Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:18 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,812,436 times

Advertisements

I think stores like Bendel and Prada should be at Phipps and Legoland would be better at Lenox. Although it appears that Lenox gets more upscale all the time if you look at the stores they have added. But, the Bloomingdales at Lenox does not carry any/few of the upscale brands that you find in their NY stores which seems a little odd if they are trying to compete with Neiman Marcus in any slight way.
I think Crate and Barrel will be a good fit across the street with stores like Lululemon and Tootsies. Sometimes, you just want to park close by and run in to buy a few dozen wine glasses....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
The racists up in here pushing their daily agenda I see.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
No, that is not why. And if it was, why the hell would Prada, Henri Bendel, and other high end stores be opening/expanding at the mall?

The reason why is because Crate & Barrel no longer prefers their stores to be within malls... you can see this in other places as well. They have been moving their stores out of malls and into free-standing stores or shopping centers near malls. It is that simple. It has nothing to do with what you are saying and I've been to Lenox Mall many times, I am white, and I just don't see how anyone can think that mall is "ghetto".
This is very interesting because I have heard this as well. C&B has a very nice stand alone store built right on the street in the Knox-Henderson neighborhood of Dallas. Easy ingress and egress. However the Galleria Dallas store which won design awards was in a strip like what the Lenox one will be moving into just across the street from Galleria Dallas and they closed that store to build a new store at The Shops at Willow Bend in Plano. So they aren't entirely going mall-less. Only reasoning I can think of for the move to Plano was to put more miles in between the locations in the area. Like they did in Atlanta when they closed Perimeter and kept Alpharetta open.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:37 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,086 times
Just a reminder that both Lenox and Phipps are owned and managed by the same company-Simon , which manages most of the malls in the country, which may explain the lack of definition and personality for both malls.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:39 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
Sometimes, you just want to park close by and run in to buy a few dozen wine glasses....
I agree. The issue that I have with Lenox is the parking. If I am going to Lenox, it is spend significant time there checking out several stores. Parking is too congested to run in and out for a few items.

My thoughts about Legoland at Phipps is that space was difficult to fill and could be made easily available. The food court at Phipps was never very popular and the third floor always seemed out of the way to try and fill with shops. I am curious to see how the Legoland concept works out, I am giving the benefit of the doubt that the Lego people did their homework

Old 09-18-2011, 08:09 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
Sometimes, you just want to park close by and run in to buy a few dozen wine glasses....
I have to do that all the time. The way wine glasses break you can go through a few dozen in no time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta