Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 03:09 PM

183 posts, read 196,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
The Japanese will no doubt be glad you have settled this matter FOR them. As so the Germans.

So when Hazam moves to Berlin from Afghanistan, he is immediately just as German as anyone else, and can take equal pride in their accomplishments as someone whose family has lived there for thousands of years? Same goes for whites in Hati? We are as much Hatian as American or European? Hogwash.

For the thousandth time THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU PERSONALLY.

You deny DNA has influence on personal characteristics, or that there are traits common to those who share more DNA vs less?. Curious. Aren't blacks predisposed to Sickle Cell at much higher rates than whites? You should take your theory to a geneticist, I'm sure he would be.....intrigued...

Tell me about some blacks in Africa that show significantly more advancement than other African blacks. Tell me about these large differences that have led to significant developmental differences among Africans. Tell me about the African country that leads the world in something besides starvation and poverty. Not counting SA, of course, for obvious reasons.

I'm no expert on Native Americans, but I know many tribes still struggle to fully assimilate, and that alcoholism plagues them at higher levels than the rest of the population. This is widely recognized. People of Native American desent receive many advantages, by federal law, due solely to their race. How dare we base anything on race!! Right? Or is it ok when it means free money for a "racially minority" group? Hmmmmm
1. I am not about to argue about what you or Germans consider a race. If you think Germans are a different race from Brittons and Italians and that Japanese are a different race then the Chinese then whatever. This is why people think race is a social construct.

2. I never said there were no outward physical differences between races. It looked like you were trying to say DNA determined culture and customs which is just silly. But it seems you are.

Now you are trying say that all people in Africa are the same becuase they don't meet whatever standards of "development" you are comparing. Lol, yeah let's ignore the vast languages , religions , customes and art of the different groups of people. If they don't have flat screen tvs and McDonald's they are all the same anyway right? Man, I don't know what to say about you but sadly many other whites think the same way.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Tigers, I understand you have some beef with black people but what are you trying to accomplish? At least in this Atlanta forum?

If your goal to show blacks are dumb or have low IQ then just say it and move on. We feel sad . Really we do. White people are awsome and superior man. Some of my best friends (seriously) are white. Very smart guys.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times

12-Year-Old Genius Goes to Morehouse College! - YouTube

Old 02-05-2012, 08:59 PM

714 posts, read 813,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
Tigers, I understand you have some beef with black people but what are you trying to accomplish? At least in this Atlanta forum?

If your goal to show blacks are dumb or have low IQ then just say it and move on. We feel sad . Really we do. White people are awsome and superior man. Some of my best friends (seriously) are white. Very smart guys.
My goal,if I have one, is to refute the current popular narrative. It says that, if white people didnt exist, the world would still have all the great modernities it enjoys, just without the racism and genocide that white people engage in. You yourself suggested that race means nothing, that we are all the same underneath our skin color. The implication being that if left alone, people from the continent of Africa were just as likely to put a man on the moon or establish the Internet as anyone else. Also, that a bunch of slave owning whites abused and used and stole thei way to success, and therefore white western culture is an affront to humanity, and should be stripped of its mainstream status. Furthermore, white western culture has succeeded only because it subjugated others and thus it's undeserved, unjust and largely criminal. When white (males) do experience success today, it's because of racial favoritism and the good ole boy network, not talent, hard work or ability.the corollary is, of course, that black failure is the responsibility of white/white culture, and that black success is achieved despite white interference t the contrary.

I could go on but suffice it to say, the pendulum has swing much too far. It needs rebalancing, and a serious reality check.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
You yourself suggested that race means nothing, that we are all the same underneath our skin color. The implication being that if left alone, people from the continent of Africa were just as likely to put a man on the moon or establish the Internet as anyone else.
So if we are not the same under the skin and the people of Africa would not have done anything, do you believe that white people have a higher IQ?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 AM

This is a recent message I received in the reputation comments:

"you have to bethe most stupidest ignorant low life I have ever seen on a blog. The same people u talk about are going to be the same people your going to need help from mark my words. I need to find out where your typing from"

Now, who is the lowlife: The person sending an anonymous message over an already anonymous network? The person making a cowardly personal threat without having the courage to identify their anonymous online persona? The person who writes things like "the most stupidest" or "your" instead of "you're" (twice!)? LOL

Note: I "type from" a lot of places. Ever heard of wireless internet? But give finding out a go. Here is a hint: Mostly, Im in Atlanta, but not always.

Ill mark your words, I sure will.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You seem to blaming the HBCU's for being what they are.You know we should call UGA an " HWCU" because thats exactly what it is.
You have a notion that most black colleges are not expanding their historical bases.NOT TRUE. Schools "tout" their histories because they have played a very important role in history for juts black people.With the exception of the "black ivy" schools like Morehouse,Spelman,Howard,Hampton and Tuskegee,i can honestly say are nowadays more open to accepting and recruiting students from all over.

Lets face it white people dont apply because they assume that in most cases its inferior.In many cases it may be true but many whites will go to the community college before they go to an obviously better black 4 year college.
Call UGA whatever you like. The fact is, all large universities today boast, brag and compete over whether their campuses are more diverse than others. Meanwhile, a place like Morehouse sticks to their black male demo almost excusively. Never mind whites, how about asians, hispanics, indians, arabs, etc.

White people also dont enjoy being subjected to constant harangues about the evilness of their race. Nor do they appreciate "lessons" on how almost all black problems are the fault of racism and "white power". Those are key reaons whites have near zero interest in attending HBCUs. The subpar quality of the education is indeed another.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,889,338 times
Quote:
Call UGA whatever you like. The fact is, all large universities today boast, brag and compete over whether their campuses are more diverse than others. Meanwhile, a place like Morehouse sticks to their black male demo almost excusively. Never mind whites, how about asians, hispanics, indians, arabs, etc.

White people also dont enjoy being subjected to constant harangues about the evilness of their race. Nor do they appreciate "lessons" on how almost all black problems are the fault of racism and "white power". Those are key reaons whites have near zero interest in attending HBCUs. The subpar quality of the education is indeed another.
I am a white person and what I don't enjoy is your vile racist ranting. Generalizations about what people of any skin color enjoy, think, etc. are always absurd, and yours are offensive to boot.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM

257 posts, read 469,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
I am a white person and what I don't enjoy is your vile racist ranting. Generalizations about what people of any skin color enjoy, think, etc. are always absurd, and yours are offensive to boot.
I don't think he's being racist.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
Youre allowed an opinion!

Generalizations are necessary when engaging in discussions like these that arent directed at indivudals. Never said I speak for all white people, or that white people all share the same views. Obviously.

When a politicians say "Americans want blah blah blah...", clearly he does so knowing not ALL americans want blah blah blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta