U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM

2,851 posts, read 5,586,378 times

Advertisements

I think many but not all white people just have this mostly irrational fear of places where the majority of people are black. If there is the slightest amount of disorder in such a place they quickly label it "ghetto" and dangerous.

I mentioned this before in an Atlantic Station thread. A lot of people came on labeling the place as ghetto and I assume this has to be because at night on the weekends you have a largely Black crowd and many of the younger Blacks wear Hip Hop style clothes and a few are loud or may cuss. However, as I pointed out the majority of partiers there while Black or well dressed well behaved professional Blacks. Also the atmosphere there is not nearly as rowdy as say Lo Do in Denver on the Weekend or High Street OSU campus in Columbus Ohio where I used to live in my college days. Two larger party districts where the great majority of people are young whites and they get far less criticism and those places are not labeled as ghetto by most.

Many on this forum act as if only Blacks misbehave publicly but here is a mostly white party district in Columbus Ohio. If it were blacks behaving this way the whole area would be shut down believe me. But since it's middle class white college students the attitude is kids will be kids.

2002 Post-Ohio State vs. Michigan Game Riots #6 - YouTube

2002 Post-Ohio State vs. Michigan Game Riots #1 - YouTube

brawl with cops (the action starts at about 50 seconds!!) - YouTube

2002 Post-Ohio State vs. Michigan Game Riots #9 - YouTube

15th and High street - YouTube

OSU High Street Partying - YouTube

SQUIRTMAN - A Night On High Street - Part Two - YouTube

The Ohio State University Mirror Lake 2009 - YouTube

Old 09-13-2011, 12:36 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,728,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I knew you would chime in.

I think it is very appropriate for the current postings on this thread (as well as others). Posting the link has nothing to do with "racial bickering" in the least. As if and nice try.

And don't just make it about "that guy." There is so much out there about these issues--his particular writing style just so happens to be very encyclopedic and clear.

And--it is very obvious that this truth serum makes you very "uncomfortable" and angry--> The tone argument Abagond
He's arrogant and racist himself. Not "reverse racist." Racist.

He generalizes about whites generalizing about blacks. What does he accomplish by doing that?

And you are a fool for falling for that crap.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:40 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,414,459 times
Galounger no one is going to respond to your pot I just want you to realize that. The same foolishness is going to continue to lurk these threads.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:58 PM

13,560 posts, read 22,014,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post

He generalizes about whites generalizing about blacks. What does he accomplish by doing that?

Nope. He is not racist.

And no name calling, please.

What do y'all even truly mean by "reverse racism/reverse racist?" The opposite of true forward racism? So laughable.

True reverse racism Abagond

RaceandHistory.com : A Look at the Myth of Reverse Racism

Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,615,564 times
Quote:

I don't agree with you on a lot of things, but this is right on. That guy is about as racist as they come. But you also have to understand where Aries is coming from, since he/she holds the radical belief that black people cannot be racist solely due to the color of their skin. Pretty wild stuff that even academia doesn't dabble in (at least mainstream academia).

Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,728,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Nope. He is not racist.

And no name calling, please.

What do y'all even truly mean by "reverse racism/reverse racist?" The opposite of true forward racism? So laughable.

True reverse racism Abagond

RaceandHistory.com : A Look at the Myth of Reverse Racism

Who is y'all? Since I don't toe the line with that guy's blustering drivel that makes me one of "them?" When are you going to learn how to think independently, Aries?

I was making a point about "reverse racism" being a ridiculous term. Racism is racism no matter what race the person spewing it is.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,615,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I think many but not all white people just have this mostly irrational fear of places where the majority of people are black. If there is the slightest amount of disorder in such a place they quickly label it "ghetto" and dangerous.

I mentioned this before in an Atlantic Station thread. A lot of people came on labeling the place as ghetto and I assume this has to be because at night on the weekends you have a largely Black crowd and many of the younger Blacks wear Hip Hop style clothes and a few are loud or may cuss. However, as I pointed out the majority of partiers there while Black or well dressed well behaved professional Blacks. Also the atmosphere there is not nearly as rowdy as say Lo Do in Denver on the Weekend or High Street OSU campus in Columbus Ohio where I used to live in my college days. Two larger party districts where the great majority of people are young whites and they get far less criticism and those places are not labeled as ghetto by most.

Many on this forum act as if only Blacks misbehave publicly but here is a mostly white party district in Columbus Ohio. If it were blacks behaving this way the whole area would be shut down believe me. But since it's middle class white college students the attitude is kids will be kids.

Quick response:
1.) There are very few examples of white college students misbehaving that results in gunfire.
2.) If educated black people are going to dress and act just like thuggish/criminal black people, then they are going to have to deal with the consequences of that.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:18 PM

864 posts, read 888,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post

Ugh, I know right. White people get away with all kinds a crap like this. Let a bunch of blacks do it and they will talk about shutting down anything related and blaming the "black community" for individuals actions.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 PM

13,560 posts, read 22,014,906 times
Quote:
Who is y'all? Since I don't toe the line with that guy's blustering drivel that makes me one of "them?" When are you going to learn how to think independently, Aries?

I was making a point about "reverse racism" being a ridiculous term. Racism is racism no matter what race the person spewing it is.

Y'all: People who use the term "reverse racism/reverse racist."

And I think very independently if you care to look at the body of my posts/context over the last almost 4 years (Whoa--too long on city-data!).

I link to the cold-hard truth a lot of the time (and especially recently). No need to re-type/re-post (or "hear" myself speak) when what needs to be said has actually already been said perfectly well somewhere else (or by somebody else). It's all good--and informative.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM

294 posts, read 683,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Ugh, I know right. White people get away with all kinds a crap like this. Let a bunch of blacks do it and they will talk about shutting down anything related and blaming the "black community" for individuals actions.

Is this behavior what's considered "uncivilized" ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or