Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM

562 posts, read 1,790,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
Wow! Eleven employees in a somewhat fast food place at one time is definitely unheard of here. The most I saw working at Pollo Loco was five (two cooking, two on register, and one manager). I did see that other Pollo place being built on Cobb Pkwy. I can't see it doing too well since Chipotle although pricier is right behind it. Chipotle always has a line and maybe that's the people it will attract. Pollo Loco was good, but if I had the choice I would have hit Chipotle.
I think anything there is going to do well regardless of what kind of food. That Chipotle is always packed, the subway is actually one of the highest grossing subways in Ga. The recently opened Uncle maddios in the back (yuck) had a line out the door last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
If any California-based chain needs to be in the Atlanta area, it's a desired return of Del Taco. It is far superior to Taco Bell.
There is now a Del Taco in Kennesaw right by the college.

Del Taco is Back and We are Hiring NOW (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/fbh/2931633309.html - broken link)

Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
i don't mean to bring race into this, and i hope this doesn't devolve into a thread where the race baiters can come in and take over, but i think part of their issue in this market is that the hispanic population isn't as integrated as it is in the southwest— over here, the hispanic crowd is still somewhat segregated due to the language barrier, whereas in the southwest you've got people who are of hispanic origin who have lived there for generations. over here, most people who are hispanic stay in their own communities and are kind of segregated off.

this leads to people, both black and white, i think, seeing a place that has its name in the spanish language, feeling that it's not a place for them to go, or it's a 'mexican place' where they would not feel welcome or would not be able to order due to the language barrier.

it's partly the reason i listed above, and it's also partly that they expected people here to absolutely love their food when they've never even heard of the place. if you open 50 locations in the area instead of gradually introducing the brand name as a reputable brand, obviously you're going to take a huge loss that is going to be hard to make up.

either way, they never opened one up my way, so i never got the chance to try them. there is a pollo campero nearby, but when i surveyed the menu i saw that most of the stuff had meat in it— i eat semi-kosher so i can't eat milk and meat products together, and also no pork, shellfish, etc. and trying to explain that to people is awkward enough, and considering everyone i saw in there was hispanic, i figured there would be a language barrier issue as well, so i didn't bother. for the same reasons (kosher limitations), i don't eat at bojangles either.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:13 PM

267 posts, read 885,461 times
Oh man, I didn't even realize there were El Pollo Loco's in Atlanta! I was just thinking about that place a few weeks back. I am from L.A. and I grew up around El Pollo Loco, and I do like their chicken. Sad to hear they closed here!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 AM

847 posts, read 1,457,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
There is now a Del Taco in Kennesaw right by the college.

Del Taco is Back and We are Hiring NOW (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/fbh/2931633309.html - broken link)
There is also a Del Taco in Snellville on 124 near Ronald Reagan Parkway.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,886 times
There is a another (fast-food) restaurant opening on the Cobb Pkwy site of the former Pollo Loco. Does anyone know what that restaurant will be?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,801,312 times
Maybe they are having trouble all over? We had a brand new PT open in our town here in Central FL, and it closed after about a year (or less). Not sure what happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta