Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:29 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Some good things.

1. While people in NJ are bundling up and recieving their first snowfall Atlanta will be experiencing it's best weather of the year (Autumn is really nice). And when cabin fever has set in during spring in NJ, in Atlanta our Springs are spectacular!

2. While many have noted that Atlanta is no NY,San Fran, or Montreal and that it is changing for the worse in some areas. Some areas are fastly transforming for the better including Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, and Intown. I can see where many of the amenities that put the major cities listed above Atlanta are not far from arriving here.
i agree whole-heartedly with that statement.Those people don't drive around enough on a weekly basis and see how things here are changing for the better fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlLady View Post
I was certainly miserable when I first moved BACK to ATL with my husband. I soon realized that it was a combo of a bunch of different issues I had internally. So I slowly started getting back in tune with my true self and continue to attract a diverse mix of friends who think ad act just like me! I fallen in love with this place all over again.
Unfortunately though there are some obvious negatives about this city, but I try to change that by inspiring others to change and help create a better place to work, live and raise a family.
well said and good words to live by no matter where you live.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I have lived in and/or spent time in about every city in the US, and I would hold Atlanta's neighborhoods up to any others that are out there. They are beautiful.
Obviiously these people have never driven through Ansley Park,Tuxeedo Drive,Inman Park,The Cascades,VA-HI,Grant Park,East Village,Brookhaven.They have never been to Kennesaw Mtn or Stone Mountain.Been to Piedmont Park and the other beautiful areas of Atlanta.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
I've noticed that disproportionately, people who live in Atlanta always try and give a vague effort to show the positive side, and its ALWAYS materialistic, like we have coca cola, the biggest airport, big tall buildings, blah blah blah. Its not friendly, i know people from all over and I've been all over, and it is dismal here. It is absolutely dismal and ugly, and disconnectedness of society here is absolutely disgraceful and is embarrassing. Spending the next 10 years in Atlanta would be living in a wasteland undergoing massive refurbishment. You can see the beginnings of it today. Half the streets in Atlanta have metal plates over the pavement (funny how you don't see any of those in any other jurisdiction). Why now? Why all the condos now? How retarded, its 2007, and people in this wasteland are NOW wanting to live in-town??? give me a freaking break, its over. Its all over, there are some good people here, but i wish they'd evacuate this place and nuke it.
1)The metal plates have everything to do with growth.Why put concrete back so fast when there are other building that are due to be developed.
2)What do people say about New York or Paris even.The buildings may be more ornate and older but is that not materialistic?People live in apartments that amount to how a cat or dog lives in a kennel sized cage!!
3)The condo's came as a result of more people moving here at a rate that only condo living can accomodate
4)I can give you natural beauty:TREES,The foothills of the mountains.There are some truly nice vistas throughout the city.I Have never been anywhere on this planet where i hated.I may not want to live someplace,but i usually have common sense enough to know that there is something about everyplace that draws some people to choose where they live .We all just have different needs at different times of our lives.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,206 times
Atlanta is definetly the place to be. It's not to cold and the summers are not too hot either at least for me. You get so much home for your money, the people are friendly and the night life is pretty ok.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,425 times
Default Oh NO...SPANISH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veragemini View Post
I finally get to use all of the spanish I took in high school & college LOL
Please don't tell me that...I'm trying to go where I DON'T have to use my spanish! Sorry but true...West Coast transplant.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,425 times
Default i can't stand how everyone drives an SUV, is overweight, THIS MADE ME CRY! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
Atlanta is good for starting out your career and making a few bucks off the economy... BUT, everyone here is miserable, you can tell by the way they look in public, how they drive, and what they say and everything. Everyone here feels like they are stuck here, and can't get out. Everyone here goes to work and goes back home, nothing social, its as if everyone is married already in Atlanta. Single life in Atlanta sucks, everyone here plays games, i've lived in my apt. for 3 years haven't met my neighbor yet, very unfriendly people, very transient, the condos in midtown are nice, but they are all vacant because nobody wants to live somewhere with a 75% turnover rate. This place is God-awful, i would rather be anywhere but here, i can't stand how everyone drives an SUV, is overweight, you won't find that in many other places. People here don't walk anywhere, its very unfriendly to pedestrians, the famed author of Gone by the Wind was killed walking across peachtree street, where still 50% of the cross walk lights don't work, and if you wait you will be standing there for 15 minutes like a fool, while all the "high class" drive by in their cars. Get me out of here Lord God, i'm tired of it.
That quote had me on the floor crying! Huh?????????
i can't stand how everyone drives an SUV, is overweight, WTF! rotf! Now we're hating on certain cars that fat people drive. Where did that come from LOL....i can't stand how everyone drives an SUV, is overweight, WHAT?!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 AM

49 posts, read 224,263 times
Postives are the winters are relatively mild and short...and if you like the mountains, NGa and NC are just 90 min to 2 hrs away.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
asr

7 posts, read 19,895 times
I grew up in the SF Bay area, but spent many summers in Atlanta with family. Then I went to central Florida for college. Now I live in Atlanta, and I love it. I think that Atlanta, just like any other big city, will appeal to some people, and not others. It is no hotter here than it is in Florida. I am also SINGLE and I have been having a great time here. What is great about Atlanta is that you can get that big city feel w/o paying the price you would in somewhere like NYC or SF. As far as crime, research different neighborhoods and visit them and see how you feel. There are many areas that are crime ridden (and you can stay away from them) but I live in North Atlanta and I feel just as safe as did in Central Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta