U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 358,601 times
Reputation: 195

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
The consistently contradictory thought processes are bad enough...then the individual in question tops it all off with some occasional racially extremist material.

After that, I pretty much call it a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Yep. I'm done, too...let's go get beer!
Silence! Here you go, with apologies to Bob Duvall, "I love the smell of silence. It smells like....Victory!"

FYI, beer is made and sold by capitalist enterprises seeking to maximize profit, sometimes at the expense of employee, consumer and societal welfare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM
 
864 posts, read 391,584 times
Reputation: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Because it's a global economy and a global crisis, There was not a develop nation not felt or hit by the recession. Also that's a loaded question with a Straw man. Conservatives don't have a reason why not to taxes the rich more. With issues in America including the national debt and etc there plenty of reasons to. I'm stressing the larger issues conservative having this super irrational hate for the government, that they don't want the government to protect the American public. The is the key is more regulation.
This doesn't even answer my question. Why do you think more taxes will work here but it did not work in Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Falied you still ignoring the fact that the Wealthy is getting Wealthier, I want a conservative to say the facts The Wealthy is getting Wealthier and The income gap is widening between classes. Under that, base on conservative philosophy and ideology there shouldn't ever been a recession. And according to many conservative economists during the time, there wasn't a recession coming the fundamental of the economy were strong.
Austrian/Libertarian economist and politicians have been predicting this for years, among them Peter Shciff and Ron Paul. Where on earth were you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
You and me control the government, this isn't a Totalitarianism country if the government leaders do something stupid is because WE put them there. The silliness of fearing the government in a democracy. If the government policies are erred they need to change them, not the government should be absent, The recession was cause by inadequate regulation you think the free market is going regulate it self. The government does that if we demand them to.
We don't live in a free market. If you don't understand that there is not reason to discuss this with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Actually the the federal reserve didn't "pumped the bad credit into the market" in your words, until to middle of the recession it's thought if money is flowing in the free market the economy will recover regardless of your thoughts and that it's irreverent, but that's not the cause of the recession it was a response to the recession. Actually the federal reserve failed at regulating. The recession was cause by inadequate regulation and bad practices of financial institution.
Ok, so you are saying the Federal reserve just started doing what it did when Obama took office? Ok, this discussion isn't going anywhere. You don't have a concept of where our money comes from or what it is really based on. You don't understand how boom and bust are inherent in the broken monetary system we have no matter how much you regulate it unless you actually put a cap on the printing press.

I suggest you start here if you don't understand how this is a bigger issue then "The rich are greedy" and that our whole money system is the cause.

I suggest you start at 7 minutes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Tax the rich more isn't for the hell of it, why because things NEEDED need to be pay for, infrastructure, transit, education and etc. Conservative believe the wealthy is going to pay and care of society, NO they own nothing to society, Do you believe the wealthy is going pay for infrastructure, transit, education and etc NO.
Everyone should pay for that, but this issue is bigger then class warfare. I suggest the video above.

Last edited by muxBuppie; 11-01-2011 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 358,601 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
From Wikipedia, with sources there if I must also post them for you: The World Health Organization (WHO), in 2000, ranked the U.S. health care system as the highest in cost, first in responsiveness, 37th in overall performance, and 72nd by overall level of health (among 191 member nations included in the study). The Commonwealth Fund ranked the United States last in the quality of health care among similar countries, and notes U.S. care costs the most.

So, it sure doesn't seem like we're the best. In fact...it looks like we're near dead LAST. And the most expensive, by far (25% more than #2 in relation to GDP). The only thing we're good at is seeing people quickly. Something sounds fishy.

Interesting story about our healthcare system. Co-worker of mine went in for a possible hernia procedure. Doctor told him he best get it done NOW. He said with socialiuzed medicine in the offing, such procedures may not be available, or certainly not readily available, especially to older clients like him. It seems in most of Europe, places like Italy and France, you either CANT get the surgery, because a hernia isnt life threatening or terribly delibatating, or have to wait for a very long time. Also, you might be deemed "too old" and thus "not worth the cost and risk". Like many "elective procedures" it basically never gets done.

Sure cant wait for that European style medical system in the US, huh?! How wonderful it will be when medical services are rationed by the govt.

Word of warning: When Obamacare finally comes on line, do your best to "be well". Being sick in a socialist medical care sytstem could be REALLY BAD for your health..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM
JPD
 
7,874 posts, read 8,109,972 times
Reputation: 3614
You need to read up on Obamacare from an unbiased source. It is not even close to socialized or European style healthcare. I wish it was, but it is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 358,601 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You need to read up on Obamacare from an unbiased source. It is not even close to socialized or European style healthcare. I wish it was, but it is not.
After reading my post above, you still wish ObamaCare was close to the European system? Amazing. I guess people will do anything for freebies.

FYI, Europe is in the process of financially imploding due to usustainable social policies that had no basis in reality. It wont end pretty. They are our Canary in the Coal Mine. We ignore their lesson at our peril.

PS: SUre. Your sources arent biased but mine are...right.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2011, 02:32 AM
 
2,251 posts, read 1,903,521 times
Reputation: 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
This doesn't even answer my question. Why do you think more taxes will work here but it did not work in Europe?
I did response to your question, first I pointed it was a loaded question with a Straw man to what I was saying. First the staw man The is the key is more regulation. Taxes and regulation is not the same thing, Poor regulation of financial intuition cause the recession. Taxes is not to help get of out recession it’s to pay for in structure, education, debt and etc. Again “I'm stressing the larger issues conservative having this super irrational hate for the government, that they don't want the government to protect the American public.” me bringing up taxes was an example because there no reason not to tax the rich more conservatives just don’t what the government to do it. Just like conservatives don’t more regulation STOP straw maning my post.

