Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I have no problem with people from the European diaspora who speak English (Anglosphere) coming here, who are skilled. I do have a problem with every third world, non-skilled, non-assimilating, culture replacing person coming here, destroying the quality of life and our national identity. This is especially pronounced during a weak economy.
This kind of common sense has unfortunately been driven out of your public discourse by hostile aliens in our midst. They want as many "culture-replacing persons" as possible because they want to replace our culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Great. Just...great.

I'm talking about about the economic dangers stemming from the corporations hijacking the H-1B visa program; then here comes Skeeter & Bubba right on cue from their weekly jaunt in the Appalachians...and as usual they won't focus on big business & their political prositutes' roles in the whole-selling of America's treasury, because that would be too much like common sense.

Nope, they want to focus only on how "those people" & their "diff'rent culture" which has been in existence for over thousands of years are "changing" America...

It's no small wonder with this "scintillating wit" that's so common in Georgia that the corporations & their conservative lackeys have been able to sell out America on the sly. The southern strategy is still in play.

Nice job guys, nice job.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,215,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Great. Just...great.

I'm talking about about the economic dangers stemming from the corporations hijacking the H-1B visa program; then here comes Skeeter & Bubba right on cue from their weekly jaunt in the Appalachians...and as usual they won't focus on big business & their political prositutes' roles in the whole-selling of America's treasury, because that would be too much like common sense.

Nope, they want to focus only on how "those people" & their "diff'rent culture" which has been in existence for over thousands of years are "changing" America...

It's no small wonder with this "scintillating wit" that's so common in Georgia that the corporations & their conservative lackeys have been able to sell out America on the sly. The southern strategy is still in play.

Nice job guys, nice job.
Oh yes, it's all the sayings of a "skeeter" and "bubba". It couldn't be mainstream, despite the fact that opinion polls point it out as so. Only on a forum with so many liberals is such common sense "extreme".

By the way, enough with the degradation of people and regions from your very own country.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
I think that this "shortage" of IT workers is a big scam. There are plenty of American born people here who are trained in IT. One of my co-workers is trained by DeVry in IT and before he came to my company, he was employed somewhere else in IT before he was laid off. But he is unable to move out of my division & back into an IT job because no one has been willing to hire him in another IT job.
Well, yes and no. The problem is that "IT" too general of a term. I agree we have no shortage of people in this country trained on such things as general IT (help desk, call center, field technicians) and network type positions. If you look around though, in this country those positions are mainly staffed by natural born Americans.

The shortage is with programmers (more so) and engineers. Computer Science courses here across the board do a **** poor job at pushing people into those types of roles and many schools have just given up on setting the expectation that a student here could expect to be a programmer. Thus, at most corporations, foreign workers make up the bulk of the staff. In places in India and China, they train people at universities at getting really good at programming in one or two languages until they are self contained programming assembly lines. We don't have anything similar here in terms of schools that focus on such things, thus we end up with a shortage in the number of programmers there are.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
I have no problem with people from the European diaspora who speak English (Anglosphere) coming here, who are skilled. I do have a problem with every third world, non-skilled, non-assimilating, culture replacing person coming here, destroying the quality of life and our national identity. This is especially pronounced during a weak economy.
Wow.

FYI, most White Americans are not descended from the "Anglosphere" and I am sure they would not agree with this either.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about about the economic dangers stemming from the corporations hijacking the H-1B visa program; then here comes Skeeter & Bubba right on cue from their weekly jaunt in the Appalachians.
Typical lefty drone. You were right about the corporations. You are wrong about "Skeeter & Bubba". The culture that is being replaced against our will is Voltaire, Shakespeare, and Adam Smith. Genocide is not a good thing.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Computer Science courses here across the board do a **** poor job at pushing people into those types of roles and many schools have just given up on setting the expectation that a student here could expect to be a programmer. Thus, at most corporations, foreign workers make up the bulk of the staff. In places in India and China, they train people at universities at getting really good at programming in one or two languages until they are self contained programming assembly lines. We don't have anything similar here in terms of schools that focus on such things, thus we end up with a shortage in the number of programmers there are.
Wrong.

We have all that. Corporations, however, prefer H1B workers who work at lower wages, put in longer hours, and have fewer options when it comes to changing jobs.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
I have to disagree with that assertion. Not that I particularly like the concept of siding with ol' Zeke from the Sons of the Confederacy but that person does have a good point. We have the infrastructure here and we are graduating plenty of American born computer programmers. These companies are not looking for them, plain and simple.

Also, there was a lot of news coverage on the issue of the H-1B visa became of some major fraud that was going on 2 or so years ago. Here is one of the interviews talking about the H-1B controversy, and it's very enlightening.

Americas future heading for China & India - YouTube
Quote:
The shortage is with programmers (more so) and engineers. Computer Science courses here across the board do a **** poor job at pushing people into those types of roles and many schools have just given up on setting the expectation that a student here could expect to be a programmer. Thus, at most corporations, foreign workers make up the bulk of the staff. In places in India and China, they train people at universities at getting really good at programming in one or two languages until they are self contained programming assembly lines. We don't have anything similar here in terms of schools that focus on such things, thus we end up with a shortage in the number of programmers there are.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,215,364 times
Quote:
Wow.

FYI, most White Americans are not descended from the "Anglosphere" and I am sure they would not agree with this either.
Do you not understand what I was talking about? I was basically saying that I have no problem with someone emigrating to the U.S. who is from the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, as long as they are skilled. That is the "Anglosphere".

All white Americans, short of someone who recently emigrated from a non-English speaking country, are part of the "Anglosphere".

Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,889,338 times
Quote:
Do you not understand what I was talking about? I was basically saying that I have no problem with someone emigrating to the U.S. who is from the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, as long as they are skilled. That is the "Anglosphere".

All white Americans, short of someone who recently emigrated from a non-English speaking country, are part of the "Anglosphere".
For the record, this highly skilled, white, New Zealand born, Canada raised, naturalized US citizen finds your posts repugnant. Has it escaped your attention that the majority of the non-US "Anglosphere" loves Obama? Be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta