U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM
 
Location: 30080
1,585 posts, read 1,985,006 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE HUH? actually its really that IGNORANT. Lets start with your subculture observation. Little do you know that more whites buy rap music than blacks. Whenever Ive been to a concert like Wiz Khalifa, or Kanye West, there are just as many if not more whites than blacks. When I come to an intersection such as piedmont and peachtree, i can look over in the car next to me and hear speakers blaring rap music, and the driver happens to be white. This subculture you are speaking of is in fact becoming YOUR culture as well. White youth sag their pants as well....the jeans just may be Aeropostale instead of Sean John....proper english is the Kings english AND im sure you don't speak that. And lastly who made you the spokesperson for the things that Suburbanites value?
I posted this exact thing in another thread. Its humorous when they flee out to the burbs to avoid a certain type only to have their kids to emulate them.

 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 347,948 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE HUH? actually its really that IGNORANT. Lets start with your subculture observation. Little do you know that more whites buy rap music than blacks. Whenever Ive been to a concert like Wiz Khalifa, or Kanye West, there are just as many if not more whites than blacks. When I come to an intersection such as piedmont and peachtree, i can look over in the car next to me and hear speakers blaring rap music, and the driver happens to be white. This subculture you are speaking of is in fact becoming YOUR culture as well. White youth sag their pants as well....the jeans just may be Aeropostale instead of Sean John....proper english is the Kings english AND im sure you don't speak that. And lastly who made you the spokesperson for the things that Suburbanites value?
I have reported your post to the administrators for the personal attacks above. Just an FYI.

But let me say this. I spend and have spent plenty of time around "white kids". Please. The ones who are loved by their parents and are pursuing higher education and a professional career are not "becoming black". Dream on. Some white kids do drugs. It doesnt mean they all, or predominantly are, druggies.

White kids are present in much larger numbers than blacks. So you could expect to see them in larger numbers in any number of venues. What is the relative proportion in prison, I wonder? How about he number and percent with high schooland/or college degrees?

Im no spokesperson. Never said I was. Just sharing insights that i have garnered from real people in suburbia. There is never 100% when making generalizations. But for the most part my insights are dead on and anyone who knows better knows that.
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM
 
397 posts, read 367,644 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Your family should travel with jpatlanta.
Yep because I have probably travelled 100 times on Marta in the last few years with a laptop, visible BB and never had an incident .

The other poster much have had some bad luck to have one person wrestle his laptop away from him and witness a seperate gun fight on one single trip..................
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
 
137 posts, read 119,179 times
Reputation: 126
number one by no means was i attacking you.....just making an observation. This form is about communication right, sorry you took my words for attacks....
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 347,948 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Before we moved here from out of state (6 yrs ago), my husband flew into Hartfield every Monday, and took MARTA to the Perimeter area. The first problem he had was the guy who tried to wrestle his computer bag from him. The second was a man running into the train followed by another guy with a gun. That gun ended up aiming way too close to my husband for comfort. He told his boss he could pay for a car rental or do without him. They changed the company policy to allow for rentals.

Sometimes, the perception is based on reality. My husband would not allow our teens to take MARTA to events downtown.

Now, should the lines be extended, we would welcome it. There is strength in numbers, and a certain comfort level too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
LOL....and all that just so happened to go down on one train ride. Go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
Yep because I have probably travelled 100 times on Marta in the last few years with a laptop, BB and never had an incident

The other poster much have had some bad luck to have one person wrestle his laptop away from him and witness a seperate gun fight on one single trip..................
Reread the original post folks. She is clearly describing two (2) distinct incidents. That is why she used the words first and second to describe them.

Sorry, your attempts to discredit fall short.
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM
 
137 posts, read 119,179 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
I have reported your post to the administrators for the personal attacks above. Just an FYI.

But let me say this. I spend and have spent plenty of time around "white kids". Please. The ones who are loved by their parents and are pursuing higher education and a professional career are not "becoming black". Dream on. Some white kids do drugs. It doesnt mean they all, or predominantly are, druggies.

White kids are present in much larger numbers than blacks. So you could expect to see them in larger numbers in any number of venues. What is the relative proportion in prison, I wonder? How about he number and percent with high schooland/or college degrees?

Im no spokesperson. Never said I was. Just sharing insights that i have garnered from real people in suburbia. There is never 100% when making generalizations. But for the most part my insights are dead on and anyone who knows better knows that.
you should also report your attacks that are roundabout.......such as indirectly saying there are more blacks in prison......what does this have to do with the argument at hand? why bring something negative up ?
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
 
Location: 30080
1,585 posts, read 1,985,006 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
you should also report your attacks that are roundabout.......such as indirectly saying there are more blacks in prison......what does this have to do with the argument at hand? why bring something negative up ?
Because he's one of the boards race trolls. It's all he ever does.
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
 
14,593 posts, read 9,174,320 times
Reputation: 3448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Im gonna start paying black people to run up to nervous suburbanites and go "BOOO!!!!"
Seems like we're ignoring and/or invisiblizing a huge block of suburbanites in this discussion by assuming that they are all white.

The vast majority of blacks (probably close to 90%) in the ATL are also suburbanites.
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 347,948 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
number one by no means was i attacking you.....just making an observation. This form is about communication right, sorry you took my words for attacks....
Well, describing my post as ignorant and then saying you are SURE I dont speak the kings english are clearly insulting observations. Please dont insult me further by attempting to gloss over it and expect that Ill buy it.
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 PM
 
137 posts, read 119,179 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
I have reported your post to the administrators for the personal attacks above. Just an FYI.

But let me say this. I spend and have spent plenty of time around "white kids". Please. The ones who are loved by their parents and are pursuing higher education and a professional career are not "becoming black". Dream on. Some white kids do drugs. It doesnt mean they all, or predominantly are, druggies.

White kids are present in much larger numbers than blacks. So you could expect to see them in larger numbers in any number of venues. What is the relative proportion in prison, I wonder? How about he number and percent with high schooland/or college degrees?

Im no spokesperson. Never said I was. Just sharing insights that i have garnered from real people in suburbia. There is never 100% when making generalizations. But for the most part my insights are dead on and anyone who knows better knows that.
what exactly do you mean the ones who are loved? so white kids who are not loved at home are in danger of becoming black as you say? Please elaborate your logic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top