Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM

538 posts, read 926,064 times

Advertisements

It appears that the U.S. Supreme Court has issued a "reprieve" to allow them time to look at the case one more time. Hopefully, by the end of the night this "reprieve" will have been lifted and the State of Georgia and its people will inflict justice on this worthless POS, Troy Davis. My prayers go out to the MacPhail family for being mentally tortured again by our justice system in its 22 year journey to mete out final justice.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:28 PM

461 posts, read 1,068,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Folks are cheering in the background claiming the US Supreme Court has issued a stay but no one is sure at this moment.
A reprieve for now, there's a live feed here for anyone interested. Democracy Now! - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
The justice system in this country is anything but blind. Courts are crooked. Cops are crooked. Prosecutors are crooked.

You can straighten out crooked if you have money.

I don't know much about this case except for the little I've read. Seven of the nine witnesses have retracted their eye-witness testimony. That's pretty compelling stuff.
Please name a country that has a better justice system than the United States......I'll give you two minutes to name one.....Mexico, nope; Nigeria, nope; Brazil, nope; China; nope; Russia; nope. Do you think that Troy Davis would have had 22 years of appeals in any one of those countries after brazenly killing a police officer? You don't have to respond....its one of those rhetorical questions you know.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I feel that with all of the new testimony, there is doubt that he was the killer.

That is not to say he is a good person.

Keep him in prison for life.

Executions should be cut and dry.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Please name a country that has a better justice system than the United States......I'll give you two minutes to name one.....Mexico, nope; Nigeria, nope; Brazil, nope; China; nope; Russia; nope. Do you think that Troy Davis would have had 22 years of appeals in any one of those countries after brazenly killing a police officer? You don't have to respond....its one of those rhetorical questions you know.
LOL. What about Iraq, Libya?

Other developed, Western nations have ceased with capital punishment. For a reason.

Troy Davis, would not have been on death row in those countries. Innocent until proven guilty. Beyond reasonable doubt.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
LOL. What about Iraq, Libya?

Other developed, Western nations have ceased with capital punishment. For a reason.

Troy Davis, would not have been on death row in those countries. Innocent until proven guilty. Beyond reasonable doubt.
You're confusing the issue of the death penalty with the standard for a conviction in a criminal case......the standard for a conviction remains the same whether or not the defendant is given the death penalty in the end. In any other country, without capital punishment, Troy Davis would have still been convicted because the evidence certainly went "beyond a reasonable doubt".....a least that's what a "racisss" majority black jury decided 22 years ago

Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
I am for the death penalty but there is obviously a lot of doubt in this case and I don't think Mr. Davis should be executed for that reason. Why have so many witnesses recanted their story. I was close to someone involved in a case where it was later found out cops were being paid off so I'm somewhat weary of the justice system.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:09 PM

104 posts, read 342,307 times
It is really sad to see people sit around and wish death on another person. I lost a family member by that hands of a murder, her spouse bust down her down and shot her dead and then went to take his own life. I as a human had to stop him and I couldn't wish death on anyone.

Some of you will say no HE killed so HE should be killed. Just remember we all have a God to answer to one day and when judgement day comes God will not ask you what someone did to you he will only ask you want did YOU do to someone else.

So much hurt and evil I wonder what will happen to the people that kills Troy Davis in the name of justice seems more like in the name of judgement to me. Then again if I can sit back and look at this in sadness I can only imagine what God must be looking down on all of us and thinking? Really if God wanted to take this man now not one of us could stop God for HE is the gives and takes life not man. Why not let God be God, why is it that mandkind has to always intervene? God said in His Word revenge is His. Why not let God word stand? Then we put on our money " In God We Trust" shm if this is trust I hate to see distrust. God please help us all.......

Old 09-21-2011, 06:15 PM

454 posts, read 821,395 times
Quote:
You need to get out more. I would rather the justice system in any other first world country than ours which is no better than the 3rd world.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:18 PM

304 posts, read 856,529 times
Quote:
It appears that the U.S. Supreme Court has issued a "reprieve" to allow them time to look at the case one more time. Hopefully, by the end of the night this "reprieve" will have been lifted and the State of Georgia and its people will inflict justice on this worthless POS, Troy Davis. My prayers go out to the MacPhail family for being mentally tortured again by our justice system in its 22 year journey to mete out final justice.
I think that you would say otherwise if it were you brother on death row...being injustly put to death. Putting an innnocent man to death just to bring peace to a grieving family is WRONG...there is plenty of reasonnable in this case...unless you are 100% certain that he did...he should be able to have all evidence presented...I would hate for you to be part of a jury for myself or a loved one because your verdict would be based on emotions and not facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta