U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:54 PM

1,578 posts, read 1,926,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautee View Post
Thank you so much.

Village at Lake Park is where I initially wanted to move (love all their amazing amenities), I have been watching their pricing... when I called today about a 1BR I was quoted an 800+ price. At this point, my max is 800 period. I will only be in an apartment for a year so I can handle a 1BR for just myself and her since the amenities are so awesome. The unit I saw a few weeks ago was older but decent enough. I am hoping to get their larger 1BR or a smaller 2BR for under 800.

Jasmine Woodlands was really nice; spacious, upgrades and seemingly quiet. When I viewed today she quoted me at $915. I was checking online a few minutes ago and saw the same apt for $690 so I requested an online hold and will be calling them as soon as they open tomorrow.

As far as the bad apples; Stone Ridge at Vinings was falling apart while I was viewing, Carriage House and Centerview Terrace both were a little too rough for me. I was going to check out Wyndcliffe Galleria and Mission Galleria but read some scary reviews so I passed. I usually don't base my entire decision on the reviews but when everyone says the same thing or you read about someone being murdered on the property, you kinda have to take that seriously.
Those prices for the village and jasmine seem higher than what I remember. I used to live in the village and only paid about $650 for a 1 BR. What I would do if I were you is contact the Promove on cobb pkwy and see if they can get you a better deal there. Tell them those are 2 properties that you're interested in and they can usually get a lower rate than you can. The $915 for Jasmine DEFINITELY doesnt sound right though. I had a friend that lived there and one of the more spacious 1 BR apartments that only paid $575 a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:07 PM

10 posts, read 14,604 times
@Brown,

Yes, $915 for the top level and $900 for a terrace. I am definitely going to call them tomorrow based on what I saw online though. I think I am going to end up in one of these two so I will just keep checking. I know rates tend to drop closer to winter. I really want to move to bypass the two hour rush hour commute but I want to be smart as well.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 PM

185 posts, read 125,888 times
You might also want to check Oak Park of Vinings and Ivywood Park at Vinings. They are very close to the police/fire station off Cumberland and the area is relatively residential. From the websites, they seem to be in your budget.

Ashbook Crossings and some other places near 285 on S Cobb drive might also be suitable. They seem cheaper than the above two. Although I cannot speak of safety, I drive through the area ll the time with no concerns.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 AM

746 posts, read 584,596 times
I'm interested in Jasmine Woodlands too! can you provide me with any info about it?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm interested in Jasmine Woodlands too! can you provide me with any info about it?

Well so far so good. The apartment that I am thinking about leasing will be their Plan 7. It is 1025 sq ft and I am getting a renovated unite for $725. I am waiting on an email with the utility information since I am unable to make a trip to Smyrna until mid-week and my move-in date would be Friday (in order to get the $100 off). The grounds looked nice and there wasn't much noise when I was viewing. I also get an extra 100 off since I am a student as well. The apartment that I reserved is in their building 1 which is right in the front by the leasing office. The availability on the website is pretty accurate. Also, the had an upgraded terrace apartment for 690 or 705.

Also, the apartments I saw that was 900 was actually Jasmine at the Galleria!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:33 PM

1,628 posts, read 1,512,621 times
Interesting - I remember a few years back they advertised that Jasmine at Galleria were renovated. That may be the price increase but based on location I would not expect it to be that desirable. Perhaps the walking distance to CCT and the mall is the reason.

Glad to hear it is working out for you - Welcome to the neighborhood.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM

746 posts, read 584,596 times
Quote:
Well so far so good. The apartment that I am thinking about leasing will be their Plan 7. It is 1025 sq ft and I am getting a renovated unite for $725. I am waiting on an email with the utility information since I am unable to make a trip to Smyrna until mid-week and my move-in date would be Friday (in order to get the $100 off). The grounds looked nice and there wasn't much noise when I was viewing. I also get an extra 100 off since I am a student as well. The apartment that I reserved is in their building 1 which is right in the front by the leasing office. The availability on the website is pretty accurate. Also, the had an upgraded terrace apartment for 690 or 705.

I thought this was the Galleria aparments....I'm looking to move in September, it would be a long distance move for me from up north. I love how the apartments are reasonable and upgraded, hopefully I can get a place there

Old 08-09-2011, 05:24 PM

1,578 posts, read 1,926,518 times
Quote:

lol I knew something couldnt be right when you said $900 for the two bedroom. I dont think you'll have any issues at Jasmine... it's pretty quiet on Village Parkway. Your commute to Roswell should be as easy as pie. Shoot straight down Spring Rd and jump on 285. To get to Roswell you're looking at about 10-15 minutes.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM

@Lori, thank you.

@Future, No. I am moving to Jasmine Woodlands. They are both owned by Lyon Communities. Cosmetically on the inside Galleria has cherry upgraded cabinets and Woodlands has white & nickle cabinets. I like the Woodlands better because it is on that back road with little traffic. I initially liked Galleria but the $200 cost difference is not worth it for me. I have heard good things about Woodlands so I am excited to move.

@Brown, I am super excited. I move in on Friday but I am thinking I may use that day to clean the apartment and then move everything in on my following day off.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,358 times
Hi, I lived at Village at Lake Park and it is a beautiful, well cared for property. However after our first year there the rent went from $750 to $827, so we moved to another town. Also, the traffic Cobb Parkway is a beast, but you can take Spring Road from the highway. The commute to Dunwoody took me roughly 45 minutes due to traffic and accidents, which are daily here in the Atlanta area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta