U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:24 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,198,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldian View Post
Do people put high value on education, the arts, literature in Atlanta?

How would somebody make it there that does not like NASCAR, religion, college football, hip hop, country music, rednecks in big trucks? Not trying to bash, but those are stereotypes. What are the options for transplants? Do they have to adapt to the culture? Or is Atlanta of more of an accepting, international global city culture?
From what I have seen and heard the value is on Celebrity Worship and Keeping up with the Jones or Black Kardasians....there is a huge push for the common man to be where ever the celebrities are. Its a weird thing, all my friends that have visited Atlanta point it out. Many poor people acting rich...And this may happen in other cities too, but in Atlanta it is the culture. Not saying its a bad thing.

As far as nascar, religion & college football? Atlanta is no hicktown, hip hop is big in Atlanta an may influence the Fake it til you Make Culture I was mentioning earlier.

Atlanta accepting?? Well Ive been accepted by other people NOT from here...mostly Midwest, West Coast peeps...my girlfriend is from Chicago..she used to hate it until she meet me...now she is starting to like Atlanta. She always say "Yall Atl people crazy" but I have to remind her Im not from here either lol. Its many people here that are not from Atlanta and not from the south that will welcome you in, but the natives...in my experience...NO. Rednecks are the least of your worries man lol.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or