The loaded question I never said taxes was the key to solve the economic crisis but you respond to me with a trick question to something I never said. Also Europe is in there situation because this is a global economy, tied markets and a global crisis that why Europe was hit. “taxes” was irrelevant to bring up. Especially if I said more government regulation was the key.
Quote:
Austrian/Libertarian economist and politicians have been predicting this for years, among them Peter Shciff and Ron Paul. Where on earth were you?
I still I want a conservative to say the facts The Wealthy is getting Wealthier and The income gap is widening between classes. Before arguing there point, I want a conservative to say there not a reason, to not tax the wealthy more, but rather yall just don’t to do it. Yall got what yall want income taxes are the lowest since the 50s so . Oh yeah George Bush while in office in interview said economy was strong, John McCain while running bash Obama about the prediction of the recession. The mainstream conservative and republican view was just off until the 08 fall.

Quote:
We don't live in a free market. If you don't understand that there is not reason to discuss this with you.
Huh? Do know what free market means? it's a term referring to the competitive market. Which is not the same thing as a Free market economy a economy that's unregulated by the government. The US is mix Mixed economy. Anyways the point is the market is not going to regulate itself and the market isn't going to build infrastructure and etc for society. Again this isn't a Totalitarianism country if the government leaders do something stupid is because WE put them there. The silliness of fearing the government in a democracy. If the government policies are erred they need to change them, not the government should be absent.


Quote:
Ok, so you are saying the Federal reserve just started doing what it did when Obama took office? Ok, this discussion isn't going anywhere. You don't have a concept of where our money comes from or what it is really based on. You don't understand how boom and bust are inherent in the broken monetary system we have no matter how much you regulate it unless you actually put a cap on the printing press.

I suggest you start here if you don't understand how this is a bigger issue then "The rich are greedy" and that our whole money system is the cause.

I suggest you start at 7 minutes.
If the Federal reserve over putting money in the market cause inflation, the value of dollar would drop. The error of the recession was the market was over built over speculated. Banks were giving out loans to a demand that didn’t exist. If inflation occur prices will rise because the dollar is weak this has nothing to do with Banks giving loads that's a whole another issue itself. The housing market didn’t crash because the value of the dollar was too low and folks couldn’t buy homes, But the demand for homes were over speculated. The money for the loads couldn’t be given back to the banks. Banks put out irresponsible ricky loads. In fact lets use the term capital, The capital for the loads couldn’t be given back to the banks.

Quote:
Everyone should pay for that, but this issue is bigger then class warfare. I suggest the video above.
Yes every should pay but base on income.

At one point of the video it said construction companies benfit from the iraq war which sounds too conspicuous, then it frame the Iraq war was faught as if it was a economic benfit to the US which is bull. Then the video gave a positive light to Chávez and the painted US negative. I watch it literally 7:00 to 40:00 and what I got is the overall video is about the US government is victimizing dictators. That they was doing the right things for their people then here comes the American empire type of stuff. Ok...... your not conservative because they believe in extreme american exceptionalism. Also the video mention US cooperation being the ring leaders with the US government. So I'm now confuse over your views all together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Acworth
1,350 posts, read 2,559,849 times
Reputation: 436
What has happened here since the last time i read page 3?

Are there people who are really arguing? Who are you arguing with? About what? Unless you make millions a year without securing debt with it, you are poor. So why argue with other poor people. I just dont understand it. You are all in the same barrel getting wheed on by those that own you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 AM
JPD
 
7,874 posts, read 8,109,972 times
Reputation: 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
After reading my post above, you still wish ObamaCare was close to the European system? Amazing. I guess people will do anything for freebies.

FYI, Europe is in the process of financially imploding due to usustainable social policies that had no basis in reality. It wont end pretty. They are our Canary in the Coal Mine. We ignore their lesson at our peril.

PS: SUre. Your sources arent biased but mine are...right.....
How is it free if I pay into a system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 358,601 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
What has happened here since the last time i read page 3?

Are there people who are really arguing? Who are you arguing with? About what? Unless you make millions a year without securing debt with it, you are poor. So why argue with other poor people. I just dont understand it. You are all in the same barrel getting wheed on by those that own you
The above is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country. The idea/concept that anyone who has more doesnt deserve it because, well, everyone else refuses to accept personal responsibility for their station, or lack thereof, in life.

Average living standards in the US are higher than most of the 7 billion total people on the planet. Plenty of folks in the US who do not make millions lead very rich, satisfying and wonderful lives. Not having a private jet or yacht does not mean you are deprived or suffering.

I suppose there will always be politics based on jealousy, rage, envy and resentment. Usually by the same people who hated the High school QB or Prom Queen BECAUSE they were popular, and he/she wasnt.

We are all masters of our destiny in the US. Does that mean everyone who wants to play Centerfield for the Yankees, or be a world famous movie star, will be so? NO, NO and NO. Boohhooo. Realize that while there is tremendous opportunity, some people are born with inherent advantages. It is up to each person to figure out what their strengths are and make the most of them. If you dont do that, its on YOU!

Life in the US for most people is grand. Those who are embittered and angry at their outcome should look internally before blaming everyone else. To do otherwise is pure cowardice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
714 posts, read 358,601 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
How is it free if I pay into a system?
Perhaps its not absolutely Free to YOU, specifically. But ANY system/deal that claims it covers EVERYONE for EVERY possible malady is ultimately going to be effectively free to many, and will undoubtedly substantially erode both the level and availability of overall care. The people who had care before will have less of it, and others will have more, financed at the expense of the former. Its socialism, pure and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top