Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:03 PM

538 posts, read 925,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No it would not, and it has been asked in the past many, many times.

Just like it's allowed for people to ask questions in regards to "where the neighborhoods are that are majority ______ that we would feel comfortable in?"

That is until race-baiting is introduced, which seems to be your entire reason for posting here. You aren't fooling anyone with this crap.

In my opinion, the majority of your posts are nothing less than poison to this forum, and I suspect that is your objective.
Well now, I'm sorry you don't like me.....frankly, I don't remember any of your previous posts on threads, so I have no opinion as to whether you are "poison" or not and what your agenda may be....but have a nice day in LaLa Land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM

4 posts, read 10,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
So you're homophobic and don't want to hang around white folks....welcome to the ATL dude...you're gonna fit right in....LOL
So because I feel most comfortable hanging around my own group (straight black males) this makes me homophobic meaning afraid of gays? If I was afraid of gay people I wouldn't come near Atlanta. Come on. As far as the not wanting to hang around white folks comment. Well again, there is a reason black people like coming to Atlanta in general. Because they like to socialize and be around primarily other black people, hence the majority of ATLiens are black. This is common sense. But to be straight up and blatant I don't have a problem with white people. It's just that I've found the cultural differences between blacks and whites in America makes things awkward when engaging in interracial friendships.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 PM

538 posts, read 925,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonti View Post
So because I feel most comfortable hanging around my own group (straight black males) this makes me homophobic meaning afraid of gays? If I was afraid of gay people I wouldn't come near Atlanta. Come on. As far as the not wanting to hang around white folks comment. Well again, there is a reason black people like coming to Atlanta in general. Because they like to socialize and be around primarily other black people, hence the majority of ATLiens are black. This is common sense. But to be straight up and blatant I don't have a problem with white people. It's just that I've found the cultural differences between blacks and whites in America makes things awkward when engaging in interracial friendships.
I'm with you bro....that's why I live in a lilly white neighborhood and send my children to very white schools.....don't want them to have an "awkward" time engaging in "interracial friendships" and all. Well stated, and like I said before you will feel very comfortable in the ATL. Good luck on finding some straight black male friends. If I see you downtown, I'll just wave from afar so as to not make an "awkward" scene!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 PM

4 posts, read 10,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
I'm with you bro....that's why I live in a lilly white neighborhood and send my children to very white schools.....don't want them to have an "awkward" time engaging in "interracial friendships" and all. Well stated, and like I said before you will feel very comfortable in the ATL. Good luck on finding some straight black male friends. If I see you downtown, I'll just wave from afar so as to not make an "awkward" scene!
Cool..... Have a nice night.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 PM

738 posts, read 1,377,456 times
iMonti, I'm sorry that your thread devolved into a racial argument. That happens a lot here.

Just make friends the same way you would anywhere else. Participate in things that interest you. Hang out in places you enjoy. Take a class to learn something you've always wanted to try. You're bound to meet people interested in the same things you are, which ultimately will create the best friendships.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 PM

580 posts, read 1,421,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post
iMonti, I'm sorry that your thread devolved into a racial argument. That happens a lot here.

Just make friends the same way you would anywhere else. Participate in things that interest you. Hang out in places you enjoy. Take a class to learn something you've always wanted to try. You're bound to meet people interested in the same things you are, which ultimately will create the best friendships.
Well Said!! iMonti, you're 24 young and should be very active. Don't waste time wondering if someone is gay or not, just get to know people in general. Im not telling you to hang with gay people, all I'm saying is it's a lot more going on in this world. I don't know what all you've heard about Atlanta, but it seems as if you're coming into this area with a raised eyebrow lol. Just do you and you shouldn't have a problem !!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:04 PM

22 posts, read 41,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonti View Post
I'm a black male, 24, straight, etc. And I'm used to having a lot of friends here in NC. How would I go about making friends with other black males that are straight. (I feel I need to emphasize this because of the large gay black male population) People to go to sporting events, clubs, hanging out, etc. Nothing against the gays but I just feel more comfortable socializing with the straights. I plan on moving to Norcross, or Dunwoody, or Sandy Springs and any other place out in Gwinnett County.
Hi iMonti! I'm a 25 black female who just relocated to the Atlanta area. I loved about 2 hours south. I've been here for about a month and all I can tell you is just get out and explore the area. In the few weeks I've been here I've met some great people. I love to shop so I stay at various malls and each time I meet someone new. I personally don't mind spending time alone so often times I'm out shopping and exploring the city on my own. I find that's when I meet some really great people. So just get out and explore the town when you have the opportunity.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:18 AM

