-0368) on this page, but that also directs people to the automated payment system and website.

Finally, I called DeKalb 311. The woman who answered said there is no number to Recorders Court that doesn't go to voice mail. I have a really hard time believing this.

So far, my friend's e-mails have not been answered, either.

So, anyone know of any other phone numbers to try? Any way to directly contact one of the clerks/administrative assistants? What he should do next to find out more about his summons? Understandably, he is extremely frustrated, and now I know why! I had no idea it was this difficult to get a human being on the phone in Recorders Court.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 PM

232 posts, read 303,710 times
I had to contact the Recorder's Court myself and had a very difficult time. In my case I had a ticket but accidentally missed my court date. When I called the number on the ticket and went through the automated system, they wouldn't allow me to pay and gave me another number to call. That number I was able to talk to a human but had to wait on hold for over an hour to do it. Then I didn't get the info I needed so I actually had to call back and wait an hour again. My suggestion would be to call the ticket-paying line and enter a fake number that it will then reject and give you the real number. From there, patience. Loottttts of patience.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM

88 posts, read 151,076 times
I sent you a direct message with information that might help you.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM

20 posts, read 72,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkMachine View Post
My suggestion would be to call the ticket-paying line and enter a fake number that it will then reject and give you the real number. From there, patience. Loottttts of patience.
Ooh, good idea! I'll pass that along to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia View Post
I sent you a direct message with information that might help you.
Got it! Thanks!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 12,792 times
WOW!! So glad I found this thread!!! I'm in Los Angeles and having the same exact problem. I need to contact Dekalb County Recorder's Court to clear up old tickets and there is NO WAY through the auto phone system to get to a live person. Any assistance is appreciated!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 12,383 times
My husband is having this same problem. He wasn't even in the country when he supposedly got his ticket. I live in Richmond, VA and don't have time to really go down there...so if anyone can please pass me some numbers to talk to a human feel free to do so.....Thanks.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:45 AM

2,544 posts, read 1,694,182 times
hahaha... dekalb recorders court. an imfamous atlanta legend if there ever was one. best of luck to you.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 AM

198 posts, read 142,926 times
the same exact problem..

Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 8,798 times
Does anyone have a number to a real person? Or means to get to a real person? I live in Nashville and do not have time to take off and go meet with these people. I called in and gave them citation numbers but the automated system just tells me to send an email, and I have and have gotten no response.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 AM

3,362 posts, read 1,781,163 times
Same. Contacted by email and no answer. I can't pay my speeding ticket because it said to contact them. So stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta