Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 06:24 AM

714 posts, read 813,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Neither because a individual is not responsible for people of the same skin color. "A race can not take credit or blame for anything."

In fact we have just as much in common with the success and failure of individuals in Israel.
This is excellent but surprising news.

So white people cannot take blame for slavery.
Blacks are not accomplished athletes.
The Japanese (a race) did not bomb Pearl Harbor.
The Indian race was not mistreated by the white race.
There are not more white CEOs, if there are its purely coincidental.
Etc.

And African Americans are as responsible for the success of Israel as any Jew.

Truly fascinating stuff.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:01 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Any college that touts itself as a bastion for black males and then is surprised when non black males don't apply is a dumb college. Same goes for other HBCUs. They tout themselves as a black school and then act shocked when non blacks rarely apply? What an absurd notion.
Whites are not excluded There was a well known case of a white kid who went to Morehouse and graduated as valedictorian.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:03 AM

183 posts, read 196,649 times
Quote:
This is excellent but surprising news.

So white people cannot take blame for slavery.
Blacks are not accomplished athletes.
The Japanese (a race) did not bomb Pearl Harbor.
The Indian race was not mistreated by the white race.
There are not more white CEOs, if there are its purely coincidental.
Etc.

And African Americans are as responsible for the success of Israel as any Jew.

Truly fascinating stuff.
This is the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

1."Japanese" and "Indian" aren't races they are both considered "Asian" and even the census gets that right. Are you serious? Now if are trying to call Native Americans "Indian" that doesn't even deserve a response. I mean, wow.

2. Most blacks aren't good athletes and I'm sure as hell not.

3. How does a race create CEOs?

4. How do blacks down the street from me who have anything to do with a country in Africa (becuase racist often forget that Africa is a not a monolithic county but a continet full of different people and cultures who happen to have dark skin) if their family has been here since the slave trade and have no reference to any group or country in Africa? Is it becuase we dark skin? That's retarded man. Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen you type. You get worse and worse. The point is I have as much to do with a Jew as I do a guy in the Congo becuase I have no connection outside of skin color. That's like saying blacks in the U.S. and Australian aboriginals are the same since , guess what THEY HAVE DARK SKIN!

It's like talking to some racist high schooler. Do you really believe what you type? That crap above is making my head hurt. It's just so dumb.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Whites are not excluded There was a well known case of a white kid who went to Morehouse and graduated as valedictorian.
Yes. Blacks aren't officially excluded from the kkk. It's just they haven't historically belonged....

As I said before, the rare exception does not invalidate the overall thesis.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
This is the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

1."Japanese" and "Indian" aren't races they are both considered "Asian" and even the census gets that right. Are you serious? Now if are trying to call Native Americans "Indian" that doesn't even deserve a response. I mean, wow.

2. Most blacks aren't good athletes and I'm sure as hell not.

3. How does a race create CEOs?

4. How do blacks down the street from me who have anything to do with a country in Africa (becuase racist often forget that Africa is a not a monolithic county but a continet full of different people and cultures who happen to have dark skin) if their family has been here since the slave trade and have no reference to any group or country in Africa? Is it becuase we dark skin? That's retarded man. Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen you type. You get worse and worse. The point is I have as much to do with a Jew as I do a guy in the Congo becuase I have no connection outside of skin color. That's like saying blacks in the U.S. and Australian aboriginals are the same since , guess what THEY HAVE DARK SKIN!

It's like talking to some racist high schooler. Do you really believe what you type? That crap above is making my head hurt. It's just so dumb.
Engage in personal attacks much? You should read the forum rules.

So how about DNA. Do you share the same level of DNA with a pacific islander as you do with your first cousin? That is essentially your argument. Your DNA is more heavily drawn from Africa than it is from France. Mine is more aligned with western Europe than it is Chinese or African.

The Japanese don't consider themselves a race? You must not know much about them. Japan is a very homogeneous place, with few other races, Asian or otherwise. They were just as supremacist about themselves in WW ii as the Germans. Ask the Chinese, who bore the brunt of this race supremacy.

Races come with dna. Within races there are cultures, customs, norms, predilections, characteristics. Skin color is one. Does the typical American Indian behave and act the same as a European? Why are their outcomes so different?

Because one or two Chinese have played in the nba, does that mean they are an equally tall race as the Germans? Despite your fervent wishes, we are not all the same.

Blacks are 13 % of the population but dominate large college sports and most pro sports. But there is no natual superiority, nahhhj.

Look, I don't want to knock you from your fantasy land, you seem to like it there.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Engage in personal attacks much? You should read the forum rules.

So how about DNA. Do you share the same level of DNA with a pacific islander as you do with your first cousin? That is essentially your argument. Your DNA is more heavily drawn from Africa than it is from France. Mine is more aligned with western Europe than it is Chinese or African.

The Japanese don't consider themselves a race? You must not know much about them. Japan is a very homogeneous place, with few other races, Asian or otherwise. They were just as supremacist about themselves in WW ii as the Germans. Ask the Chinese, who bore the brunt of this race supremacy.