3 posts, read 3,148 times
On Saturday, October 29th, come out to the Spring4th Complex! 728 Spring St. NW Atlanta, GA 30308
It's a great way to make friends

Party til 6 AM.
Multiple stages, huge patio open.
ONLY $10 !?!?! Plus FREE pre-party Friday Oct 28 @ QUAD. 714 Spring St NW Atlanta, GA 30308
Age 18 and up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We're combining the patios of QUAD and Spring4th Center, creating a COMPLEX-wide CHAOS of surprises.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
VJs in the BASSment:
Two of America's best video DJs:
DJ San-D (New Orleans)
DVDJ Biggie (New York)

DJS IN THE MAIN ROOM of QUAD:
Respire (electro/disco/vintage)
Heroes x Villains (dubstep/crunk/elephant metal)
Mayhem (dubstep/drum n bass)
Dunsker (dub house)
Trogdor (dubstep)
GAWDS (hip hop/dubstep)

DJS ON THE PATIO Hosted by REVOLT:
Santy Moreno
Kevin Strazza
Munir Amastha
Voytech
Van Lo

DJS FRONT LOUNGE of QUAD:
AstralJunkie (psytrance)
MK Ultra (dubstep)
Avalanche (drum n bass)
MMessina (electro/dubstep/glitch hop)

AND IN THE BIG ROOM of Spring4th Center - LIVE BANDS:

Joe Medici
Joe Medici | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506077155 - broken link)

The Unsatisfied
[url]https://www.facebook.com/theunsatisfied?sk=app_2405167945[/url]

Sexual Side Effects
[url=http://www.facebook.com/sseband]The Sexual Side Effects | Facebook[/url]

PLUS Zombie Fashion Show, hosted by Gross Clothes

DJS IN THE OLD "RED DOOR":
Illuminaughty Dub (dubstep)
PLUS...special guest Hip Hop DJs

On the LOADING DOCK stage:
Airborn

And more:
Grassroots (hats & more)
Crashlab (glow toys)
Atlast (clothing)
Facepainting
Massages
Psychic

Burlesque shows
Trick or Treat Trio Dancers

Photos by Digital Bonaparte
Plus photo booth to be sure your costume is captured

COSTUME CONTESTS.
Our special guest judges will be roaming through COMPLEX CHAOS all night awarding prizes to 25+ party-goers in a variety of categories.

FOOD AVAILABLE LATE NIGHT by:
Soul Food Kitchen
Reasonably priced and yummy burgers, soul fries, tacos, chicken n waffles. Order from any bartender.

We're still adding a few more ingredients to the CHAOS so check back often.

Spring4th Complex, home of QUAD, CENTER, and ANNEX is one of Atlanta’s largest venues with an approximate capacity of 3,000 and 30,000 square feet of space, with multiple entrances to get you in quickly. With an abundance of parking and hotel accommodations, prepare for ease of access and enjoyment with the option to drink, eat, and party all night long.

[url=http://www.quadatlanta.com/]Spring4th Complex[/url]

Advance General Admission: $10
Advance Priority Admission: $15

ADVANCE TICKETS available online: [url]http://quad.wantickets.com/[/url]
LIMITED number of advance tickets available at Spring4th Box office:
728 Spring Street NW, Atlanta GA 303038
10 AM to 7 PM, Monday to Saturday.
Also available at most QUAD or Spring4th Center events.
No service charge.

For VIP table info and reservations: [email]VIP@spring4th.com[/email]

--> all pre-sales purchased prior to October 29th, will allow for FREE entry into the Halloween 2011 Pre-Party October 28th in QUAD.

Hope to see you at the party!

728 Spring St NW Atlanta, Georgia 30308
Saturday October 29th from 10pm to 6am

Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
Just what we need in Atlanta, more dubstep and hip hop! LOL.

I would say you make friends here the same way you make them anywhere else. And finding a cool music scene would be a great way to do that.

I was just joking making fun of QuadATL's post, I think it actually sounds like a great event where people come for the music instead of just to see and be seen as is the case at most of ATL's night clubs. I would, though, like to see less dubstep and more trance, nrg, and electro house.....but that's personal preference only.

I would say to open your mind to gay people, though, just for this one reason. There are a TON of gay, or at least DL bi black guys in Atlanta who for all intents and purposes look and act entirely straight. Just be ready to one day find out that the ultra cool black dude you met who goes womanizing with you on Saturday nights has been hooking up with dudes on Friday nights and you never knew it. Trust me, it'll happen. So don't panic!!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,019,407 times
I dont understand why men worry about gay men when Atlanta has all these beautiful women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta