U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,008,333 times

Advertisements

These were my thoughts on tags a couple of years ago:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 AM

12,979 posts, read 21,107,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
*Vomit*

That's nice.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 PM

4,364 posts, read 6,972,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
These were my thoughts on tags a couple of years ago:
I agree with you about North Carolina's tag. It needed replacing like 20 years ago.

I do like the new Texas and Alabama tags though contrary to what some people say.

As for our new one, yeah, it stinks. Not the worst out of the bunch though. I guess it will be an excuse for me to finally switch my "Chatham" sticker to "Gwinnett"

Old 08-23-2011, 04:11 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,992,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
They picked this one, folks. I'm disappointed. Atlanta once again continues to be ignored, as the tag with the skyline(s) was clearly rejected... At least this one doesn't have a ".com" after "Georgia."

LOL @ the .com thing they do in florida...thats a good shot...the plate is still well...its looks like something for the "Leave it to Beaver" era...post WW2??

Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,992,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
this is the girliest license plate in the whole country.... gonna love seeing this thing on these big dude trucks
+1 I was thinking about that as well lol, then I remembered we have a large gay population so it evens out.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM

953 posts, read 2,788,542 times
The new Georiga Plates..... WTF?? I am not putting those FUGLY plates on my car. Damn.. I should of kept my IL plates.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:38 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,478,385 times
The backdrop looks like Kansas. Seriously, it reminds me of the area between Salina, KS & Topeka, KS. An area with rolling farmland. West of Salina, it's a bit too flat.

In some ways, it could represent some agricultural areas of Kentucky, but even that is a stretch, given the lack of trees. Perhaps parts of west-central Illinois, too.

The peaches on the left look like pumpkins.

The tree doesn't look like a peach tree. Seriously, even around spring time, peach trees have more greenery than this when flowering. It's also oddly shaped.

The only area of the state where one could see what appeared to be endless farming land, such as what this tag portrays, might be the area just to the west/northwest of Albany, or that vicinity of the state. Even places in Georgia's peach country, such as around Fort Valley, don't look like that.

Most of the state is covered with a thick blanket a trees, yet you'd never know that with this plate.

It's kind of funny how states that are only around 30% forested, such as Oregon are known for their trees, yet a state that's nearly 70% forested is supposed to be known for "farms". Odd.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 PM

1,154 posts, read 2,279,776 times
I like the Colorado plates- simple but makes a point.
The orange New York plates make no since to me and would really clash with the color of my car.
For those who really hate the new Georgia design, you can always pay a little more and get a custom plate.....

Old 08-23-2011, 08:18 PM

4,364 posts, read 6,972,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
The new Georiga Plates..... WTF?? I am not putting those FUGLY plates on my car. Damn.. I should of kept my IL plates.
Honestly, I think the latest Illinois plates are pretty hideous.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,008,333 times
I just read this:
"Unlike Georgia’s current plates, the new plate will not have raised numbers or letters resulting in a less expensive production process. According to a press release from Gov. Deal’s office, Georgia taxpayers will not incur any added expense for production of the new license plates and will also have the option of selecting a plain tag"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or