Races come with dna. Within races there are cultures, customs, norms, predilections, characteristics. Skin color is one. Does the typical American Indian behave and act the same as a European? Why are their outcomes so different?

Because one or two Chinese have played in the nba, does that mean they are an equally tall race as the Germans? Despite your fervent wishes, we are not all the same.

Blacks are 13 % of the population but dominate large college sports and most pro sports. But there is no natual superiority, nahhhj.

Look, I don't want to knock you from your fantasy land, you seem to like it there.
Doesn't matter what the Japanese think they are. The scientific migration patterns and physical traits show they are Asian and pretty much any source will agree with that. Germans thought they were a race too.

So becuase my DNA is supposedly closely related to some dude in Africa somewhere I share the same customes and culture as some dude on that continent regardless of the fact that I have no connection whatsoever to him and his local culture , language ect nor do I even know where that dude lives on that huge continent?

Answer that for me. How do all black people in Africa act alike ? Are there no cultural differences? You think since they are all black it's all that the same right?

You think DNA causes people in Native Anerican tribes to have a different culture? Despite many adopting American and Europen culture? This is getting interesting. Please answer the question so I understand.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Wasn't there some problem with the dress code though? I don't remember the details but there was something about it reinforcing stereotypes.
Men dressing effeminately caused Vibe magazine to write an article about the sub-group on campus.This is a debate between students on campus.

Morehouse Men React To VIbe Magazine - YouTube

Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Also, most people would probably agree that socioeconomic plays a bigger role in why blacks dominate "certain" sports more the physical difference. There is a higher percentage of poor or lower income blacks than whites and many use sports as a way to keep out trouble, learn leadership skills get into college or just the team player lessons that come from organized sports.

If you want to specify basket ball , I've never seen any data suggesting blacks are genetically taller then whites. Asian are shorter on average but no one is denying and outside physical differences among races. Exposure determines the sport too. You rarely see American blacks playing soccer vs Hispanics. Now blacks from other countries play it more since soccer is more international.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
Doesn't matter what the Japanese think they are. The scientific migration patterns and physical traits show they are Asian and pretty much any source will agree with that. Germans thought they were a race too.

So becuase my DNA is supposedly closely related to some dude in Africa somewhere I share the same customes and culture as some dude on that continent regardless of the fact that I have no connection whatsoever to him and his local culture , language ect nor do I even know where that dude lives on that huge continent?

Answer that for me. How do all black people in Africa act alike ? Are there no cultural differences? You think since they are all black it's all that the same right?

You think DNA causes people in Native Anerican tribes to have a different culture? Despite many adopting American and Europen culture? This is getting interesting. Please answer the question so I understand.
The Japanese will no doubt be glad you have settled this matter FOR them. As so the Germans.

So when Hazam moves to Berlin from Afghanistan, he is immediately just as German as anyone else, and can take equal pride in their accomplishments as someone whose family has lived there for thousands of years? Same goes for whites in Hati? We are as much Hatian as American or European? Hogwash.

For the thousandth time THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU PERSONALLY.

You deny DNA has influence on personal characteristics, or that there are traits common to those who share more DNA vs less?. Curious. Aren't blacks predisposed to Sickle Cell at much higher rates than whites? You should take your theory to a geneticist, I'm sure he would be.....intrigued...

Tell me about some blacks in Africa that show significantly more advancement than other African blacks. Tell me about these large differences that have led to significant developmental differences among Africans. Tell me about the African country that leads the world in something besides starvation and poverty. Not counting SA, of course, for obvious reasons.

I'm no expert on Native Americans, but I know many tribes still struggle to fully assimilate, and that alcoholism plagues them at higher levels than the rest of the population. This is widely recognized. People of Native American desent receive many advantages, by federal law, due solely to their race. How dare we base anything on race!! Right? Or is it ok when it means free money for a "racially minority" group? Hmmmmm

Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
It works like ths. By the nature of what it is, Morehouse excludes large segments of the population. That is, a college that historically and proudly caters exclusively to black men. That is how it positions itself. It has the effect of saying to the non black men and women, that Morehouse is not for me. Thus, such people don't apply.

Any college that touts itself as a bastion for black males and then is surprised when non black males don't apply is a dumb college. Same goes for other HBCUs. They tout themselves as a black school and then act shocked when non blacks rarely apply? What an absurd notion.

"13% of the country is black but that has nothing to do with...." ok den.
You seem to blaming the HBCU's for being what they are.You know we should call UGA an " HWCU" because thats exactly what it is.
You have a notion that most black colleges are not expanding their historical bases.NOT TRUE. Schools "tout" their histories because they have played a very important role in history for juts black people.With the exception of the "black ivy" schools like Morehouse,Spelman,Howard,Hampton and Tuskegee,i can honestly say are nowadays more open to accepting and recruiting students from all over.

Lets face it white people dont apply because they assume that in most cases its inferior.In many cases it may be true but many whites will go to the community college before they go to an obviously better black 4 year college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta