Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:21 PM

22 posts, read 41,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlyoungin View Post
In atl for about a month? Spends a considerable amount of time out? Imonti, if you haven't already, ask her to show you around. Thank me later.
LOLOL look at you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
How in the world did you gather this from an obviously harmless post by a potential newcomer? Why do you feel the need to constantly stir the pot?

Almost every single post you make is racially polarizing in my opinion, and this particular white guy is absolutely SICK OF IT. Just to go on record here..........
lol.John .At this point its just tooooo saaaad to get mad.I just laugh at the fact that dude even exists in this day and age.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:40 AM

10 posts, read 41,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonti View Post
I'm a black male, 24, straight, etc. And I'm used to having a lot of friends here in NC. How would I go about making friends with other black males that are straight. (I feel I need to emphasize this because of the large gay black male population) People to go to sporting events, clubs, hanging out, etc. Nothing against the gays but I just feel more comfortable socializing with the straights. I plan on moving to Norcross, or Dunwoody, or Sandy Springs and any other place out in Gwinnett County.
Whats up bruh

I just recently relocated to the ATL and I was woindering the same thing. I plan on just finding nice chill spots and mingling. I am petty buyy with work and school and looking for a church home so usually good freindships fall into place. I MAY try one of the networking groups. NOT siure how I feel about those though.When are you moving....I too am used to having a lot of frinds and being close to my family so this is very different for me.....get at me if you want to hang out or something....it will all work out.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM

311 posts, read 844,100 times
To the OP: Are you into Football?

My BF had the same issue and he signed up with Meetup and found a football group(Baltimore Ravens Roost) who meets up Every Sunday at a bar in Midtown to watch their favorite team play. If you just type in your favorite football team on meetup.com, you'll likely find a good group of people to hang out with at least once a week and should be a good start in the area. If not just google "atlanta +your team+ bar" and fans may have taken over a bar in the city to hang out.

Networking...we both feel is just too stuffy for our tastes to truly build good friendships.... but it's been very VERY easy to strike up conversations with people here compared to where we came from at least.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:19 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Pay me $100 a month and I will be your friend.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 414 times
I'm 'supposed' to be moving to Atlanta soon and have no friends whatsoever. Do the guys or girls there just come up to you and speak? Because I wanna make new friends but I don't wanna burst people's bubbles or get in their lil' spaces.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:24 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResesRod View Post
I'm 'supposed' to be moving to Atlanta soon and have no friends whatsoever. Do the guys or girls there just come up to you and speak? Because I wanna make new friends but I don't wanna burst people's bubbles or get in their lil' spaces.
Try being active with the local Atlanta chapter of either your personal collegiate alma mater's alumni club or your favorite college sports team's (or teams') fan club.

College alumni club chapters are often active, not just when it comes to gathering to watch college football and college basketball games, but also when it comes to other social gatherings, social activities and volunteer service events in the community.

If you have a professional sports team that you follow where you may currently live, also try being active with the local Atlanta chapter of the fan club for your favorite professional sports team.

Both college/university alumni club/fan club chapters and professional sports team fan club chapters can be good ways to make new friends because of how socially active those organizations often can be, and also because of the family dynamic that often is present amongst the members of those clubs in a very large and very transient metro area like Atlanta.

Becoming active in a college/university alumni/fan club chapter and/or a pro-sports fan club chapter can be a good way for a newcomer like yourself to learn about the metro area because of the dynamic of learning about a metro area/region that you are new to from other people who might be from the same part of the country that you are hailing from whom also had to adjust to the Atlanta metro area/region as newcomers.

Being active with the local chapter of your favorite college, university or college and/or pro-sports team may not be the perfect suggestion of a way to meet people and make new friends, but it can be extremely effective.

Other posters will also make excellent recommendations for attempting to make new friends in a strange new city by looking on a website like Meetup.com for other social groups that might be of interest to you in the Atlanta area.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:40 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
If you play tennis, softball or soccer you may consider joining a nearby team. For tennis, check out ALTA, T2 and USTA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta